• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Orb Of Infinity Book 1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
For years the residents of Azeroth have believed that one day a mysterious artifact, called the Orb of Infinity shall rain from the sky into their world! It is believed to grant an immense amount of power to its bearer! The humans have sent their men to wait for it's arrival! After a long time of waiting the legend becomes a reality and the powerful orb crashes into the very pyramid the legend said it would!
Now comes an epic battle that many have foreseen! A battle to end all battles!A battle for...

The Orb of Infinity!

All of the resources are the ones already given in the Warcraft 3 World Editor.

This is a medieval-type campaign which mostly revolves around the player controlling 1 unit and trying to finish your goals with the help of AI controlled players. However in 1 mission you do get to build a base.

ff864cc811072173af310e4ba163f0d3_70602.png

91f6d1685903206570a804c17f78b5be_70603.png

d4124c05a51fcf66b1ef688a11d52629_70604.png

d18a99e3146e07c278955b1f6215e613_70605.png

5da03512372274507fd2de0e65b0e1c6_70606.png

c9c1334a24876e5c4b3dbb9088c60211_70601.png

25cd797e0f45b07d8cf18010ada5fe8e_70600.png

8c111c7dd658092f202037a84e00885b_70599.png

999860b9bac05d6758cfc42f1925c861_70598.png

25db6cd056b3f1ddde0d0f104627a865_70597.png

CHANGELOG:
0.1 Uploaded the campaign
0.2 Improved Terrain
0.3 Made cinematics skipable
0.4 Made Units 'talk' longer so everyone can read the text before it goes away
0.5 Made it impossible to damage allies by attacking them
0.6 Changed description and added changelog
0.7 Added screenshots
0.8 Fixed a bug with Cloak of Flames harming neutral units and killing the Unknown Man in the final chapter
Contents

The Orb Of Infinity Book 1 (Campaign)

Reviews
21:52, 3rd Jul 2013 Orcnet: review
Level 20
I tested the first chapter and the second one, I'll give you a short review about it. First of all, the first chapter's terrain looks plain dead. Also, instead of renaming the footmen, 'Footman 1' and 'Footman 2', give them a creative name like Tom (This name is familiar heh...) and George (Or whatever comes in your mind).

About the Chapter 2, why don't you make the captain a hero? I mean, make him based off on the Paladin hero, then change its stats. The question mark on the units' heads is somewhat, oversized, use this instead Objects\RandomObject\RandomObject.mdl.

I still haven't completed the whole mission, will give you some details when i finish it.

Level 6
This is supposed to be ancient wc3 lore or just phony stuff? If yes, then Im downloading it! Nvm I saw that this have pyramids.
The things you should fix:
- Cinematic conversations is like FAST! That mysterious dud in campaign 2 for example has 4 lines of blablblabla. When i finish reading line 2 or 3 of those 4 lines(I think), the text is gone! I dont know if you are some dud who reads as fast as automatic weapons are shooting. We, the foreigners, CANT read that fast!
- Do you know what mainly made cinematic 1 dull? It was the soooooooooooo boring lookin terrain. Leme give you a tip in here. You DONT have to decorate the WHOLE MAP, just decorate ONLY the visible areas. This is a way on which you wont waste work. Or use blizz maps atleast, I dont mind it. Just PLEASE, dont do that to my eyes anymore!
- Globally all terrains were even worse then a melee map! Terrain in a campaign is a MUST.
- On campaign 2, I sold my quest items. WOWZ xd! I was unable to complete my quest.
- On campaign2, I was completely CONFUSED which of "der footmans" needed the sword. I had to patrol around every of them to remind my self who was him. You have 2 options of fixing this. The first one is wc3camp-like marks over their heads. The second one is to re-colorize them, or change their name.
- The cinematics are UNINTERUPTABLE!

I could say 1 good thing for sure:
- your campaign at least was worked on the cinematic camera, music etc. Pretty good for a first try! I had troubles when I tried my own test cinematic.

