• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(2)Dark Land

Dark Land
[[SIRTech]]SonofJay

211785-albums5435-picture57349.jpg
Map Info
This melee map is part of my Operation Revive Melee Map on wcunderground, the goal is to make eye pleasing terrain for melee maps, while keeping the melee map gameplay. This is my newest melee map.

Another melee map from me using the same tileset of Rocky Land.

Map size: 128x96
Playable area: 126x90

Map Description:

Home by fearsome creatures, and demon wizard, this land has been corrupted by fear, that a normal human can't stand.
Credits to Modafoka for the tiles.

Features

• 4 Goldmines
  • 4 Green Camps
  • 4 Orange Camps
  • 2 Red Camps
  • 2 Goblin Merchant
  • 1 Tavern

Screenshots

Screenshots

211785-albums5435-picture57426.jpg

211785-albums5435-picture57425.jpg

211785-albums5435-picture57424.jpg

211785-albums5435-picture57423.jpg

Credits
Modafoka for the tiles

Author's notes
[*]I see some discussions here on hive that melee maps should have no imported files etc etc. As a melee map maker and a player, importing files and changing things on object editor isn't really a problem as long as it maintain the melee map gameplay.

[*]I'll upload more of my melee maps from underground when I feel to upload it here.

[*]Hope you like this one.

Keywords:
Dark, Land, Rocky, Land, SIRTech, SonofJay,
Contents

(2)Dark Land (Map)

Reviews
Date: 14:00:40 23-Apr-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 2/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Useful Links: If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource...

M

Date: 14:00:40 23-Apr-12
Map Moderator: -Kobas-
Map Status: Approved 2/5
Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message!
Useful Links:
If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource Moderation.

Comment: Not so good as your first one. Please don't haste, this map is far more unbalanced than your first one, and because you created it with same resources originality go down as well. Red Player can easily attack blue expansion mine, but also it's hard for him to expand on his because of creeps. Tavern should be ungarded as well.

Level 3
Map

Men I remake a parts of my map Transilvan and now is more realistic ,terrain is not plate (werewolf forest)and I fixed some bugs and I please you to download new version and play map minimum 10 minutes.(please):ogre_haosis:

Level 6
I played it against a friend and I have a few complaints.

The first is true on both of your dark tileset maps. It's that the trees are very far away from the start location, so only Night Elves have the benefit of ignoring the sizable distance until a lumber mill is created. Maybe if you were to add more trees somewhat closer to the start location, this issue would be fixed.

The second issue I have is specific to this map. You have red creep camps guarding the entrances to the middle passage. That's downright stupid. I can't attack the other player without losing a unit to an Eredar Warlock with Finger of Death.

Last edited:
Level 6
WTF IS THIS?! Excuse me, but did ya run out of ideas or somefin? This is sooooooo simple, even the Booty Bay map have lot more ways for strategy! I suggest ya to connect at least the mines to both the players so this way you open 3 ways instead of 1 for "army spam send to die" ... This is not Age of Empires!
Even if the terrain was focused to be a big deal eye candy beautification, this barely makes anything! A sport player will actually check those stuff once and enjoy them and all gone! While playing, the sport player will barely give attention to those stuff! This is not ORPG or whatever! Consult with Blizzard's maps and think why they were made in this way, with those mobs and not so "amazing" like in the campaigns.

Level 16
WTF IS THIS?! Excuse me, but did ya run out of ideas or somefin? This is sooooooo simple, even the Booty Bay map have lot more ways for strategy! I suggest ya to connect at least the mines to both the players so this way you open 3 ways instead of 1 for "army spam send to die" ... This is not Age of Empires!
Even if the terrain was focused to be a big deal eye candy beautification, this barely makes anything! A sport player will actually check those stuff once and enjoy them and all gone! While playing, the sport player will barely give attention to those stuff! This is not ORPG or whatever! Consult with Blizzard's maps and think why they were made in this way, with those mobs and not so "amazing" like in the campaigns.
I do not like such "aggressive" criticism.
@sonofjay god help your heart.