• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Item Aura Issue adds positive buff to enemy units too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
[SOLVED]

Hey there.

Having a problem here. There is an item, which applies two abilities: custom Endurance Aura and Hero Stats Bonus which is just for attachment.

The problem is: Endurance Aura sets buff to enemy units as well.

Through Object Editor I set Targets Allowed to default - it targets enemy too. I set it only Friend, Not Self and it still apply to enemy units. Enemies got no special abilities that would actually lead to this. I am confused.

I've also tried applying different auras, but it still applies to enemy units.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 30
You should run through your triggers to check whether is there something wrong, such as dummy enemy unit that follows you with buff aura. Also, what happens if you tick only one allowed target: Enemies?
Since you said that you have reset the aura to defaults, the problem has quite high chances to be in triggers, not in Object Editor.

Level 31
Attached the map. Hero already was given the item and enemy units were placed down the hill. Just walk to them and enemies would apply an aura.

Don't mind leaking triggers, it leaks bad, but its single player so it's alright. :< I may reduce leak some time later.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Monoconfront - Master of Tides.w3x
    3 MB · Views: 36
Level 2
You have to put self at allowed targets or it will always buff your enemys too.
The aura shouldn't buff heros?
Just set at allowed targets non-hero.
I tried following:

Allowed targets - self, non-hero, friend

And it works. Doesn't effect yourself or the enemys.

Status
Not open for further replies.