• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

can't see custom units or structures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Read the FAQ or try searching. This has been answered dozens of times already.

You have not attached your unit to an actor. Basically actors handle all visual elements in the game and until you add your units to the events of one so it creates one with the unit to represent the unit, the unit will have no visible appearence in the game.

If you copy a unit, duplicate its actor as well and make sure it updates the event hooks to your new custom unit and not the old base unit.
Additionally you can copy an existing actor and simply change the creation etc events to link to the custom unit instead of the orignal link target unit.

Sigh.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Make sure the base unit was a buildable unit and be aware some options you can choose will hide units. Anyway I advise creating it again and seeing what step makes it no longer choosable.
Also if it was based off a campaign unit you might be suffering the dependiencies bug. To fix move up the campaign mods to the top of the list (they default to being added to the bottom).

Level 2
I think i know the problem. I've had the same problem before when i was making a hero.
Go to your Actor that you created. Check these things:
Art - Model
Art - Model (portrait)

If any of these attributes has the units name then "copy" beside it (for example: Art - Model - Marine Copy) Then change it to its original form. Example: From Art- Model - Marine Copy to Art- Model Marine
Make sure to change both the model and model (portrait) hope this helps :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.