• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it possible to have item hotkeys with normal hotkeys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I wonder about if it's possible to add hotkeys to items?

My idea that I don't know if it will work is to make a full inventory hotkey able cast spells. This is how it maybe could work, but I'm not sure.

This is how my idea would work:
First of all, I would make 2 or 6 new abilities. With the abilities I would change the icon, effect (to none), cooldown group, hotkey (to wanted hotkey) and give it the wanted cooldown. Then would I go to triggers and add.

Events: I'm not sure what events I could use, but I hope something like this: A unit casts a spell.
One other option for hour hotkeys is if a player presses up, down, left or right buttom.

Conditions: The caster equal to a hero.
The spell equal to the non-effect (something like this, if it does exist)
Maybe a conditions wish makes the caster have a minium of the spells cost mana.
Action: Use the item in inventory slot 1 (or 2,3,4,5 or 6)
Maybe a mana cost action.

Level 13
Hmmm...

Maybe just use a spellbook for your extra abilities?

Just use the NumPad?

Tell people who play your map to download warkeys so they can set their inventory hotkeys to whatever they want?

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I guess it is possible use triggers to function like in Death Sheep map by blizzard and trigger it so that when player presses the key that is selected - Order unit to use item
However I am not sure if you can do it with spells that need a target.

Another way of doing this is that when unit picks up item that has the spell (does not really have spell) you add an ability to the unit that picked up the item, and as the unit drops the item (or the way you want) the ability will get removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.