1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1283 C.E. v1.0

Submitted by APproject
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Details
1283 C.E.
v1.0

[​IMG]

Introduction

This is 11:11 minutes long single player historical cinematic with historical facts representing eastern europe times back to 1283 common era, when christians sent Teutonic Knights upon pagan Lithuania very first time. Cinematic shows events from pagan's point of view. Main thought of cinematic is that christianity has set a distance between human and nature, dealing harm to human's existence.

Cinematic contains massive amount of sounds imported, mainly voice recordings. That is the reason for its size.

Story

1283 common era, summer, Lithuanian land. Struggle between Lithuanian pagans and christians already lasted for nearly three hundreds of years. Missioner's failure to spread christianity among pagan village people resulted in brutal confrontation, which provoked a very first strike upon Lithuania by Teutonic Order. Christianity has pushed out pure and vital beliefs to human, causing human to lose one's sight and wander away from close connection with nature.

[​IMG]

Credits
The Hiveworkshop Models:

olofmoleman
Nasrudin
eubz
Deolrin
Forgotten_Warlord
Shadow_killer
mapper
shamanyouranus
Dark Hunter1357
Yayoi
Carrington2k
Kitabatake
Aquis
Ket
Tranquil
Dionesiist
SD_Ryoko
ikillforeyou
Sunchips
Leeroy
HappyCockroach
Apocalypsen
iristle
sunwarrior25
Lord_T

Loading Screen: Spartipilo

Music: Battleforge: Viridya's Demise; Giantsbane

Sounds: From all over the internet

Voice: by APproject

Screenshots (Count: 5)
Screenshot 1.
[​IMG]

Screenshot 2.
[​IMG]

Screenshot 3.
[​IMG]

Screenshot 4.
[​IMG]

Screenshot 5.
[​IMG]

Keywords:
Cinematic, common, era, 1283, lithuania, middle, age, teutonic, order, pagan, paganism, history, historical, facts, approject, idol, medieval, middle-
Contents

1283 C.E. v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2011/Oct/29 22:51:01 Reasons: Other: Comment: Review: Story&Writing: You've based your map on true events from the past, about crusaders and christianity being spread all over the world, it's nothing...
  1. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hehe, it may lack in deep emotions, but there is a little of anger & loathe while dialogue, rest acts were more like confessions by pagan or pointing out historical facts, so it basically didn't need emotions, exacept for dialogue, maybe dialogue could be more inspiring, I agree.

Nowdays religions globally respect each other, even though there might be some people who don't, bigger part do. Tolerance is notable these days, unlikely in middle-age. Middle-age weren't tolerant times, different religion cultures were the greatest enemies.

Thank you for the rating.

Hmm, probably cinematic as well. Currently I am on other project so it may have to wait for a bit. Hmm, I don't think lithuania had anything very unique. Maybe Winged Hussars, there is the picture of Winged Hussar, but it was from polish side. But polish-lithuanian commonwealth had these hussars included so it counted as one force.

Thank you.

2. Minotaur

Minotaur

Resources:
    Resources:
    im from lithuania :D, im gonna check this out.

3. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I know that, but I wanted something of Lithuania specialty.

4. creyzi4zb12

creyzi4zb12

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dude, your maps are one of the bests I've tried out in the hive (including your cinematic maps)...I'm gonna try this one out if my DL speed wasn't so f***ng low

, + rep to you friend!!

EDIT: I didn't know Mechanical Man was still going to the hive? How are you friend? Got any new musketeer or arquebus models working on?

5. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hehe, glad to see another lithuanian.

Hm, I can't remember any exceptional unit at the moment, well they weren't very notable or exceptional, just typical ones.

Wow, I'm happy to hear it. I'm glad our taste matched. :)

6. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Review:

Story&Writing:

You've based your map on true events from the past, about crusaders and christianity being spread all over the world, it's nothing original original, of course not, but still really well executed. You also represent the very brutal violence in some of the scenes, like cavaliers killing small children as well.
    The writing isn't fabulous, nothing philosophically written, also a few grammar errors, but overall acceptable.

Camera:

Excellent camera work, you can see everything important in a scene, the movement's smooth, but I would suggest is add some really sudden/intense camera movements, like when a cavalier is about to kill one of those children, move the camera really fast to the unit and maybe add slow motion for his death animation.

Terrain:

Excellent work, the village looks very much like the villages from back then, your house model choice is fitting, the footmen and cavaliers have rather matching armor sets, unless they are all made by one person.
    The environment is very natural looking, nice height variation, filled terrain with grass, shrubbery, etc.
    But I would suggest is make the scene from the beginning of the cinematic where the narrator is talking very swamp-like with a thick green fog. Or just add some animations to the existing scene, like frogs jumping around, people walking past, a messenger running by, etc.
    It would also be nice to add multiple environmental scenes in the beginning, because due to the narrator talking for so long, it can get boring rather fast to look at the same shot the whole time.

