• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] 2 Long-Standing issues i'm having

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
1st issue SOLVED:
-I cannot get upgrades to apply to already created units.

A unit starts the game with 500 health
The same unit spawns at tier 1.

You have 1 unit with 500 health, 1 unit with 550 health.

How do I make that upgrade apply to units created before the upgrade went into effect?
----------------
2nd Issue SOLVED
-I cannot get two auras (command aura base) and (unholy aura base) with negative values to NOT affect my own troops.

I've tried many different targets allowed combinations, even just ENEMY and NOT-SELF, but it still wont work.

I've tried one thing after another and I just cant get either to work, so I turn to you hive workshop!

Halp me hive-one-kenobi, your my only hope!

Last edited:
Level 4
I've never heard of upgrades not being retroactive...uh, someone else hopefully knows your issue.

For the aura...use these targets

Air, Ground, Enemy, Invul, Vuln

THANK YOU!

For the first issue, I believe this is a strange bug with Berseker Upgrade style research, it also occurred on my maps, only way I know to fix this issue is to pick all unit type owned by researching player (that has finished) and replace them.

Hrm, wouldn't that mess up unit groups, previous orders that happen at the time of the swap though? There isn't a better way to do it? :(

Level 4
Nevermind I'm really dumb.

I had checked on "Affects all units" thinking it would do what it said. I tried checking it off, and suddenly the upgrade affects pre-created units.

-_-

Status
Not open for further replies.