1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(2)Dark Land

Submitted by sonofjay
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Dark Land
[[SIRTech]]SonofJay

[​IMG]

Map Info
This melee map is part of my Operation Revive Melee Map on wcunderground, the goal is to make eye pleasing terrain for melee maps, while keeping the melee map gameplay. This is my newest melee map.

Another melee map from me using the same tileset of Rocky Land.

Map size: 128x96
Playable area: 126x90

Map Description:

Home by fearsome creatures, and demon wizard, this land has been corrupted by fear, that a normal human can't stand.
Credits to Modafoka for the tiles.

Features

• 4 Goldmines
  • 4 Green Camps
  • 4 Orange Camps
  • 2 Red Camps
  • 2 Goblin Merchant
  • 1 Tavern

Screenshots

Screenshots

Screeny
[​IMG]

Screeny
[​IMG]

Screeny
[​IMG]

Overview
[​IMG]

Credits
Modafoka for the tiles

Author's notes
[*]I see some discussions here on hive that melee maps should have no imported files etc etc. As a melee map maker and a player, importing files and changing things on object editor isn't really a problem as long as it maintain the melee map gameplay.

[*]I'll upload more of my melee maps from underground when I feel to upload it here.

[*]Hope you like this one.

Keywords:
Dark, Land, Rocky, Land, SIRTech, SonofJay,
Contents

(2)Dark Land (Map)

Reviews
Date: 14:00:40 23-Apr-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 2/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Useful Links: If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource...
  1. Date: 14:00:40 23-Apr-12
    Map Moderator: -Kobas-
    Map Status: Approved 2/5
    Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message!
    Useful Links:
    If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource Moderation.

Comment: Not so good as your first one. Please don't haste, this map is far more unbalanced than your first one, and because you created it with same resources originality go down as well. Red Player can easily attack blue expansion mine, but also it's hard for him to expand on his because of creeps. Tavern should be ungarded as well.

2. Sherkan1

Sherkan1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Men your melee map is superb ,incredible effects of a dark and corrupted land 4\5 D:

3. Sherkan1

Sherkan1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map

Men I remake a parts of my map Transilvan and now is more realistic ,terrain is not plate (werewolf forest)and I fixed some bugs and I please you to download new version and play map minimum 10 minutes.(please):ogre_haosis:

4. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You should vm or pm me instead of posting it on my map.

Okay, I'll check it again later.

5. Iconer

Iconer

Resources:
    Resources:
    It very nice! SirTech industry present ar very cool industry! love it! thnk!

6. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm a little disappointed here, I gave you 5/5 on your last map because of originality, but I won't go easy here. Don't haste, work on your maps a little longer and balance them well.

7. Iconer

Iconer

Resources:
    Resources:
    no, tis prety longer on anoter site! pls read th autor note!
    he jus donat his map into hive! understan?

8. ERYFKRAD

ERYFKRAD

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It's hardly fair to not rate this one just because it was "donated", is it now?

9. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the approved :psmile:

Oh yeah I worked on this a little fast, resulting on imbalance.

Thanks for the feedbacks :psmile:

10. Iconer

Iconer

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi eryfkrad iam Nico

11. Pr0nogo

Pr0nogo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I played it against a friend and I have a few complaints.

The first is true on both of your dark tileset maps. It's that the trees are very far away from the start location, so only Night Elves have the benefit of ignoring the sizable distance until a lumber mill is created. Maybe if you were to add more trees somewhat closer to the start location, this issue would be fixed.

The second issue I have is specific to this map. You have red creep camps guarding the entrances to the middle passage. That's downright stupid. I can't attack the other player without losing a unit to an Eredar Warlock with Finger of Death.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  12. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Pronogo, thanks for saying it I'll fix it now

13. meatfactory

meatfactory

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Nice map. Could use some more terrain symmetry though... 4/5

14. MajorKaza

MajorKaza

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not bad. I like this terrain. Can you try with some diffrent number of players. For e.g. 10 or 7? Looks like 2 and 12 are most popular. :D

15. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lets see what I can do, :psmile:

16. Metalbear

Metalbear

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    WTF IS THIS?! Excuse me, but did ya run out of ideas or somefin? This is sooooooo simple, even the Booty Bay map have lot more ways for strategy! I suggest ya to connect at least the mines to both the players so this way you open 3 ways instead of 1 for "army spam send to die" ... This is not Age of Empires!
    Even if the terrain was focused to be a big deal eye candy beautification, this barely makes anything! A sport player will actually check those stuff once and enjoy them and all gone! While playing, the sport player will barely give attention to those stuff! This is not ORPG or whatever! Consult with Blizzard's maps and think why they were made in this way, with those mobs and not so "amazing" like in the campaigns.

17. Pr0nogo

Pr0nogo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I would definitely consider adding more pathways. It's too small and way too linear at the moment.

18. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't you know that you can say those word on a more polite manner? Seriously, did I do something to you for you to become that angry?

19. Systemfre1

Systemfre1

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    So 1 path mass spawn army = you need to get your defence up quick in this map.
    Its a different kind of strategy to a normal wc3 map o_O

Not all wc3 maps have to be the same.