• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mekkatorque (Suit)

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
I've seen Varian, Garrosh, Velen, and Greymane posted, and of course base game already has Malfurion, Tyrande, Sylvanas, Thrall, Vol'Jin, Muradin etc.

But I've never seen mekkatorque. Why tho? I think he's such a cool but light hearted racial leader. I've been looking for a model for him but I've grown tired of waiting so I decided to try and make one myself.

This pack would include 4 Models:
1 the default melee model
2 the alternate ranged model
3 a hook model made specifically for those who can code a spell for the melee mode's hook spell animation
4 portrait

I've included morph animations as well as new attack and spell animations for the models. I've tested this in TFT and Model Editor as well as Mldvis. If you find any bugs, please tell me.
Anyway, Cheers!

Update: Scaled down the poly count from around 4900 to around 2200. Sorry guys but I can't scale it down further without it looking drastically different. I flattened the screws but I had to make a new texture for it. Cheers!
Contents

Mekkatorque Hook hand (Missile) (Model)

Mekkatorque Melee (Model)

Mekkatorque Portrait (Model)

Mekkatorque Ranged (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Please add proper event objects and collision shapes to all variations of the models. I suggest you to add a bigger spherical at the centre of the model and a smaller one in the middle of the head. For event objects you might want to look at how it...
Level 15
While model as model is really amazing, textures needs a bit more work. He looks somehow... not sharp enough?

Level 13
The only problem I have with this is matching a good sound file to the portrait.
I agree with the others, visually the textures are a bit too ... grey? I mean, it could use some shiny steel bits or brass parts. Grey is good in a mixture.

Level 50
While I find this very useful and nicely made, I have to agree with the General Frank about polygons and about the wrapping. You easily cut some poly count by wielding some vertices on his legs and arms. You don't need a circle made shape for the warcraft. Lust look at some other mechanic models in game and you will see how can you reduce vertices.
The animations fit very well and are nice. You really improved from what I saw earlier from you. Keep it up, just try to fix things I just talked about. It's up to you.

Level 10
+4500 polygons is overkill and way too much. Even 1000 would suffice.
Also the wrapping is pretty bland.
While I find this very useful and nicely made, I have to agree with the General Frank about polygons and about the wrapping. You easily cut some poly count by wielding some vertices on his legs and arms. You don't need a circle made shape for the warcraft. Lust look at some other mechanic models in game and you will see how can you reduce vertices.
The animations fit very well and are nice. You really improved from what I saw earlier from you. Keep it up, just try to fix things I just talked about. It's up to you.

Hmm yeah I'm obsessed with making proper circles with models. I dunno, it just doesn't feel right with me when making it, especially when from scratch. The legs tho I had to make it like that since I wanted it to have a curvature like in the WoW model; Arms however, I just got lazy and copied what I used to make the legs so I guess I can cut some polygons there. Also found out I have some vertices hidden so didn't need to be there so I deleted those as well. and from all those I was just able to shave off around 1k polygons :/ I'll keep trying tho and update when I get it to around 3000.

For textures, I'm assuming everyone is refering to the blandness of the UV wrapping for the arms and legs? Because if it is, I've made changes on those parts (so they have some scorch marks and some rivets). If it's because it's all grey, then I'm not really gonna do anything about that since the source material is pretty much all grey and gold. However, I'm only gonna upload it when I've reached the 3000 polygon count or less I'm aiming for.

Level 13
I've made changes on those parts (so they have some scorch marks and some rivets)
Yes, this is exactly what I meant. That would make it look a lot cooler and metallic, rather than something made out of plastic.
On the side, would it be possible to get a model version of this without a hero glow when you are finished? I have uses for a gnome in a mech.

Level 18
If I used an ingame texture then I'm gonna rely again on using polygon work to get the screws' appearance right and the polygon count would skyrocket again.

yes , but u forgot this 73 kb textures . u saved polygons but add a texture seems not to be smaller and necessary .
try to use some alpha textures in game . that will save both polys and textures .

Level 10
yes , but u forgot this 73 kb textures . u saved polygons but add a texture seems not to be smaller and necessary .
try to use some alpha textures in game . that will save both polys and textures .
I found no texture like that, but tbf the texture is 256x256. I'll update it with a 64x64 or 32x32 texture later then. Besides both ranged and melee modes use the texture so it's just 1 for 2 models. Also this model is intended to be a hero model i.e. only 1 or 2 is expected to be in a game.

Level 18
I found no texture like that, but tbf the texture is 256x256. I'll update it with a 64x64 or 32x32 texture later then. Besides both ranged and melee modes use the texture so it's just 1 for 2 models. Also this model is intended to be a hero model i.e. only 1 or 2 is expected to be in a game.
i love the previous version and my opinion is same as u : Also this model is intended to be a hero model i.e. only more 1000 polys is expected to be in a game.
maybe we should save polygons at 2007 , but it seems to be not important for a hero after 10 years .

Level 13
The file size is negligible due to the uniqueness of the model. This looks a lot better than the previous grey-scale, especially with that bolt pattern.
I am also still wondering, is it possible to get a version of this without hero glow?