• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(8)Sea Hunter 2 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I released a beta map with a different gameplay system, called Sea Hunter 2. Don't be fooled by its file size. Like many bastards did and said this map has nothing and left without even playing.

How it works:
-Every player gets their own ship, with a starting weapon of torpedoes. Like those 2d shooters, there are powerups to make your ship freakishly powerful.
-The objective is to destroy the enemy's harbor.
-All projectiles only damage upon impact. That means you can get hurt by crossing the path of a projectile;there is no definite target.
-There are 3 different kinds of projectiles(missile, bulltet and phaser), each with their own property. For example, missiles and bullets blow up on impact, but phasers pierce through targets and could continue hitting other units.

-Special items can change your weapon's effectiveness, or add more strategy to the game. Ex: Force fields can destroy bullets and missiles, but phasers may penetrate through them. there are more items but I don't want to spoil the surprise.

-There are also wave of units every something minutes to add more action. Other plans are being made on how the waves come out.

Download map here:
http://maps.worldofwar.net/maps.php?id=9341
or
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=7092&sid=b017c9ecada3c1ad01a8535671f922f5

If you want to contribute, posts comments at where ever you got the map from.

Level 2
i dunno, just felt like it. The new experimental is also good,but can u make a trigger to move enemy ships if youre playing by yourself against comps?

Level 4
So. How's that homing missile and air strike. If there are no more bugs I'll release the final very soon.

Here's a fun idea: Tell everyone at precisely April 16, 2006 at 3:00pm pacific time to host this map--preferably at USwest. Maybe instead of seeing dota, we can see something else. Even if you can't host properly, just do it so we can fill the list with Sea Hunter.

About that computer AI thingy, I am not going to do it because it's too hard to make a good AI for the computer to play good.

Status
Not open for further replies.