1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Deathwing

Submitted by Seveki7
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This is my first model ever, but my second attempt at it. I updated it with the little knowledge I had. Please do not judge me harshly.
I havent been able to test it yet, when I do (in about a week) i might get a better in-game screenshot. Click on the one abobe and you can see the REAL one, i dont know why it doesnt work.
Please comment.

Keywords:
Dragon, dragons, deathwing, black, black dragon, cataclysm, wow, world of warcraft, earth warder, neltharion, aspect, dragon aspect
Contents

Deathwing (Model)

Deathwing (Model)

Reviews
22:51, 16th Sep 2010 anarchianbedlam: Im sorry, but there aren't enough changes made the original blizzard model for this to be approved. And the texture really does look horrid. Needs more definition and less smudge. Keep working on it though,...
  1. 22:51, 16th Sep 2010
    anarchianbedlam: Im sorry, but there aren't enough changes made the original blizzard model for this to be approved. And the texture really does look horrid. Needs more definition and less smudge.

Keep working on it though, lots of people love Deathwing and this model could be useful

Update: again, still too smudgy and undefined. And not enough changes to the actual mesh. keep at it.

2. Seveki7

Seveki7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just in case, im uploading the skin separately tomorrow.

3. WarManta

WarManta

Resources:
    Resources:
    All you did was edit the black dragon model and only touched a bit of the body and the chin/mouth? I think you need to do a lot more or just submit it as a skin/texture since this won't seem fit for this section....

Tho, nice attempt.
    I like the concept.

4. Seveki7

Seveki7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the tip. Again, i didn't have much time, and yes, i barelly modified the actual model. It suprised me no one had actually tried to make a Deathwing model before. Im glad to know it works.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  5. Kaos

Kaos

Resources:
    Resources:
    I won't judge to harsh as it's your first model.

Good job on making a Deathwing, I haven't seen another.

I encourage you to keep working on the model since there is still room for improvement but it's definitely a workable base. Part of it is that I feel that Deathwing should have a bit more awesome unit model than just any regular dragon. More detail on the plates would be good.

6. Seveki7

Seveki7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  7. Zealon

Zealon

Resources:
    Resources:
  8. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    uhh, what's a deathwing anyway?

9. Seveki7

Seveki7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey guys, heres my second attemp. i changed the skin so it looks better, defined the horns and modified some other parts like the wings and tail. as soon as i get rid of this laptop and get a GOOD computer, i'll get a good in-game screenshot, since worldeditor doesnt work here well. Hope u like it!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ampharos_222
    uhh, what's a deathwing anyway?

Seriously?
    Here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Deathwing

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  10. TheSporeGA1

TheSporeGA1

Resources:
    Resources:
    This looks awesome to me. I think it should be a directers cut.

11. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    ohhh......so that's a.....Deathwing.....

12. Nenjamonky 117

Nenjamonky 117

Resources:
    Resources:
    Need screenshot of updated one, when you get better computer!!!

13. Seveki7

Seveki7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry guys. I got a new computer but I couldn't access this page until a few days. However, I uploaded a new version...
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/deathwing-180918/
    ...still rejected. It says the texture is horrid. Any volunteers to fix that? its the third i upload and i cant make it better.
    Thanks people

14. ArconosBlade

ArconosBlade

Resources:
    Resources:
    :thumbs_up: Great job its pretty good portrait is fine to :prazz: