• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNSylvanusRedRunner

So I noticed there weren't that many icons that would fit a Blood Elf Ranger so I'll try submitting this one. I don't think it'll get approved but what the heck.

Keywords:
Blood Elf, Elf Ranger, Archer, Red, Sylvanas, Windrunner, Elf, High Elf
Contents

BTNSylvanusRedRunner (Icon)

Reviews
14:01, 20th Jun 2013 enjoy: A recolor of this icon is in my opinion not needed. But seeing that this icon already has 10 downloads, I will allow it, and transfer it to the blizzard entertainment user.

M

14:01, 20th Jun 2013
enjoy: A recolor of this icon is in my opinion not needed. But seeing that this icon already has 10 downloads, I will allow it, and transfer it to the blizzard entertainment user.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Recolors are not allowed. Work must be mostly freehand. I am not sure if moderators will even put this in Blizzard user profile since basically everyone with any photoshop skill can do it.

Sorry if I sound offensive, I am just stating stuff that you should already know by reading the site rules.

Try reading some icon making tutorials here and make something freehand. Good luck! =)

Recolor? Should i read rules, if i gonna upload an icon? Why you ignore this question?
Honestly, there's no reason to be too harsh on newcomers who upload recoloured original Blizzard Entertainment icons.
I have always understood why newcomers haven't read the full submission rules set of the respective sections, because they are (still!) hidden in their forums...
For example, the rule concerning recolours, which can be read in the Submission Form, is incomplete and phrased inprecisely.
What exactly are those "certain purposes" ? What exactly does "author created" mean (it's pretty simple when you know it, but people with lacking English skills will have a hard time grasping its meaning the first time they read it) ?

The updated Submission Rules, which are present in the forums, are up-to-date and phrased as efficiently as possible. Them being hidden like this is a malady we have to live with for the time being.

Now, this can be acceptable as a recolour of an original Blizzard Entertainment icon, as can be read here.
However, there's the issue of "usefulness".

I am not sure if moderators will even put this in Blizzard user profile since basically everyone with any photoshop skill can do it.
This would apply to any other recolour, but does not concern recolours of Blizzard Entertainment icons.
Yes, anybody with a very limited understanding of how to work with GIMP and the like can do this, but the category "usefulness" exists for a reason in these cases.
It's up to enjoy to decide whether this submission satisfies the necessary requirements.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
The updated Submission Rules, which are present in the forums, are up-to-date and phrased as efficiently as possible. Them being hidden like this is a malady we have to live with for the time being.
Wait, what? For what good reason could that possibly be so?

I3lackDeath said:
Yes, anybody with a very limited understanding of how to work with GIMP and the like can do this, but the category "usefulness" exists for a reason in these cases.
I was about to say (to an above comment) that Photoshop happens to be a pretty expensive program 'round here, so while it's "easy", it's not available to the common user.
GIMP, though, is free IIRC, so good point.

I think it's certainly useful though simple. If it was part of a package-deal with a Blood Elven Ranger model, might make more sense, though.

Last edited:
Wait, what? For what good reason could that possibly be so?
You miss a bracket in your post there (the
tags).

I don't understand what your question means.
Do you mean:
Why we have to live with this malady (the rules being in their respective forums, ergo not as obvious as they should be) for the time being?​

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
You miss a bracket in your post there (the [quote] tags).

I don't understand what your question means.
Do you mean:
Why we have to live with this malady (the rules being in their respective forums, ergo not as obvious as they should be) for the time being?​
Good catch (that usually happens as I tend to hand-write my "quote" tags).

Alright, sorry. That was cloudy and fraudulent syntax at it's best. Basically, "why are things that way?" I can understand having sensitive information (like Pastebin's) being kept from the general public (or even the general user-base), but why in the world do we have the Rules (for submission) hidden in any way, shape, or form? Why is that not open for all to view?

Last edited by a moderator:

Roland

R

Roland

Simple yet it's really not allowed on this Site, I wait this resources to be REJECTED.