• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

20 min icon session :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16

Lolz so I was liek thinking that I could make some random icons when I had time.
They'll probably take me around 20 min ea to make so expect no SPECTACULAR stuff :p

Table Of content:
Icon Session 1
Icon Session 2
Icon Session 3
Icon Session 4

Icons

1st:

2nw0rcw.png

(YES THE HAND IS SUPPOSED TO BE CUT-OF, DON'T ASK ME WHY :D)

2nd:

I made 2 versions because I wasn't sure on the theme xD
rk8nf6.png
2na1zk7.png

I guess it's some kind of.. uh.. demon in a ice/fire prison or something, lol..

3rd:

2lar2uw.png

Made for a request, took me about 5 minutes lol <_<

4th:

V1
mshqwk.jpg
jpj5et.jpg
13z3e6t.jpg

V2
r0v20w.jpg
15odusz.jpg
33fbamd.jpg

Meh, a shield with effects :D Could be used for armour type, with upgrades or something?

If you guys want the blp's, just let me know and I'll upload them.

Note: I'm ready to take some Icon requests.
But I'll only do the requests that I think are interesting..
So I won't really make any random unit icons unless you have a good, serious project going on.

Just post what you need, and I'll get it done if I feel that it's interesting enough :cgrin:

Back to the top

Last edited:
Level 9
I pretty much suck at icons and skinns but I still think it is very fun to do them. But it whould be more if if I was good ofc :D

Level 16
So, can I place my request here or are you makin' a special thread at the Request Section.

Nah, You'll have to ask me either here or by PM/VM :)

well, those are pretty nice and i like your style because it fits blizzard so much. give me those icons! i want them for my resource library!

I think this is the correct files for the icons, but I don't know x:

(check attachment)

Attachments

• icon session 1.psd
    518.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Icon Session 2 Original.psd
    339.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Icon session 2FIRE.psd
    81.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Icon Session 3 Claws of fire.psd
    59.5 KB · Views: 64
Level 36
It's hard to tell what the 1st one is, too much SFX. The demon one is alright I guess, but it doesn't fit WC3 at all. The claws are... odd... what the hell are they supposed to be? It looks like Wolverine stuck his hands in a jar of peanut butter. The 4th one is a bit monotone, try using some more contrast on the background to the shield, and zooming in a bit.

Level 16
It's hard to tell what the 1st one is, too much SFX. The demon one is alright I guess, but it doesn't fit WC3 at all. The claws are... odd... what the hell are they supposed to be? It looks like Wolverine stuck his hands in a jar of peanut butter. The 4th one is a bit monotone, try using some more contrast on the background to the shield, and zooming in a bit.

Lol, yeah the first one kinda failed.
And the second.. Meh xD
The thirds.. LOL. it's fire dude D;
I'll try fixing the 4th though.

Level 18
Maybe you should make the first few shields a little bit bigger and add some contrast to the background (if you want the contrast, but I see you already added some that would be hardly noticeable in-game). I love the colors of the second row of shields, but I can't really see what the signs on the last shield are supposed to look like. Do not remove those, because they look awesome and spacey.

Level 16
Maybe you should make the first few shields a little bit bigger and add some contrast to the background (if you want the contrast, but I see you already added some that would be hardly noticeable in-game). I love the colors of the second row of shields, but I can't really see what the signs on the last shield are supposed to look like. Do not remove those, because they look awesome and spacey.

the signs on the last shield is supposed to be some random runes, to make the shield look upgraded :p

The first row was the first versions, then I updated it with some more vibrant colors, zoomed in and such.
And there you go; the second row ^^

So you could see the first one as WIPS, and the the 2nd as Finals :p

Level 35
The shields are nice, I honestly like the color scheme, but the overall simplicity of their shape is a bit disturbing. I recommend manipulating not only the decoration, but the general outlooks of the shields aswell, if we're talking about upgrade levels. You could add more levels of edges, decorations on the middle and near the outlines, maybe changing the overall shape by adding/removing some parts at the upgrade levels. The purple ones look better imo, but I really don't like the third upgrade level of either of them, mostly because they're consistant of random white lines put all over them. You should add specific details instead, like a magical rune of some sort. The glows look good and they definitely have potential. The weird perspective somehow doesn't give a good basis for details though, but they have potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.