• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deathwing

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my first model ever, but my second attempt at it. I updated it with the little knowledge I had. Please do not judge me harshly.
I havent been able to test it yet, when I do (in about a week) i might get a better in-game screenshot. Click on the one abobe and you can see the REAL one, i dont know why it doesnt work.
Please comment.

Keywords:
Dragon, dragons, deathwing, black, black dragon, cataclysm, wow, world of warcraft, earth warder, neltharion, aspect, dragon aspect
Contents

Deathwing (Model)

Deathwing (Model)

Reviews
22:51, 16th Sep 2010 anarchianbedlam: Im sorry, but there aren't enough changes made the original blizzard model for this to be approved. And the texture really does look horrid. Needs more definition and less smudge. Keep working on it though...

M

22:51, 16th Sep 2010
anarchianbedlam: Im sorry, but there aren't enough changes made the original blizzard model for this to be approved. And the texture really does look horrid. Needs more definition and less smudge.

Keep working on it though, lots of people love Deathwing and this model could be useful

Update: again, still too smudgy and undefined. And not enough changes to the actual mesh. keep at it.

Level 4
Thanks for the tip. Again, i didn't have much time, and yes, i barelly modified the actual model. It suprised me no one had actually tried to make a Deathwing model before. Im glad to know it works.

Last edited:
Level 4
I won't judge to harsh as it's your first model.

Good job on making a Deathwing, I haven't seen another.

I encourage you to keep working on the model since there is still room for improvement but it's definitely a workable base. Part of it is that I feel that Deathwing should have a bit more awesome unit model than just any regular dragon. More detail on the plates would be good.

Level 4
Hey guys, heres my second attemp. i changed the skin so it looks better, defined the horns and modified some other parts like the wings and tail. as soon as i get rid of this laptop and get a GOOD computer, i'll get a good in-game screenshot, since worldeditor doesnt work here well. Hope u like it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampharos_222
uhh, what's a deathwing anyway?

Seriously?
Here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Deathwing

Last edited:
Level 4