1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Strange bug playing with friends: "download" stuck on 31

Discussion in 'Bug Report Forum' started by Jumbo, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello friends.

I have encountered a weird bug which I cannot seem to fix; My friends and I have been trying to play Gaias in LAN and even with all players having the map everyone, including the host, will appear to "download" the map in the lobby. This process then gets stuck on 31% for everyone. Only had this problem with Gaias, not with any other map.

2. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    Has everyone tried to host the map?

sometimes it is due to the computer hosting.

Also when you say everyone has the map, do you mean the map is in download? Warcraft only recognises the lan maps that are in downloads as being present on the other players computer

3. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, everyone has tried that.

4. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    rename rename the map.

that works sometimes

5. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, I tried to download the extra ent update of version (18) which is called "a". Perhaps it works we'll see...

EDIT: didn't work... still stuck on infinite downloading in game ( even when everyone has the map). I have never encountered this bug in Gaias since first version in 2009.. : ( maybe it's cause of the WIFI of the school I play at now.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  6. Ira

Ira

Resources:
    Resources:
    you should update wc3 to the newest version and uninstall the mapsize bypass.

7. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm maybe I have map bypass installed still on my laptop.. good idea Ira - will check.

8. WINbyTEAMWORK

WINbyTEAMWORK

Resources:
    Resources:
    *edit* Suggested old but working LAN gameplay setup: You and your LAN friends must all downgrade to 1.27a WC3 version (you may use 1.27a offline patch on bnet to not autopatch to 1.27b), and also place 8MB bypass on WC3 folder

For the Host, make sure to have "fixsizelimit" with "GameDll_fix_mapsize_limitV6.mix" is on WC3 folder
    Those who'll be joining the Host, must instead have "forcefixsizelimit" with "GameDll_fix_mapsize_limitV6.mix" on WC3 folder

Also delete fixsizelimit.dll or forcefixsizelimit.dll to avoid conflict with the similar files mentioned.

I'm SteveHarvey-ly Sorry I believed someone who told me fixsizelimit and forcefixsizelimit still works fine if both are placed together with GameDll_fix_mapsize_limitV6.mix

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  9. khoredon

khoredon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi everybody, same issue here, I tried to host my v(18) game but everyone was stuck at 31% or 21%. Everybody updated his WC3 to the last patch in order to keep using eurobattle.net. We did not install map-extension crack since with the new patch it should be no longer necessary. Downgrading id unfortunately not viable for us. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

10. Reyon123

Reyon123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey together,

the bug still persists. My friends and I are trying to play this map with the Warcraft 3 Patch 1.27a (incl. mapsize fix) and the problem occurs there aswell.
    I'm not sure whether it is the actual download or the checking of the map which get stuck at 31. In my theory its the checking of the map, because the 31% occours directly after a player joins.

We also tested older versions of gaias rpg and found out that the last running version is 1.2B(16). This is the first version where the checking of the map does not get stuck. All later versions seem to have this issue.

Any further suggestions, hints or things we should test?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  11. WINbyTEAMWORK

WINbyTEAMWORK

Resources:
    Resources:
    Had possible similar scenario that one of the 6 players in the game lobby tried to seemingly troll and make his fixsizelimit a forcefixsizelimit instead (or the other way around) --- this would even sometime affect (made the user DC or suck error) those who have a right bypass files all the while the real perpetrator displays no malicious hint (he has Complete/Downloaded Status on lobby instead of stuck at partial number). You may try to let them join you one at a time (considering you have the right config, you'll only have to check the single person joining). Let the rest of the gang join if all are checked (hopefully wont delete or change the file again). Less risk on Hostbots since dont need the patch on host side (dedicated server-side) plus gproxy allows reconnects on sudden disconnects (180+ secs of DCs are not protected.

12. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Had the same bug when I tried to play it on LAN with some friends, solved it by downloading this file:
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/lanfix-zip.273386/ extract into your Warcraft 3 Folder.

Got the file from Speedy in the comment section of Gaias.

13. Reyon123

Reyon123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey together,

thanks for the the help. My friends and i "solved" the issue by letting a bot host the map on battle net instead of hosting the game manually.
    It seems like in bot hosted scenarios this bug does not occour at all. The good thing is, that we can now play with the latest warcraft 3 version on the official battle net.

For those where a host bot is no soltion: You should try lanfix and post your result here.

14. Arcion Loranius

Arcion Loranius

Resources:
    Resources:
    Also the Lan-fix didnt work for my brother basically it goes all the way to 100% of map finished DL and then it just Resets back up the line and it stops him at 10% and it suddenly says im at 10% aswell, Me and him want to play NCD 6.9 but even when he dl's the map from website it still wants him to refresh dl when were in lan

15. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    To make sure he followed the steps correctly:
    Did he extract the .dll from the .zip file and put it in the Warcraft 3 folder?

So he didn't just put the .zip file in the Warcraft 3 folder.

16. Arcion Loranius

Arcion Loranius

Resources:
    Resources:
    does it need both the Dll and the mapsize limit? or just the Dll

17. Ponkapa

Ponkapa

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just started trying to play today with a friend, getting the same issue under same circumstances.

Going to try lanfix, will post results. Anyone else have this issue?

18. 0rd3r

0rd3r

Resources:
    Resources:
    we had the same issue as well.
    solved it by using a HomeGroup (Windows). Shared everything, even documents.

19. Josh The Jaunty

Josh The Jaunty

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey I'm having this issue aswell, what were your results?

20. Josh The Jaunty

Josh The Jaunty

Resources:
    Resources:
    should it be extracted to both wc3 folders in programs(86) and documents?