• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Strange bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Hi everyone,
There is something strange with editor and the terraining trigger function.

the cliff height is integer type.
and when you use it to check clif height it display 1-2-3-4 etc... depending on the cliff height you setted in editor. but if you raised the terrain using deformation tool the cliff height don't recognize the change meaning water level cliff height 1 you raise to ground level cliff height 2 or 3 using raise tool will always in game be considered as cliff height 1.

this is minor problem but the height value of the height real is even worse.
when you use height real to check height of area it always display 64 even if the cliff level is higher or lower, or if just raised lowered, height don't recognize anything. if try to set instead of area a coordinated Height = height of (region(x,y)(x,y) it then always display 0.00

is there a way to detect in game, real height of terrain.?
or to detect cliff level if used raise tool....?

also the pathing work fine for any change made in editor, but can't follow the change made in game...but that is minor flaw...

i can detect coordinated(x,y), pathing, terrain type...
i would need to detect terrain height, especially since i am probably not going to use cliff everywhere.

ABM

ABM

Level 7
rulerofiron99
thanks ^^

hum i noticed something annoying changing the pathing type in game does nothing....
this is quite absurd, why would there be a gui function to change pathing when it acually don't change it.
? :( ?

anyone is it normal that pathing change isn't working in game?
or is it me who don't do it well.....?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.