• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

2P Campaign: Undead 01

Undead Campaign: Path of the Damned
Chapter 1: Trudging through the Ashes

"The Lich King's plague of undeath has spread through the Capital City and into the outskirts of Lordaeron. Shocked and disheartened by the loss of their beloved king, the forces of Lordaeron were scattered by the ravenous undead warriors. Now, Lordaeron is but a shadow of its former glory - and Prince Arthas has yet to be seen..."

Version: 2.03
Extra Score: Avoid Detection from Guards

Level Description: Arthas has returned to Lordaeron. After ressurecting his steed 'Invincible' at Balnir Farmstead, he is approached by Tichondrius a Dreadlord. He sets Arthas on the task of gathering the Cult of the Damned.

Changelog:
Version 1.0 - First release.
Version 1.1 - Using recent melee patch. Fixed a bug in the save system.
Version 1.2 - Fixed a possible disconnection bug.
Version 1.3 - Revised score system.
Version 1.4 - Fixed Runebreak tooltip bug.
Version 1.5 - Death Pact can be used on allies.
Version 1.6 - Mass code update. Fixed a bug with Captain AI.
Version 1.7 - Spell tooltip typo fixed.
Version 2.00 - Mass update for all maps: [link]
Version 2.01 - Insane/Normal Load Bug Fix.
Version 2.02 - Fixed desync due to camera panning thanks to @Daffa the Mage.
Version 2.03 - Removed tech requirements for Falric's spells caused by newer patches.

11.02.2020 - Added a 1.26 compatible version to the bundle.
General Changes:
- Features Undead Captain Falric
- Few changes, making it possible to achieve 100%

Insane Mode:
- Upgraded Creeps
- Upgraded Guards
- Upgraded Captain Boss
- 1 Extra Guard Spot
- Villagers slightly faster
- Find All 25 Acolytes

##============================================##

If you wish to report a bug, reply with feedback, or find out more about the project, please visit the Hosted Forums.

Keywords:
2, player, campaign, undead, scourge, path, damned, arthas
Contents

2P Campaign: Undead 01 (Map)

2P Campaign: Undead 01 (Map)

Reviews
20:32, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
@Kobos I'll check out the heroes description
And I think I can only add things to a pack if they are all approved, but I'd like to get all the bugs and balances sorted before I pack them.

@Kabuto_Y, No, screenshots, ie. of the scorescreen, could VERY easily be modified.
You must submit a replay.

Level 5
i think player 2 disconnects when you get up to the shade. i've tried to 2 times now as player 2 with my friend and i DC whenever we get up to the shade past the river.

Level 5
TheSpoon, I'd like to know something.

If I was to make so many maps, I'd quit on the second one. It just becomes boring for me.. too boring. I spend too much time on little details, ending up with a half-made map and a full-time boredom :sad:
Don't you get bored? Don't you get tired of making maps? Where do you get all the motivation from? What inspires you to make, AND finish the maps ? If I had such motivation, I'd be uploading a map worthy of 5 thumbs up every frigging day! (.. I think xD )

I have not played any of your maps because I do not have a buddy to play them with :sad: Therefore - I cannot say anything about them, sorry :)

Level 18
I believe the challenge is impossible. We opened the map to check what the bonuses are and it says that Bandit04 and BanditCaptain should drop a Potion of Healing and a Spider Ring, but they don't.
You also have to kill the FinalCaptain, but you can only do that if you alert the guards, which you also can't do.

EDIT: We figured out how to kill the Captain, but we are still clueless as to why the two Bandits don't drop their items.

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
...Well I'm glad someone has taken an interest in the challenge xD

I believe I've fixed the bugs with the bandits and their items

Also I forgot to mention, there are a few guards you don't need to worry about activating;
That is the guards that attack you upon destroying the gate, and the guards that protect the group of acolytes.

Level 18
Yeah, we know that there might be no other participants besides us, but we don't want to take any chances.
I'll send you the replay later then, I don't want to show the others how to get through the map without alerting anyone. :D We had a tough time figuring it out ourselves.

