1. Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1.32.9 PTR PATCH NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Things have changed a fair amount since the mass balance changes back in November. Keepers used to get Thorns and Entangling Roots until the Force of Nature buff actually made the little summoned turds usable.

There was the Naga Sea Witch-second hero picked by almost every single class.

Dreadlord used to be a very strong first hero.

Many heroes which see little play these days are only seeing it because they aren't what the top players in the world would choose. Go into Bronze league and Silver league where you come across fewer cookie-cutter builds and you will probably see these underutilized units being out in force.

What you really want out of a game is to have the most interesting mechanics possible.

Dreadlord is only chosen for his Sleep. (CC)
    Keeper for Entangling Roots. (CC)
    Demon Hunter for Mana Burn. (anti-hero)
    Death Knight for Coil. (heal and damage alike)
    Crypt Lord for Beetles. (meat shield)
    Blademaster for Wind Walk. (harass, escape, steal, ambush, there's a reason this guy is so popular)

The best thing to do to improve the health of the game is not to buff or nerf damage here and there, but to improve the variety of "stuff" a hero can do.

Some examples of what I mean by "stuff" rather than "buff".

PotM - just focuses on ranged unit damage. Replace Trueshot Aura with something that increases the range of ranged units rather than their damage. This would add utility.

Blood Mage being able to Banish with an AoE or rework it to combine Siphon Mana and Banish into one ability that instantly siphons off some mana from the target. An additional ability for him to have could be something like the Tinker's Upgrade mechanic where it would add additional benefits to the hero, such as wider AoE or faster casting as you proposed.

Not saying these are "good changes" - I leave it to the experts to figure out what's busted - just saying that there is more to the game than tweaking damage numbers.

One thing I would suggest is that every class has at least one of each primary attribute hero to choose from: agility, intelligence and strength.

Mountain King could be reworked to an agility hero.
    Dreadlord could be reworked to be an agility hero.
    Keeper could be reworked to be a strength hero.

You also don't want too many good things on a hero. Some of the dudes you mentioned have a lot of strength already in the areas where they specialize in. It's probably for the best that Keeper's Thorns stays out of sight, considering how powerful his other options are.

2. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    When we will get features that existed back in classic, now nor classic or reforged has it.

-graphic menu brightness slide bar feature

-tileset info under the mini map while creating-hosting the map, both single player or online creation.
    Would be productive to have the same info while choosing campaign missions (this feature wasnt in classic for campaign i think)

-memorize the last created map at least in single player option i remember this was the case,and while wc3 was on.
    But i believe this was the case during reentering the wc3 too....

* Also i think it would be nice to have search option for map names while creating/host map both single or online creating of the game for hosts (since we dont have memory feature anymore, and since we dont have tileset info, and since its 21th centuary nd its painfull to scroll and dig for the maps...)

*Also it would be nice we get rid of chrome based main menu, get game based one, reorganised.
    Reorganised,specually in way where you : Have to switch between "create the game button" and "option where you choose visibility of the game".
    Can you try this one your self? Its ridicilious?

*Also it woud be nice to have ingame menu artisticly changed too, to match the style of main manu,lobby etc.

[​IMG]

Tnx for all your efforts you made for us. Keep up the good work guys, you are awesome! Dont pay attention on haters!

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hell no. That would be lamely overpowered and would kill the balance and gameplay of custom maps using the spell.
    Same for the others. One thing is to add on top of what we have and another thing entirely to just replace/change beyond recognition.

4. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I specifically said "this is an idea of a utility change" and to not take the change as in I'd literally want to see it appear in the game.

Additionally, you should note that balance changes don't typically find their way into the World Editor. Incinerate and Siphon Mana work very differently between the Editor and the actual game.

5. SharSash

SharSash

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hail the God of footprints
    [​IMG]

6. Juveqis

Juveqis

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:
    XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

8. Hermit

Hermit

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I know most people don't care about things like footprints, but I find it really irritating that it's been more than 17 years and they never fixed the numerous problems with footprints in any of the classic models.
    Goofs in classic models
    Many units have footprints that are too small or too big, e.g. Doom Guard's footprints are tiny; Villager Woman apparently has larger feet than Blood Mage.

Druid of the Claw is the only model with skeleton footprints; all skeleton models actually use boot footprints.

Spirit Pig model was based on Spirit Wolf, but the footprints were not changed from paws to cloven.

Archimonde and Eredar models don't have any footprints.

Villager Kids don't have right footprints, only left ones.

Succubi (aka Demoness) and Mur'gul Slave have event objects for footprints, but they are not used because of incorrect event tracks.

Faceless One has feet with two large toes, but uses boot footprints.

Dune Worm critter doesn't have legs, but leaves boot footprints during one of its stand animations.

There are also Object Editor things that would have taken less than a minute to fix:

The "Art - Special" field was mistakenly left empty in Jungle Stalker creeps, which makes them suddenly disappear instead of exploding when they are killed by an artillery attack or by "Finger of Pain/Death" abilities.

Warden and Crypt Lord have "Flesh" Armor Type instead of "Metal" and "Wood", respectively.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  9. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    When we will get real art changes. Art DESIGN changes ? Different models better than this ? New Models ?

When we will have a faitfull replica of both human and undead arthas from original game box cover ?

WHEEEEN ????? Are we damned forever to have those eyelash and drunk-punk-homless face forever in reforged ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

POOR NIGHTELF WOMEN. Smaller eyelash for them ....

10. MN Lahmar

MN Lahmar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I actually care about these things a lot. I've been pointing for years small things that can be fixed in a matter of minutes. Especially in the campaign. Like:
    The Master of Pain's attacks do not do any damage in the chapter "Lord of Outland".
    They misplaced an elevator in the trapped Crypt Fiends' room in the chapter "The Forgotten Ones".
    The terrain's decoration was horrible in some places of the map in chapters like "Into the Shadow Web Caverns" and "Ascent to the Upper Kingdom". etc

The sad part is that those things still exist in the Reforged campaign.

11. loktar

loktar

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    u srs? oh noes ardas haz eyelashuz

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The funny thing is the hair going behind the eye lashes :D

13. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    About the fixed random seed: it's so depressing to see the issue ignored for so long and finally fixed (pun intended) a couple of weeks after you are done for good with WE. Well, better now than never I suppose.

14. DealO

DealO

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm guessing that they're just taking random changes from the 1.33 development branch and putting them into these smaller patches to keep their "1 patch a month" promise while 1.33 is still in development.

15. disruptive_

disruptive_

Resources:
    Resources:
    I thought that exact same thing...
    These constant trivial patches are either a proof of Blizzard quietly scamming players (from out of nowhere they will put the game in maintenance mode) or the fact that they have an actual mega ambitious big update that still is not ready.

16. FallenStar

FallenStar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hopefully, by the time I die, we'll finally get custom campaigns back or any patch with actual usefulness or something the player base asked for...

17. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah, because blizzard activision is known for it's ambitious big updates for classic games with no foreshadowing

18. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I vote for #2. But I do not say it has to necessarily be for WC3, for something else may still be bound to resurrect soon.

19. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I would not count on this. The last patches have shown that they work with the models they have instead, slowly updating them and adressing stuff, like naga sea witches' ears.

Thatvs what i think as well. I don't think they want snother dumpster fire like the reforged launxh or some of the pre-reforged patches (remember the desynchs that happened when the hosting system got changed? I hope something like that won't happen)

20. Uncle

Uncle

Resources:
    Resources:
    We already know the next "big" update, they teased it not too long ago. It's the ranked mm/profile crap.