1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

22% download stuck on 1.2c(16)

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by eighteight, Dec 18, 2016.

1. eighteight

eighteight

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi folks, my crew and I have been playing gaias and has been great fun. We play from the MakeMeHost, using 1.2c(10). Saw the post for the new version (16) and that the map extension was no longer needed. So we all downloaded 16, but now when we host a game via battlenet or gameranger the players joining are stuck saying they are downloading the map at 22%. No matter how long you wait the percentage doesn't change.

Any suggestions?
    thanks

2. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Suggestion: Download the map from hive. Saves a ton of time. Peer to peer downloading is slow as fuck.

3. MiroBG

MiroBG

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hope those players play on 1.27b cause if they dont its gonna be a prob for em :D

4. eighteight

eighteight

Resources:
    Resources:
    We all downloaded from hive, and put it in the wc3/maps/download. Just when we go to join a game that we host it says 22% right away (as if we were downloading it from the host) and stays there constantly.

5. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    If you play on Battlenet, you can just join the official bots to play. There have been no such issues reported on them.

6. Facuchito

Facuchito

Resources:
    Resources:
    Had same problem playing with my bf, both using same wifi connection, via LAN.

7. Shamu

Shamu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just tried playing it LAN, with version 1.27.0.52240, and with both players having the wc3 map (in the exact same place in the wc3 directory, if that's relevant).
    Instead of just basically skipping to 100%, because both players already have the map, it also stopped at 22%. This was for GR v1.12C(17). It never happened for any 1.12A map (never tried with a 1.12B map).
    Does this only happen for LAN, and if so, is there any incentive to fix it?
    If yes, what kind of information would I have to provide to figure out what causes the problem?

8. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This is something blizzard must fix. I have no influence over the dl process.

9. WINbyTEAMWORK

WINbyTEAMWORK

Resources:
    Resources:
    Use version switcher for a downgrade to a previous version. Just do what most people did prior to 1.27b. Unless you hate dealing with the bugs that this latest version fixed.

At the moment...

If:

Gaming Mode 1: "via Virtual LAN or LAN" >>> switch to pre-1.27b version + (bypass...etc.)

else:

Gaming Mode 2: "via official BNET [1.27b]" >>> no known fixed yet for LAN stucked download, rather just follow the advice to connect to BOTS such as "GaiasGold" similar to the post above of the mapmaker, Zwiebelchen.

Gaming Mode 3: via pvpgn such as EUROBATTLE [still (1.27a) 'till next jan2017 iirc]

Gaming Mode 4: Use GhostOne (GUI version of GHost Bot Program) - you may use it to play "No Internet LAN setup" or lan parties.

[*edit*] lan game option w/o connection from the web.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016