• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item hotkeys - one works, one doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I am adding two new items to my Battle for Tatooine map. One is a Targeting Computer, and the other an Advanced Targeting Computer. I want both to have use the hotkey "T".

I made both items based on summoning items, and changed their summoning abilities to create "0" mechanical critters and ice revenants respectively. Both items trigger appropriately and work just fine when I manually left-click on the item. But the hotkey will only work for the Targeting Computer which is based on Mechanical critter item. The Adv. Targeting Computer doesn't work when I press "T".

I tried switching items and based it on the Claws + 20 (switched abilities, etc.). Again, left-clicking it makes it work, but hotkey is useless.

Is there a way to make the hotkey work?

EDIT: my mistake; the working item was based on the Circlet of Nobility, but has the mechanical critter summoning ability.

EDIT 2: damn, now the original Targeting Computer isn't working either. I'm pretty sure I never hallucinated it working...

Last edited:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

I'm pretty sure that the hotkey for items is always the numbers on the num-pad, with num lock on.

Status
Not open for further replies.