• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Few Questions About Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my map, I have items that you can pick up and they will appear in your hand. I want these items to have abilities bound to them that you can cast. For example, when you press "Q" it would play the animation for and cast the ability for one of the items. I gave the item the ability and set both the item hotkey and ability hotkey to Q, but when i try to use it, Q does not do anything and I have to click on the item and then click on the target and no animation is played. How can I fix this? Rep for helpers.

Level 19
In my map, I have items that you can pick up and they will appear in your hand. I want these items to have abilities bound to them that you can cast. For example, when you press "Q" it would play the animation for and cast the ability for one of the items. I gave the item the ability and set both the item hotkey and ability hotkey to Q, but when i try to use it, Q does not do anything and I have to click on the item and then click on the target and no animation is played. How can I fix this? Rep for helpers.

you can't give item abilities alphaumerical hotkeys, they have to be numpad

Level 21

That's not a bug, it's meant to work like that.

However, there's a way to make it work like you want.

Basically you make a trigger that gives the unit abilities when the unit picks up an item and removes them when the item is lost.

Level 10

• testitem
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Orb of Frost
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Storm Bolt to (Triggering unit)
      • Player - Disable Storm Bolt for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
  • Null Talisman lose
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Storm Bolt from (Triggering unit)
try this :wink:

Level 19
  • testitem
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Storm Bolt to (Triggering unit)
      • Player - Disable Storm Bolt for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
  • Null Talisman lose
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Storm Bolt from (Triggering unit)
try this :wink:

please test things before you post them, the ability is disabled so it cannot be cast... only abilities on the command card may be casted via hotkey

Status
Not open for further replies.