1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Deathwing HumanForm

Submitted by Stefan.K
This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Finally, this is finished. I know all of you will complain about the attack animations that are a little bit slow, but it is fine in game.
I need to thank the people that gave me suggestions in the thread about the model progress, thanks, guys. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/modeling-animation-276/suggestions-about-using-game-textures-deathwing-human-form-model-277844-new/

Changes:
Rewraped jaw mesh to make it stand out more, hope it's better now.
Attack animations are now faster.
Fixed attachments, now they should folow body's movement.
Added two new attack animations, one spell and one stand animation, all taken from Felguard model.
Fixed death animation by Misha's suggestion. And changed some "attack" animations to "spell".

Keywords:
Deathwing, Lava, Cracks, Body, Chest, Mace, Human, Form
Previews
Contents

Deathwing HumanForm_Portrait (Model)

Deathwing HumanForm (Model)

Reviews
06:43, 9th May 2016 HappyCockroach: Those lore oriented models of yours are so nice. There are some issues to be fixed though: - Your attachments aren't parented to their corresponding bones. Attachments as weapons and armor, or bloodlust, end up...
HappyCockroach
Firstly, sorry for the delay in giving another feedback. The issue with attachments is fixed, but there are two small problems which could be fixed: - The "Stand - 1" animation conflicts with the other ones, since the unit has to change between 2...
  1. 06:43, 9th May 2016
    HappyCockroach:
    Those lore oriented models of yours are so nice. There are some issues to be fixed though:
    - Your attachments aren't parented to their corresponding bones. Attachments as weapons and armor, or bloodlust, end up floating along with the model.
    - Your portrait has a background which is a plain TC. That's probably because the hero glow plane is too big and stretched. Try to show a visible glow as other wc3 portraits do.
    - The jaw armor lacks an upper contour, what ends up making it look like a beard. It would be good if you made it stand out more from the face.
    Besides those issues, it's clear to see the effort you've put it, and the result is nice. I'd tell you the blademaster animations are highly overused, and that makes your model lose a bit of interest in-game, but still, it fits well, so there's no need to change that. You might remove those unused animations, (Name and Portrait) even if they seem to have very few keyframes and not be heavy at all, they have no reason to exist. That's it. Waiting on the updates. At least the first two of them.

21:47, 14th July 2016
    HappyCockroach:
    The model still lacks correct parenting on the attachment points. Apart from that, it is well done and perfectly approvable. Please fix it as soon as you're able to. If you have any doubt, feel free to contact me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  2. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    For better view of the effects use the world editor as it is not shown right in magos.
    If someone wants to use the version only with the blademaster animations:
    View attachment DeathwingBM.mdx

3. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Another Amazing Work :)

4. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Very nice looking.
    Maybe you would like to add a "dummy" morph animation in case people want to group it with the Deathwing dragon and want to morph him in to human-dragon. Would be something you could think about.

5. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  6. Forsaken

Forsaken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Good job!

7. Forsakenman18

Forsakenman18

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dreams come true ;) please make jessica nigri's version :)[​IMG]

8. Zaljinzoo

Zaljinzoo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    While the body seems really well done, I have to say I think the whole head could use a do-over. The jawplate is really blurry and undefined, the eyes seem much too large and could stand to have some fiery particle effects and the hair just seems like a mess with it's current texture job.

Everything else looks great, though!

9. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The main letdown here is the metal jaw.
    I think it should have a darker tone, also it should be sharper and less round.

10. Grey Knight

Grey Knight

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    so this is the Human form of Death Wing
    its Pretty Nice

11. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Impressive skills and pretty looking.

12. Sxar

Sxar

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I simply love it! Can I made a WC2 version based in your model? :eek:

13. Aleister

Aleister

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't believe this model has been done with 100% textures in the game.
    You should create the DragonForm version too.
    I would have liked to see this model with the animations of Warcraft's paladin.
    Anyway, great job! 5/5 :infl_thumbs_up:

14. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Firstly, sorry for the delay in giving another feedback. The issue with attachments is fixed, but there are two small problems which could be fixed:
    - The "Stand - 1" animation conflicts with the other ones, since the unit has to change between 2 different poses within the blend time. Stand animations are supposed to start and end all in the same pose. It does work like that, but looks like a glitch. Consider removing it.
    - There's a blood splat running in "Stand Victory" which should probably be placed at the Death animation instead. You might want to fix that.
    Due to the long delay in mentioning those problems, I'll reserve you the right to not do such updates, in case you don't have the editable file anymore. But they're easy to do. If anything, you can contact me.

15. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm surprised I never seen this before.