• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hotkeys without changing button position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello there,

recently i was looking for some custom-hotkeys and found one where the buildings as well as the abilities are ordered in the raster format.
The problem i have is that i don't want the basic commands such as: "move, stop, patrol, halt" etc. to swap position with the abilities.
I want the button positions to appear just like default and only change the hotkeys for all the abilities and buildings to the raster format.
Does someone have a custom-hotkey file that basically only changes the hotkeys and not the button positions? As changing every single ability again is to much for me.

Regards.

Level 4
Can anyone share a raster custom hotkey file where the button positions (icons) are on default position and the abilities are on QWER?

Level 29
You might also check out this:
The definite Guide how to use Hotkeys in Warcraft 3

In addition to the "Customkeys.txt", you can use the custom keys for items using Autohotkey (AHK).
If you use AHK, simply install AHK, then place the AHK file to your game directory. Right-click on the AHK file, then select "Run Script".
If you want to modify button positions, you might want Keycraft (as that guy above posted) or Warkey.

Level 4
maybe this will help you
Thank you very much for the help! This looks very good, being able to edit the own hotkeys to ones liking.
However, when i downloaded the program Keycraft and tried to run it, somehow it wasn't able to find my Warcraft 3 folder even tho i directed it directly to the very folder it is installed in and also shown at by the battle.net app. When i select the Warcraft 3 folder and click "Ok" it simply redirects me to my PC folders and wants me to select the Warcraft 3 folder again. I don't know why that is. The maps and customkeys.txt is in another folder inside documents but the Warcraft 3 launcher and main folder is at programs(86), this is all by default.
I've red the read me file but found no solution for this. Any idea?

Level 4
Hmmm maybe is because of the war3 version, your map is made with ref?
I have the latest Warcraft 3 version and i am looking for raster keybindings for basically competitive melee matches. The peons building menu hotkey for example should be the default one, its "g" for the German language variant but then inside this building menu i want the buildings to be QWER ASDF YXCV but have the icon positions on the default position, unchanged. Same goes with hero abilitys as most heroes have 4 abilities having these abilities at QWER. I tried to download the Warkey program now as an alternative but unfortunately the free download expired.

Level 29
I have the latest Warcraft 3 version and i am looking for raster keybindings for basically competitive melee matches. The peons building menu hotkey for example should be the default one, its "g" for the German language variant but then inside this building menu i want the buildings to be QWER ASDF YXCV but have the icon positions on the default position, unchanged. Same goes with hero abilitys as most heroes have 4 abilities having these abilities at QWER. I tried to download the Warkey program now as an alternative but unfortunately the free download expired.
The Keycraft tool seems to be outdated on the latest version of Warcraft 3 due to the numerous technical changes made by Blizzard. Aside from the command button revampping (such as Necromancer's spells having Cripple as the first skill instead of Raise Dead and the Spirit Walker being moved to Tauren Totem), the "Customkeys.txt" file is now stored in the "CustomKeyBindings" under "Documents/Warcraft III" folder (see picture below). If you are going to use your custom keys, you can go to the link I provided above, download your Customkeys (QWEASZ/QWER/AZEQSW), place that file in "CustomKeyBindings" folder, then allow the game to use the custom keys.
If you want customkeys with quick-access item function, you better use Autohotkey app.

Edit: Judged out by your post above regarding why Keycraft couldn't find your Warcraft 3 folder, you must be using the Reforged WC3, which unfortunately only supports the Classic (non-Reforged WC3).

Attachments

• Warcraft 3 Documents Folder.jpg
    Warcraft 3 Documents Folder.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 36
Level 4
The Keycraft tool seems to be outdated on the latest version of Warcraft 3 due to the numerous technical changes made by Blizzard. Aside from the command button revampping (such as Necromancer's spells having Cripple as the first skill instead of Raise Dead and the Spirit Walker being moved to Tauren Totem), the "Customkeys.txt" file is now stored in the "CustomKeyBindings" under "Documents/Warcraft III" folder (see picture below). If you are going to use your custom keys, you can go to the link I provided above, download your Customkeys (QWEASZ/QWER/AZEQSW), place that file in "CustomKeyBindings" folder, then allow the game to use the custom keys.
If you want customkeys with quick-access item function, you better use Autohotkey app.

Edit: Judged out by your post above regarding why Keycraft couldn't find your Warcraft 3 folder, you must be using the Reforged WC3, which unfortunately only supports the Classic (non-Reforged WC3).
Thank you very much for your response.
1. The custom hotkey.txt's of that side change the button pos of the basic commands which i don't want.
2. I just use Warcraft 3 from Battle.net and play on classic graphics. I own reforged tho. Don't know you mean since i tried everything, even the documents/wc3/customkeybinds.
Keycraft is still reopening the window and wanting me to find the wc3 folder.
3. The item hotkeys is a whole different story as i mainly wanna get the raster going first. Raster for buildings and their training + QWER for hero abilities.
I guess i have to write my very own customkeys since this is getting to much of a deal. There is a good customkeys txt online but as said, it switched the basic commands with the hero abilities which is what i want to avoid.
Regards.

Level 2
Thank you very much for your response.
1. The custom hotkey.txt's of that side change the button pos of the basic commands which i don't want.
2. I just use Warcraft 3 from Battle.net and play on classic graphics. I own reforged tho. Don't know you mean since i tried everything, even the documents/wc3/customkeybinds.
Keycraft is still reopening the window and wanting me to find the wc3 folder.
3. The item hotkeys is a whole different story as i mainly wanna get the raster going first. Raster for buildings and their training + QWER for hero abilities.
I guess i have to write my very own customkeys since this is getting to much of a deal. There is a good customkeys txt online but as said, it switched the basic commands with the hero abilities which is what i want to avoid.
Regards.
I know this is an old thread but in case someone stumbles upon it through google because they have the same issue as OP like I did and it's driving them mad, I've come up with an easy fix:

Open your downloaded CustomKeys (with repositioned buttons) click "Edit" at the top and then select "Replace". Now simply type "Buttonpos" in the top "search" field and leave the bottom "replace" field blank. Finally, hit "Replace all" and there you go, all the postions are back to normal but custom hotkeys are working!

Status
Not open for further replies.