• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tornado aura targets allowed include enemies too

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
So I created a aura buff based on tornado aura, and set targets allowed: "friend, ground, notself,organic,allies". And it still applies on enemy units too. What's the problen, could anyone help?
It's possible that the ability is hardcoded to work a certain way. Anyway, you can use Endurance Aura with negative values to get the desired effect.

Level 9
It's possible that the ability is hardcoded to work a certain way. Anyway, you can use Endurance Aura with negative values to get the desired effect.
Have you encountered that tornado with negative values provide map crashes randomly upong trigger giving tornado abil with negative values to unit? I hope this wont work with endurance

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Have you encountered that tornado with negative values provide map crashes randomly upong trigger giving tornado abil with negative values to unit? I hope this wont work with endurance
Tornado Aura seems to have a lot of hardcoded behavior so I'm not surprised that it would break when you try to modify it beyond what it was designed to do.

But I've never experienced any issues with negative auras, I know custom maps use a negative Devotion Aura as a -armor ability (shadow fiend's presence ability comes to mind). Same goes for Endurance Aura (omniknight's degen aura - assumedly).

Level 9
Tornado Aura seems to have a lot of hardcoded behavior so I'm not surprised that it would break when you try to modify it beyond what it was designed to do.

But I've never experienced any issues with negative auras, I know custom maps use a negative Devotion Aura as a -armor ability (shadow fiend's presence ability comes to mind). Same goes for Endurance Aura (omniknight's degen aura - assumedly).
Since I can make it as trigger aura system this one is solvable anyway.
Thx you.