• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

5830 Overclock gone wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
So i have overclocked my 5830 a while back, but it messed up my right screen a bit and it was pretty annoying looking at a weird bar black acting like a scanner that goes from the top to the bottom distorting the screen... So i put it back on default, but i guess this isn't covered by the warranty...

My question is actually, have i caused that? Or was it a fault in the card itself, because well i can hardly sent it back and tell them i've overclocked it and something is wrong now...

(I think it's still pretty quik btw so i don't really suffer any performance form it or anything but when i would like to sell it sometime it might be good to know this sort of thing)

Level 15
And be afraid of GPU overclocks, I only put mine at 25 mhz core and 50 mhz memory over stock speeds. GPU's don't deal with heat as well.

My CPU on the other hand I took from 2.7 to 3.3 without increasing the core voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.