• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Auras...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm trying to create a unit that decreases nearby enemy buildings' and increases nearby allied buildings' defense. It should only affect structures, so I set Devotion Aura's allowed targets to Enemy, Not Self, Structure - and for the other aura (copy of Devotion Aura) Friend, Not Self, Structure.
Both auras are applied to both friendly and enemy structures. What should I do to get the effect I wanted?

Level 15
Go off the normal devotion aura and change the allowed targets to this:

structure, friend, vulnerable, invulnerable

Give your hero the modified devotion aura

Create a dummy unit that has the ability locust and the modified devotion aura, when the hero learns devotion aura then create the dummy unit for the other team and setup a periodic that sets the dummys X and Y to the X and Y of the heroe every second.

Whenever the hero levels up devotion aura then set the current level of the enemy dummy units devotion aura to match.

Hope that made sense ^-^

Level 10
Devotion Aura (-1 on Enemy Structures)

First Change Targets Allowed:
Un1243123titled.png

Second Change The Armor Bonus:
Hold Shift and Hit Enter While the Value is Selected Then Enter -(anynumber)
Un1243123titled-1.png

Devotion Aura (+1 on Allied Structures)

Change the Targets to:
Un123123titled.png

If this is a hero ability then to add both skills to the hero without showing icons then you will have to use a spell book.
Map Example Attached:

Attachments

• Building Aura.w3x
    18.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.