Other:

Neat loading screen image and preview image, a well written map description as well.
    Suggestions:

*Make the transition titles ('two weeks later', etc.) fade in/out faster
    *Make the narrator part in the beginning shorter

Overall:

A very well executed cinematic based on true events from the past, a neat terrain, but there's always room for improvement.

Rating: 4/5

7. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hehe, well it was necessary in order to brighten Teutons' violnet behavior.

I just pointed out some facts, pagan and christian points of view and all philosophical part were left for the spectator, hope it worked. According to comments above I think it worked.

I had my thoughts of making such quick camera movmeents while cinematic was not even begun to create. But I didn't make it, probably due to lack of effort. It truly lacks in camera variantions, I may improve those once I would be out of map ideas.

I must agree, especially the beginning lacks in cameras. But my primal intention was to show silent, clam and untouched nature.

Thank you for the review and rating.

8. Khanh

Khanh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it will even greater if the cross helmets is rescaled to fit the Knights' body.

9. cutecab214

cutecab214

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice Good Job

I Wish i Were There

10. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice cinematic indeed :)

11. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks, guys.
    It may look more realistic, but not better in this case I think. Helmet is the only true sign of Tautonic Order, so I think in this case it is no big deal about its size, bigger helm brightens who they are. Knight itself is quite problematic, because Head attatchment point is actually over head and a bit forward it, so helm doesn't look good in knight from every angle, except front.

12. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Add locust to units in some scenes, so they don't stuck or move ↓ → ↓ ↑ ↨ when they come close enough :)

13. Restor

Restor

Resources:
    Resources:
    firstly to cinematic

Well, the plot was quite original, according to "fantasy-all-the-time" which is still arround here.

But the rest was...not so good, boring, boring and again boring. Also the terrain was average, nothing special about this cin, really. Like 2/5 from me.

secondly (and little bit OT): "God is not separate, Allah, Buddha, Christ and others are one and same god with different name"

Buddha is no god in any religion, not even in budhism (it has no gods at all).

And thirdly: It is no "common era" or "C.E.", it is called "Anno domini" or "AD" in english. So you can fix it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2011
  14. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    ^
    Wikipedia:
    Could you also be more specific about the downrating of the map? Be more specific about the terrain, the action, the voice acting, anything, it doesn't have to be a review, just some small points.

And please do refrain from using words like "scumbag" in the future.

15. lateris

lateris

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, our riders played the main role in our armies then. The infantry wasn't very important. Usually a noble on horseback had a page and a squire who followed him as well as a few archers on horseback(or on foot). Such a group was called a spear. 20-25 spears made up a flag. A few flags made up an army.

At least according to this wikipedia page :D
    http://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lietuv...iuomenė#Lietuvi.C5.B3_karo_.C5.BEygiai_XIII_a.

So if we do have a unique unit, it's a rider. I have heard some theries about a type of riders called "Vytis", which is somewhat likely, since such a knight(a grand duke) is depicted on our coat of arms.

Make of that what you will. I might have made some mistakes, since history of those times is rather vague and unclear. And because the keyboard of this computer im using right now is strange.

16. The Waffle King

The Waffle King

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey man, mind if I use some parts of your map for a video I'm making? The terrain is just amazing and I felt like putting it on one of my videos, don't worry I'll give you credit :)

17. Link006

Link006

Resources:
    Resources:
    A short story I read: "a young lady bought and read a book. When she finished, she laid it aside, and made a mental note that it was the dullest book she had ever read. Not long after that, she met a young man, and in the course of time their friendship ripened into love. Then one night she said, "I have a book at my home that was written by a man whose name is exactly like yours. Isn't that a coincidence?" Upon learning the name of the book, the young man told her that he had written the book. That very night, when the young lady returned home, she took the book down from the shelf and reread it from beginning to end. This time she found it to be the most interesting book she had ever read. Why the difference? It was because this time she knew and loved the author. And so it is with the scriptures-you will enjoy them more as you learn to know and love the author."
    I think that it is possible to be close to nature and be faithful. The best example I can think of is Tom Brown, Jr. {http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Brown_(naturalist)} I was reading one of his books (http://www.amazon.com/Browns-Guide-Edible-Medicinal-Plants/dp/0425100634#_) and I noticed that a large portion of this book was about the creator and communication with nature. I know this doesn’t make much scientific sense, but I think if you give it a chance, you will see things differantly.

18. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree, it is truly possible. But it was not what christianity was doing back then.
    Of course, go ahead.

19. Noypi

Noypi

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like this cinematic; historical cinematic is rare, and this one is very good overall.

20. Fang

Fang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This a good map!