• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deathwing HumanForm

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Finally, this is finished. I know all of you will complain about the attack animations that are a little bit slow, but it is fine in game.
I need to thank the people that gave me suggestions in the thread about the model progress, thanks, guys. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/modeling-animation-276/suggestions-about-using-game-textures-deathwing-human-form-model-277844-new/

Changes:
Rewraped jaw mesh to make it stand out more, hope it's better now.
Attack animations are now faster.
Fixed attachments, now they should folow body's movement.
Added two new attack animations, one spell and one stand animation, all taken from Felguard model.
Fixed death animation by Misha's suggestion. And changed some "attack" animations to "spell".

Keywords:
Deathwing, Lava, Cracks, Body, Chest, Mace, Human, Form
Previews
Contents

Deathwing HumanForm (Model)

Deathwing HumanForm_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
06:43, 9th May 2016 HappyCockroach: Those lore oriented models of yours are so nice. There are some issues to be fixed though: - Your attachments aren't parented to their corresponding bones. Attachments as weapons and armor, or bloodlust, end up...
HappyCockroach
Firstly, sorry for the delay in giving another feedback. The issue with attachments is fixed, but there are two small problems which could be fixed: - The "Stand - 1" animation conflicts with the other ones, since the unit has to change between 2...
loktar
No changes made, moved to substandard.

M

06:43, 9th May 2016
HappyCockroach:
Those lore oriented models of yours are so nice. There are some issues to be fixed though:
- Your attachments aren't parented to their corresponding bones. Attachments as weapons and armor, or bloodlust, end up floating along with the model.
- Your portrait has a background which is a plain TC. That's probably because the hero glow plane is too big and stretched. Try to show a visible glow as other wc3 portraits do.
- The jaw armor lacks an upper contour, what ends up making it look like a beard. It would be good if you made it stand out more from the face.
Besides those issues, it's clear to see the effort you've put it, and the result is nice. I'd tell you the blademaster animations are highly overused, and that makes your model lose a bit of interest in-game, but still, it fits well, so there's no need to change that. You might remove those unused animations, (Name and Portrait) even if they seem to have very few keyframes and not be heavy at all, they have no reason to exist. That's it. Waiting on the updates. At least the first two of them.

21:47, 14th July 2016
HappyCockroach:
The model still lacks correct parenting on the attachment points. Apart from that, it is well done and perfectly approvable. Please fix it as soon as you're able to. If you have any doubt, feel free to contact me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
While the body seems really well done, I have to say I think the whole head could use a do-over. The jawplate is really blurry and undefined, the eyes seem much too large and could stand to have some fiery particle effects and the hair just seems like a mess with it's current texture job.

Everything else looks great, though!

Level 8
I can't believe this model has been done with 100% textures in the game.
You should create the DragonForm version too.
I would have liked to see this model with the animations of Warcraft's paladin.
Anyway, great job! 5/5 :infl_thumbs_up:

Firstly, sorry for the delay in giving another feedback. The issue with attachments is fixed, but there are two small problems which could be fixed:
- The "Stand - 1" animation conflicts with the other ones, since the unit has to change between 2 different poses within the blend time. Stand animations are supposed to start and end all in the same pose. It does work like that, but looks like a glitch. Consider removing it.
- There's a blood splat running in "Stand Victory" which should probably be placed at the Death animation instead. You might want to fix that.
Due to the long delay in mentioning those problems, I'll reserve you the right to not do such updates, in case you don't have the editable file anymore. But they're easy to do. If anything, you can contact me.