Level 18
I've found a few bugs and glitches concerning Falric.
  • His passive (Runebreak) affects magic immune units, like the Rock Golem in Chapter 1.
    Though it's a cool skill and we love it, it's still a magical attack and should not effect those who are immune to magic.
  • His passive (Runebreak) does not mention it has only half the chance of hitting heroes in its learn tooltip. It shouldn't be too much of a problem to add that single line.
  • A - is missing from after Level 2 in each one of Falric's spell learn tooltips.
    For example:
    Learn Runebreak
    Description
    Level 1 - 30% chance, 3 armor
    Level 2 40% chance, 4 armor
    Level 3 - 50% chance, 5 armor

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Thanks for noticing and reporting the bugs.

His passive affecting magic immune units, yes..
Two things;
- I'm wondering if I should try to disable it, other passive abilies like bash, critical strike, purge; I think they will work on golems. So ermm.. yeah
- I don't think I would be able to if I wanted to xP; and its not a massive bug.

Second point; maybe.. usually it is expected that spells are to have a lower effect/duration on heroes, but this is a lower chance.. so maybe I should.

Third point; completely right, I better fix that.

Level 6
GL with all your upcoming 2P campaigns! I have to say, 2P is the best impliment so far for Blizzard's campaigns. Love your Human campaign as well x)

Level 28

Important notes:

• This map is multiplayer, so although it is a campaign: it cannot be edited in the campaign editor, it just doesn't work that way.
  • All (or most) packs consist out of already approved resources, this is so the resources can be both downloaded piece per piece and as a whole.
  • The series is not finished yet.

There, that should clear up most questions.
The-spoon: nice job! I've finished the human campaign with a friend and hope to play this too, once it's finished.
Please turn it into a pack once you've finished the series ^^

~Approved (all of them).

Level 2
Hey, to fix the shade problem, at the start, you need to immediately run across the river with either hero. Once you get the shade, you won't encounter the problem anymore.

The problem with the shade exist because of Blizzard mistakes in using the 'forbidden function' of SmartCameraPanBJ which is detailed here
I inspected the code of the map and as @far336 mentioned, the solution to avoid this mess is to rush the shade event BEFORE all other dialogues that occurs prior to that event finishes (there are 2 or 3 acolytes before the river, so grab them and before all their dialogues end, rush the river).
@Gismo359 @McQvaBlood @TheSpoon might want to look into this mess. Shade01 Intro Tripwire is the problematic trigger, the If Then Else line.

Level 2
Hi, I have a problem, I just finished the human campaign with a friend and all go well but now when I decided play this campaign I can't see it, I try with the 1.26 versions and the normal of the map but nothing, I can open it with the world editor and with the auto generated test map play the map but when the cutscene initial finish Arthas and the captain don't spawn, just let a shadow instead. Someone know what can I do? I'm playing with the path 1.27b

Level 28
Hi, I have a problem, I just finished the human campaign with a friend and all go well but now when I decided play this campaign I can't see it, I try with the 1.26 versions and the normal of the map but nothing, I can open it with the world editor and with the auto generated test map play the map but when the cutscene initial finish Arthas and the captain don't spawn, just let a shadow instead. Someone know what can I do? I'm playing with the path 1.27b
Might be related to the different versions of WC3 problem. There are two maps. If you use 1.27b, then you should choose the second one.

Level 2
Might be related to the different versions of WC3 problem. There are two maps. If you use 1.27b, then you should choose the second one.
I tried it, the both version, but when I tried to host the map only show the part 6 and 7.

I download the map without the pack just to check if the map data was corrupted when I downloaded the first time than I did it but as before, nothing :/

Level 2
It might have to do with the path. Try to shorten the amount of folders and the names of the files. WC3 sometimes doesn't recognize maps with a filepath that is too long.
I did it my 2p campaign maps are in maps/frozenthrone/camp/2PU

All maps have their folders

2PH (humans) 2PU (undead) 2PO(Orcs)

And I can see all the orcs and nightelfs maps normally, so I don't know what I did bad.

Level 2
I tried it but nothing, I can see all the others campaign, all human, orc, nightelfs, just I can't see the undead campaign, except the part 6 and 7, I don't know why.