• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Easy way to change all hotkeys to fit QWER grid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! This might not be the correct place to put this in. If it isn't please tell me what is. I usually play Warcraft 3 with QWERASDFZXCV hotkeys. Because hitting Q for workers is easier than hitting P. I can't really get into custom campaigns because everything has different hotkeys and the CustomKeys.txt does not apply to anything other than melee abilities. I know I can go into the Campaign Editor to fix them, but since I want to play the Campaign for the first time, I don't know where everything fits on the grid, or how many things I have to change. Is there a way for the editor to replace the hotkeys based on their Button Positon (X) and (Y)? Or is there a program that disables hotkeys and issues a mouse click on the top left button whenever you press Q? (Kinda how Warkey lets you assign hotkeys to inventory.)

Level 3
I think your best bet is to use a hotkey program to map your key binds the way you want them. Personally I like AutoHotkey (free, open source). You'd have to mess with your own script file to get it the exact way you want it (sounds intimidating but not actually hard). Example AHK script below for when you hit ctrl+G:

^G:: ;Drop right three wc3 items if your screen resolution is the same as mine - you might have to change it for your resolution
{
Click right 1200,900
Click 500,950
Click right 1200,950
Click 500,950
Click right 1200,1000
Click 500,950
Return
}

Example script for rebinding inventory hotkey:

XButton1::numpad8
XButton2::numpad7

Hope this helps.

Level 3
Happy to help out, I was gonna suggest non windowed and running it in administrator mode but it sounds like you got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.