• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rank icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i made these icons using gimp and p.net, i'll post the first 6 here, then i'll tell you that they go up to 7, aka, 14 icons <not including disbtn, it goes up to RANK 7 not rank 3.5>

I've been to lazy to make the disbtn's so here are mah jpgs
Here they are!
My question is are they worth of being posted in the icons? Considering that these are my first 100% scratch icons.
Halo 3 multiplayer themed

I personally like them, alot, i just wanted your opinion on how to make them better. BTW, i made the border custom in like 5 mins, i didn't really like the blizzard ones for these because the shading was in different directions for them and it looked strange. Enjoy!

Last edited:
rank-southkor-2.gif

maybe some stars? (yellow, blue, green, don't know)

and maybe add more yellow (brighten it)

Level 35
23w5nr9.jpg

^ that's like how they should look, or something like that at least.

At the very least.

Honestly, I wouldn't approve them without complete reworking, they are obviously very simple. First of all, I'd recommend you to redo it from a different perspective, make the top part of the rank sign face the upper left corner, angle it that way. If you're doing that, shade the right part of the symbol and do some highlights on the left part. That ought to give it some metallish reflections. Afterwards, detail the arm of the guy. Add a navy-green coat, silver space marine armor, some camouflage or whatever you feel would look the best in combination with the ranking, I think the navy-green coat would be the best, but cloth material is also the hardest to detail.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Agree with Zombie, the overall feel towards all these icons are weak. What i mean is that they look either like painted on or there just sitting there. You might wanna make them look like metals or some sort of fabric instead of just having them sit there. I would prefer you too add more details towards these icons as well since they are lacking decoration and such. Also, the color scheme on the icons is plain and boring i suggest making a better color variation on all the icons as they just look not so like rank icons at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.