1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(2)Rocky Land

Submitted by sonofjay
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
(2)Rocky Land
[[SIRTech]]SonofJay

[​IMG]

Map Info
This melee map is part of my Opetaion Revive Melee Map on wcunderground, the goal is to make eye pleasing terrain for melee maps, while keeping the melee map gameplay. This is 1 of the 4 finish products so far.

I guess its time for my melee maps from wcunderground to be posted here on hiveworkshop

Map size: 128x96
Playable area: 126x90

Map Description:

This rockyland was home of furious and dangerous creatures, expand fast and capture the middle gold mine to get the upperhand.

Credits to Modafoka for the tiles.

Features

• 7 Goldmines
  • 4 Green Camps
  • 5 Orange Camps
  • 4 Red Camps
  • 2 Goblin Laboratory
  • 1 Goblin Merchant
  • 1 Tavern
  • 1 Mercenary Camp
  • 1 Fountain of Mana
  • 1 Fountain of Health

Screenshots

Screenshots
Screeny
[​IMG]

Screeny
[​IMG]

Overview
[​IMG]

Change Log
2nd Update
-Remove ground texture of Mercenary Camp and Dranei Tent.
-Change expansion goldmine neutral creep from Lvl 18 to Lvl 13.
-Change two bottom neutral creeps from Lvl 18 to 14.
-Change neutral creeps acquisition range to camp.
-Added Lvl 12 creep camp on the goblin merchant and Lvl 11 creep camp on the mercenary camp.
1st Update
-Things that fixed/change or added

*Removed Undead Building's ground texture to fit the tiles
Credits
Modafoka for the tiles

Author's notes
[*]I see some discussions here on hive that melee maps should have no imported files etc etc. As a melee map maker and a player, importing files and changing things on object editor isn't really a problem as long as it maintain the melee map gameplay.

[*]I'll upload more of my melee maps from underground when I feel to upload it here.

[*]Hope you like this one.

Keywords:
SIRTech, melee, Rocky, Balboa
Contents

(2)Rocky Land (Map)

Reviews
Date: 12:39:17 14-Apr-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 5/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Useful Links: If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource...
  1. Date: 12:39:17 14-Apr-12
    Map Moderator: -Kobas-
    Map Status: Approved 5/5
    Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message!
    Useful Links:
    If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource Moderation.

Comment: Brilliant idea. Good melee map as well. Enough resources, neutrals, item drops are fine, balanced etc.

2. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm not really sure but wouldn't this suit better in the Altered Melee category due to the custom tiles?

3. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Dunno, its only a custom tiles. Is it really a altered melee if I imported even just a tile?

4. Iconer

Iconer

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice tiles n tera :D
    but u should don't using clif!

5. marko9

marko9

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I love it, idea is awesome I would maybe like that you change Neutral Units a bit like make tham fit the environment but this is awesome :)

6. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    the unit settings are the normal wc3 ones so its not altered melee in my opinion

7. Tank-Commander

Tank-Commander

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm I'm not a fan of the (seemingly) completely flat terrain, Also I get the feeling that there's no real "Big confrontation" front, just feels like units will get funnelled around as such

8. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the approved

I don't really like blizz cliffs, actually this is one of my few melee that I used blizz cliffs, reason is blizz cliffs looks good on outland tiles, and you need to know when and where to use it.

@Marko9

@Tank
    strategy wise, 3 lanes, no altered way, you have goblin lab, choose your move wisely. :ogre_hurrhurr:

9. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The Outland Cliffs look good. But the other look like! It's a nice map. Awesome!

10. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Hain
    I use blizz cliff here(because blizz cliff look good on with the abyss tileset), but usually I go to height tools and doodads.

And also don't double post. Simply edit your second post then click the delete button.

11. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Full Review Emerges

While of melee maps are coming even today both customed or just standard melee. This map proves that the melee WC 3 isn't dead yet. The improvised textures creates a new atmosphere for playing melee the terrain is entirely symmetric, huge place to create a base and its everything you'd expect for a melee game. While I usually prefer playing melee maps that are really 'classified' as a balanced melee, Rocky Land may feel doubting as for players like me who would want a fair match with other players, but regardless everything about the units is balanced and untouched, except for the ground textures for buildings, the removed textures avoids it from clashing the new black and white terrain, you missed a spot for the Dranei Tent and Merc Camp ground textures, just wanna let you know even the smallest details. Creep camps need bit tweaking, early staging camps feels too strong for early game, especially the Infernal creeps and the expansion gold mines with Void Walkers, I suggest you tone them down, don't forget to set most of the creeps to 'Camp' as an acquisition range to prevent them chasing down your units, except for the Goldmine Creeps keep them 'Normal', add guarding creeps for Mercenary Camps and Goblin Merchant, could really use more of those.

So yeah, that's about it, and oh, you used the old SIRtech banner, use the SIRtech Industries from my album.

Rating it 4/5 and +Rep as for now, good start and great work, Sonofjay.

12. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the review ken, i'll make sure to make those changes later, i'm using cellphone rigth now.

EDIT:Change Log
    2nd Update
    -Remove ground texture of Mercenary Camp and Dranei Tent.
    -Change expansion goldmine neutral creep from Lvl 18 to Lvl 13.
    -Change two bottom neutral creeps from Lvl 18 to 14.
    -Change neutral creeps acquisition range to camp.
    -Added Lvl 12 creep camp on the goblin merchant and Lvl 11 creep camp on the mercenary camp.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  13. ERYFKRAD

ERYFKRAD

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Good job, Jay.

14. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks Uncle Krad

15. boomwolf

boomwolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    The only nitpick I have is that fountain of life and fountain of mana are not equals, and as such might tilt the balance between two players of equal skill, I recommend changing them both to fountains of life or fountains of regeneration (or whatever they call the life+mana one)

4/5, and rep. it looks amazing, even if slightly overpowered in creeps.

16. Diamond'y

Diamond'y

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great idea!!! stylish!! magic effects looks better! 5/5

17. meatfactory

meatfactory

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Excellent melee map. This should be added to blizzard official tittlesets.

18. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments, it really encouraging me to create more melees :psmile:

19. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Your "list" has failed in the map description. :)