• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 2: Defence of the Worldstone [Beta Name]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Diablo 2: Defence of the Worldstone [Beta Name]

Map Idea:
You have to fight as a team against all super unique monsters + prime evils from Diablo 2 wave by wave.

Info:

Classes?
You can fight as any class that you find from Diablo universe
example. paladin, barbarian, witch doctor and so on...
And I was intending to do like 3 of each classes with different skills like paladin would be like
Offencive Paladin, Defencive Paladin and Combat Paladin.

Shops
The shops will be placed bottom of the map, and there will be
normal weapons example. Broadsword and Long Sword.
Exceptional weapons example. Battle Sword,(excpetional from broadsword) Rune Sword. (Exceptional from Long Sword)
Elite Weapons example. Conquest Sword,(Elite from Broadsword) Cryptic Sword.(Elite from Long Sword)
And all kind of goods from Diablo

How The System Works:

First everyone will choose their classes then you have some time to go little $HOPPING. And then everyone will take their places and hold it as much as can. There are 3 different of directions where the demons will approach the worldstone. On the first wave there will be coming the 3 first ''Super Unique Monsters'' with their minions (First wave: Corpsefire, Bishibosh and Bonebreaker.
Second wave: Blood Raven, Coldcrow and Treehead Woodfist. and so on...)

You have to stop them from destroying the worldstone or you will die. ;O
There will be some $HOPPING time after 2 waves or more waves (haven't decided yet)

Uber Tristram Wave:
To activate uber tristram wave you have to beat ''The Countess'', ''The Summoner'' and ''Nihlatak'' and take their keys. And everyone of them has their dungeon to beat, so they will not be attacking you from the waves.

See The Map

Number 1: The place where you will be defending the worldstone.

Number 2: Tristram. (not uber one, save the cain from here and you can acces to some goods)

Number 3: The Countess's dungeon.

Number 4: The Summoner's dungeon.

Number 5: Nihlatak's dungeon.

Number 6: Wave 2 route/road whatever you want to call it.

Number 7: Wave 1 route/road whatever you want to call it.

Number 8: Wave 3 route/road whatever you want to call it.

Now gimmeh some suggestions and critism and give rating from 0 to 10!
+ The terrain is still uncomplete so dont whine about that :) im working on it and if theres someone that is good with terraining + placing all doodads do PM me
+ suggest some names too :)
+ As you can see there is much to be done like the classes i need big help with this map, but when i'v had few good critism etc. i will post this to the ''Project Recruiment'' section

Attachments

• Sieppaa.PNG
    Sieppaa.PNG
    2.8 MB · Views: 766
Last edited:
Level 6
I love this idea and looking forward to it mate.

Uh and some suggestions,
1. Make some kind of Super wave after you killed Baal. Like a resurrection of all 5 bosses in one wave giving their last try to destroy the world stone.
2. Make Tyrael and some more archangels come help you against them or just Tyrael. <=Awesome fight inc. :)

Name suggestions so far:
Tyrael's Last Stand (or just Tyrael's Stand)

Good luck matey :)
-Sinizi

Level 7
I love this idea and looking forward to it mate.

Uh and some suggestions,
1. Make some kind of Super wave after you killed Baal. Like a resurrection of all 5 bosses in one wave giving their last try to destroy the world stone.
2. Make Tyrael and some more archangels come help you against them or just Tyrael. <=Awesome fight inc. :)

Name suggestions so far:
Tyrael's Last Stand (or just Tyrael's Stand)

Good luck matey :)
-Sinizi

As you maybe be known already uber tristram includes all of the demon brothers diablo, baal and mephisto so thats the wave you call super wave

and i love the idea that the angels would come to help thanks for that

Level 19
Since when the Witch Doctor is invented in D2?

Why there's a special event for shopping? Why not put shops behind the Worldstone along with the fountains?

Why not use dungeons as an events, so there will only 1 chance to finish then and eventually open the Tristram wave?

I wish I could help you with terrain, but I'm busy these days and your concept pretty much fails.

Level 7
Since when the Witch Doctor is invented in D2?

Why there's a special event for shopping? Why not put shops behind the Worldstone along with the fountains?

Why not use dungeons as an events, so there will only 1 chance to finish then and eventually open the Tristram wave?

I wish I could help you with terrain, but I'm busy these days and your concept pretty much fails.

The game is just named for diablo 2 because there is the worldstone and baal etc. but like i wrote to the first post that the classes will be taken from diablo universe and witch doc is from diablo universe

the shops are behind the worldstone and i havent yet decided will i use event for shopping or not

well i was thinking of after the baal is finished the dungeons would open, so they are like special events because if the baal isn't killed the dungeons wont open

''concept pretty much fails'' :( well i asked critism

Level 2
I would translate the ''concept pretty much fails'' like this:
Due to rising standards in the map design the oldschool tower/teamdefense maplayout isn't going to excite anyone (did it ever?). Therefor I suggest to pass up those straight lines and go for the more "natural" look (avoiding blizz cliffs, spamming doodads and the like).
And even thinking about a different tileset might be good. It might be just me but me dislikes that tileset, it just doesn't look ... well missing words in english ^^ ... maybe mature? dark? enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.