... No idea if you have played your campaigns, but if you think this is a finished work,... then dont count me in trying your next campaign! Sorry, but I reached up to campaign 4, and it was HARD for me! And no, not the the difficulty. It was the unfinished state. I felt like watching those low budget fantasy movies which lack computer animations, which I turn off after 10-20 min of watching. xd
Dont take it too harsh or personal, be happy that people tryed your campaign and even commented of what it is like. Also if you ask me ... making all this stuff alone isnt a good idea.

Last edited:
Level 6
Ok guys I will try to fix all of this!What I will do is:
1.Make the terrain better
2.Give names to Footman 1 and 2 and the Footman that gives you a quest
3.Increase how long units say something so everyone can read(this will be boring :p)
4.Make the cinematics skippable if I find out how

and whatever else I can think of

What I will NOT do:
1.Turn the Captain into a hero because Captains are units not heroes...let's be real here...
2.Make it impossible to sell quest items because seriously that's your mistake...

Sorry if I haven't taken some of your suggestions!I am really looking forward to making this a set of awesome campaigns so I hope the next version of this campaign will be like it should :D!

Level 6
The point isnt that Im that dumb to sell the quest item. I just sold it for the lolz! xd What I mean is that, it gives a bad impression for the campaign. If you listen to the suggestions I gave you, then your map will give better impression to people. The captain should be a hero ATLEAST for the mission. Hero units are more fun to the players... You gota understand those stuff if you wana draw more attention to your maps.

Level 6
Just to give you an update I have improved the terrain and am now working on making the cinematics skippable!Once I finish that I will start increasing the length of how long everyone talks!Once I finish THAT I will update the download!I might be done in a couple of days or so because I'm kinda bussy!Can't wait to get it done!

Level 6
I finished making the cinematics skipable :3!Now time for the boring part...making the units talk longer!!!I might need your help on this guys!Which transitions should I make longer and how much?If no one responds to this I''ll just try myself :/!

Level 6
Much better! just add some tree and maybe something more. Also if you want, you could make the terrain not look so flat. It makes me think that the world is flat! xd

Now for the next unimportant flaws I had but didnt want to mention last time, seems you can fix now. Some players could get bored or whatever and start killing not what they should. I killed bor and steve. I got the gunpowder and returned it to bor... hes corpse thanked me! xd There are 2 solutions I could suggest you here. The first is the simple one - to make special units who take part for such quests to be invulnariable. The second thing is to make a trigger who defeats the player for being so treachery and kills special units or player owned units.

Well... Mainly you could focus on terrain now more then finishing the project in bad look. Least thats what I could tell you. You can also use template maps in the forum and re-size/change them in the way you like. This way you will speed up the work to the actual campaign with out the need to make nice looking maps! Dont forget to give the author a credit!

Level 6
Thank you it really means a lot!I will make the player unable to attack allied units! :)

Edit: OK so I made it impossible to hurt an allied unit!If anyone has any suggestions be sure to tell me and I might add them to the campaign!BTW I will probably start working on The Orb of Infinity Book 2 in a couple of weeks or so because of school :p!

Last edited:
Level 6
I'm sorry about the screenshots. I'm currently trying to fix that. I updated the campaign because there was a bug with Cloak of Flames killing the Unknown Man in the final chapter. That was NOT supposed to happen. Anyway, I'm also starting work on Orb of Infinity 2!

Level 6
I did try print screening and pasting to paint. But when I put them in the album they become smaller. I don't know why. Currently they are PNG files. Should I change them to JPG? Do you think it will make a difference?

Level 30
I'm deeply sorry if you waited for too long to get this map moderated but sadly this campaign is a bit off from approval, much of the story base has an esc trigger which is useful when it comes to cinematics but unfortunately some of your camera views are going upside down while some units don't look to each other while they talk, there are other scenes where the viewed subject has already left the camera view of the 'viewer'

Now game-wise. everything is too simple yet too impossible. Every mission I only rely on 1 unit that doesn't even have enough additives to boost it in higher ranges, ex. the captain in mission 1 is a total wreck ball you keep relying on your own self damage while your enemies get 10/1 of advantage from you, same goes to the Eldrin which has no army, just him and a useless pile of AI allied units just standing there scattered.

Maybe you need 'more' time to improve English grammar on those dialogues, a proper way of triggering each events in-game, and lastly a satisfying view of terrain and a different approach of game play.