1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Role Playing Game] A Dwarf's Tale

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by sonofjay, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh right, its a WoW model. Forgot that. Didn't include other stuff I wanted to tell you, but spells could be also placed in the same manner as Weapons, where you have a Main Spell at your Mainhand and a Support/Secondary Spell at your Off-hand.

Another cool solution is to either level cap your hero at certain areas or increase the level of your creeps depending on your heroes level, so a dungeon you did at Level 1 would still be as hard as the dungeon you recently finished, at say, level 30.

Good to hear, its also nice that each monster would look unique as well.

The rock tile you used for the cliffs.

They really look dwarf-ish, since they were based on the architecture of a dwarven settlement in LOTR :D

Yeah, it was a suggestion though :p
    Good to see it that way :D

Argh for confidential stuff.
    I think everyone is tired of grinding nowadays. Good to see a change in WarCraft 3 RPG's.

2. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    A tale of a dwarf? Sonofjay, my new arch enemy! ;O

Eltor Longbeard sounds better than Torel. WarriorSoul Longbeard does sound better than SoulWarrior Longbeard.
    Btw, are you using wow imports? Also, I thought you said you quit modding altogether. ;P

The wolf kinda fits, somewhat, the mammoth, the rhino and the villagers does not though.

3. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Can't we become friends? I mean Dwarfs and Goblins are both small anyway. [​IMG]

Lets leave the name at is, I don't want to edit piles of text just for changing the Torel's name. [​IMG]3

Yeah I'm using some, about the second one I'm just working on this when I really have a free time, I can't mod like how I do before where I can just sit in-front of my laptop 24/7.

EDIT:

I'm terraining a new city atm its have a empire/medieval theme. Here are some early areas. I'm not gonna put a screenshot of the whole area until I finish it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  4. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    I fell that the walls are too low to make anyone fell protected a bit, especially the first one.

5. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Has I been so busy for not noting this thread??? DEFINITELY suscribing!!!!

Lookikng good as always

6. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Drunken, I believe the walls you're pointing out wasn't really the wall of the city, it just some kind of design on the cliff for the water line.

Anyway just to clear things up I'ma show some clear screenshots of the city wall and for you guys to look if the scale is right. But if you still insist that the city wall is kinda low I shall defend by stating that we're using Warcraft 3's default camera and if the walls are big then it will really be a problem.

Here are some editor and in-game screenshots.

Editor Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In-game Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm terraining this while using the in-game camera view just to make that the scale of the terrain is right.

@Moyack
    Thanks boss.

EDIT:

Those Sindar models made by Fin are called Argues on ADT's world, coming from the word Argutus that means Intelligent.

Just saving my time for the "LOTR FTW!" comment.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  7. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The new city looks awesome, but i'd like to see some fog! :)

8. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    With all these WOW models, you might as well make it in SC2.

9. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Editor there is a lot more complicated for a WarCraft 3 Modder.

The overall city looks nice, but for me the only problem is that the city doesn't look so alive. Its still a WIP, so just consider my suggestion :D