• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

22% download stuck on 1.2c(16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi folks, my crew and I have been playing gaias and has been great fun. We play from the MakeMeHost, using 1.2c(10). Saw the post for the new version (16) and that the map extension was no longer needed. So we all downloaded 16, but now when we host a game via battlenet or gameranger the players joining are stuck saying they are downloading the map at 22%. No matter how long you wait the percentage doesn't change.

Any suggestions?
thanks

Level 1
We all downloaded from hive, and put it in the wc3/maps/download. Just when we go to join a game that we host it says 22% right away (as if we were downloading it from the host) and stays there constantly.

Level 3
I just tried playing it LAN, with version 1.27.0.52240, and with both players having the wc3 map (in the exact same place in the wc3 directory, if that's relevant).
Instead of just basically skipping to 100%, because both players already have the map, it also stopped at 22%. This was for GR v1.12C(17). It never happened for any 1.12A map (never tried with a 1.12B map).
Does this only happen for LAN, and if so, is there any incentive to fix it?
If yes, what kind of information would I have to provide to figure out what causes the problem?

Level 3
Use version switcher for a downgrade to a previous version. Just do what most people did prior to 1.27b. Unless you hate dealing with the bugs that this latest version fixed.

At the moment...

If:

Gaming Mode 1: "via Virtual LAN or LAN" >>> switch to pre-1.27b version + (bypass...etc.)

else:

Gaming Mode 2: "via official BNET [1.27b]" >>> no known fixed yet for LAN stucked download, rather just follow the advice to connect to BOTS such as "GaiasGold" similar to the post above of the mapmaker, Zwiebelchen.

Gaming Mode 3: via pvpgn such as EUROBATTLE [still (1.27a) 'till next jan2017 iirc]

Gaming Mode 4: Use GhostOne (GUI version of GHost Bot Program) - you may use it to play "No Internet LAN setup" or lan parties.

[*edit*] lan game option w/o connection from the web.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.