• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any Roleplay Left Before the End?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Well, it seems as if Warcraft 3 is in its twilight at this point, which is understandable given the age of the game. Is there any RP left at all? Havent found anything recent concering RP in WC3 besides clans annoucing that theyre disbanding and when I log in its all empty lobbies and DotA. I played a long time ago, started with LoaP but I the RP became too dull and repetitive, not to mention the serious lack of grammar involved. I really enjoyed SotDRP though. I play on US West usually (as thats where I'm located) but I'm willing to switch if anyone has an active clan or anything like that, and thank you. If not and this is the end, then farewell to all you who stuck around. I hope you had as much fun RPing as I did during the past few years, and that some time a game may be able to fill the very unique experience that WC3 provided.

Level 19
Sure there are many RPs, I've seen a lot lately, especially clans, playing SotDRP and such.
The games practically get filled so fast I can't even enter on time.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Go to the «Make me Host» website (yes, it's got annoying ads), just a couple of months ago there used to be a lot of RPs being hosted, especially around this time. The creators (and possibly the other RPers too) are quite frequently stupid and sometimes @sholes altogether, and the maps aren't being updated anymore to avoid exploiting/crashing so, you'll have to bear with that.
I'm calling them stupid because in any game, due to some instability of GHost 'bots, many people disconnect, while others just leave, resulting in the lobby being cut down to half the players (just half, if you're lucky), and there are hosts who like to start with the game with less than 10 players (sometimes even less than 8); given the situation, it's a dumb call and so are the people who likewise spend 2 hours building to end up in an empty game, instead of just leaving on the host's face.
It's cruel, yes, but the longer you allow this to go on, the longer it'll go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.