• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Strange bug playing with friends: "download" stuck on 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Hello friends.

I have encountered a weird bug which I cannot seem to fix; My friends and I have been trying to play Gaias in LAN and even with all players having the map everyone, including the host, will appear to "download" the map in the lobby. This process then gets stuck on 31% for everyone. Only had this problem with Gaias, not with any other map.

Level 19
Hello friends.

I have encountered a weird bug which I cannot seem to fix; My friends and I have been trying to play Gaias in LAN and even with all players having the map everyone, including the host, will appear to "download" the map in the lobby. This process then gets stuck on 31% for everyone. Only had this problem with Gaias, not with any other map.
Has everyone tried to host the map?

sometimes it is due to the computer hosting.

Also when you say everyone has the map, do you mean the map is in download? Warcraft only recognises the lan maps that are in downloads as being present on the other players computer

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Thanks, I tried to download the extra ent update of version (18) which is called "a". Perhaps it works we'll see...

EDIT: didn't work... still stuck on infinite downloading in game ( even when everyone has the map). I have never encountered this bug in Gaias since first version in 2009.. : ( maybe it's cause of the WIFI of the school I play at now.

Last edited:

Ira

Ira

Level 4
you should update wc3 to the newest version and uninstall the mapsize bypass.

Level 3
*edit* Suggested old but working LAN gameplay setup: You and your LAN friends must all downgrade to 1.27a WC3 version (you may use 1.27a offline patch on bnet to not autopatch to 1.27b), and also place 8MB bypass on WC3 folder

For the Host, make sure to have "fixsizelimit" with "GameDll_fix_mapsize_limitV6.mix" is on WC3 folder
Those who'll be joining the Host, must instead have "forcefixsizelimit" with "GameDll_fix_mapsize_limitV6.mix" on WC3 folder

Also delete fixsizelimit.dll or forcefixsizelimit.dll to avoid conflict with the similar files mentioned.

I'm SteveHarvey-ly Sorry I believed someone who told me fixsizelimit and forcefixsizelimit still works fine if both are placed together with GameDll_fix_mapsize_limitV6.mix

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi everybody, same issue here, I tried to host my v(18) game but everyone was stuck at 31% or 21%. Everybody updated his WC3 to the last patch in order to keep using eurobattle.net. We did not install map-extension crack since with the new patch it should be no longer necessary. Downgrading id unfortunately not viable for us. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Level 1
Hey together,

the bug still persists. My friends and I are trying to play this map with the Warcraft 3 Patch 1.27a (incl. mapsize fix) and the problem occurs there aswell.
I'm not sure whether it is the actual download or the checking of the map which get stuck at 31. In my theory its the checking of the map, because the 31% occours directly after a player joins.

We also tested older versions of gaias rpg and found out that the last running version is 1.2B(16). This is the first version where the checking of the map does not get stuck. All later versions seem to have this issue.

Any further suggestions, hints or things we should test?

Last edited:
Level 3
Hey together,

the bug still persists. My friends and I are trying to play this map with the Warcraft 3 Patch 1.27a (incl. mapsize fix) and the problem occurs there aswell.
I'm not sure whether it is the actual download or the checking of the map which get stuck at 31. In my theory its the checking of the map, because the 31% occours directly after a player joins.

We also tested older versions of gaias rpg and found out that the last running version is 1.2B(16). This is the first version where the checking of the map does not get stuck. All later versions seem to have this issue.

Any further suggestions, hints or things we should test?
Had possible similar scenario that one of the 6 players in the game lobby tried to seemingly troll and make his fixsizelimit a forcefixsizelimit instead (or the other way around) --- this would even sometime affect (made the user DC or suck error) those who have a right bypass files all the while the real perpetrator displays no malicious hint (he has Complete/Downloaded Status on lobby instead of stuck at partial number). You may try to let them join you one at a time (considering you have the right config, you'll only have to check the single person joining). Let the rest of the gang join if all are checked (hopefully wont delete or change the file again). Less risk on Hostbots since dont need the patch on host side (dedicated server-side) plus gproxy allows reconnects on sudden disconnects (180+ secs of DCs are not protected.

Level 1
Hey together,

thanks for the the help. My friends and i "solved" the issue by letting a bot host the map on battle net instead of hosting the game manually.
It seems like in bot hosted scenarios this bug does not occour at all. The good thing is, that we can now play with the latest warcraft 3 version on the official battle net.

For those where a host bot is no soltion: You should try lanfix and post your result here.

Level 1
Also the Lan-fix didnt work for my brother basically it goes all the way to 100% of map finished DL and then it just Resets back up the line and it stops him at 10% and it suddenly says im at 10% aswell, Me and him want to play NCD 6.9 but even when he dl's the map from website it still wants him to refresh dl when were in lan

Level 1
I just started trying to play today with a friend, getting the same issue under same circumstances.

Going to try lanfix, will post results. Anyone else have this issue?

Level 1
we had the same issue as well.
solved it by using a HomeGroup (Windows). Shared everything, even documents.

Level 19
hmm this problem has occurred so much that maybe I should consider adding it to my moderation tool.

ok can you guys help me along, what are the common causes for a map not loading

1) names too long
2) name has odd symbols
3) map file is too big (lan limit breached)
4) requires new version/expansion of warcraft
5) ....

also what is the lan limit for a map size, and what is the name length limit?

all good questions::)

Level 3
hmm this problem has occurred so much that maybe I should consider adding it to my moderation tool.

ok can you guys help me along, what are the common causes for a map not loading

1) names too long
2) name has odd symbols
3) map file is too big (lan limit breached)
4) requires new version/expansion of warcraft
5) ....

also what is the lan limit for a map size, and what is the name length limit?

all good questions::)
i cant test it too well right now but for my map it would not load at 53k, reducing the size to 17k made it loadable. I don't know exactly when it becomes unloadable but it is between there i guess.

Level 19
i cant test it too well right now but for my map it would not load at 53k, reducing the size to 17k made it loadable. I don't know exactly when it becomes unloadable but it is between there i guess.

first off thanks for the help

you can reduce a map size by cutting down on the units and doodads on the map when it loads

this is automatically done with some map optimizers that turn doodads and unit placement, into triggers that activates after the map loads

Status
Not open for further replies.