• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A few strange problems in the editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well, SCII is finally here! and its awesome! The editor, while equally awesome, is giving me a hard time, and I'm having a couple odd problems im hope you all can help me with. First, I can't see any water I place, even when I raise/lower the height in the edit water window. I used to be able to see it, and i haven't changed anything, but now I can't.
The second and last strange issue is that I can't seem to place any doodads in the upper left portion of my map, unless I hold down shift. Thanks in advance for responses! :D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
To fix water, up visuals and make sure the water layer is set to be viewable (you might have accidently toggoled it via hotkey, turn it back on from the menu at the top of the screen).

The map might have its borders set to unplayable, thus the corners are not buildable. Thus you must hold shift so it ignores the pathring requirements.

Level 3
I had a weird issue with the shift + clicking to "ignore pathing requirements". I placed a bunch of corpses around and other billboards, loading up the map now (I've closed and saved several times, breaks etc) it sends about 1,000 error messages saying the doodads can no longer be placed. Any ideas?

Level 8
Could be something to do with your graphics settings, though im far from an expert.

On another note i cant find where to toggle the view of the water, what is it under exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.