Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1.32.9 PTR PATCH NOTES UPDATE

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Oct 7, 2020.

1. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    *Yaaaawwwwn*

2. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So let's assume they added a native for changing a framehandle's position by pixels instead of whatever nonsense the current unit is called.

Would this turn all the responses in this thread into positive cheers of encouragement.
    I doubt it.

Anything short of bringing back custom campaigns would not get praise and even then it would probably be like "Finally took you long enough"

3. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    No because like in the patches I listed, the devs would probably forget to mention it in the changelog and it'd go unnoticed lol.
    It also really depends on what native(s) would be added, the example you gave would obviously be meh, but if it were something often-requested that exposes new functionality that wasn't possible before, I'm sure at least some people would be positive about that.

4. mori

mori

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Desperate WC3 modders really _do_ grasp at straws when trying to push the engine to its limits to make it do what it was never meant to do. Every native, however insignificant it may be, might open up new opportunities to explore.

Been there, done that.

With that said, these patches have really dragged out. It's almost a year since Reforged release and we're nowhere near the level of features that were being requested and promised.

Sad.

5. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    No footsteps this patch? inconceivable.

6. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Well, it looks like they finally fixed the shadows on the classic render mode after I personally messaged one of the developers and said that since last December when they broke those, I have been rewriting the game in part so that I can have my shadows back, and shared with him videos of my replica game and how it has shadows.

Inspiring really. Apparently if you to go great enough lengths, anything is possible.

Edit: Also, hats off to @d07.RiV
    In order to implement custom shadows in the game I'm writing, all I did was copy his code from the online Warcraft 3 map viewer he had been developing. Turns out... these things aren't really new concepts.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  7. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    hey, it's coronacrysis, small indie team can't afford keeping extra staff. The Janitor will back once offices are opened and continue work on those features. Just be patient.

8. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Someone asked me to see if Prioritize skill was customizable, so I set "Targets Allowed" to Ancient.

[​IMG]

This works, so then my gargoyle priotizes Night Elf Ancients as targets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This skill becomes even better then I first thought. Do clones of that skill work? A pitty that it is not visible , in the editor, on default.

10. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey there :)

I didn't see the "Prioritize" new skill at first read (hmm okay, I didn't really read once I've seen there was nothing related to the editor).

But it actually seems like a crazy addition for the modding community.

And I see you've already done some tinkering with, it's really impressive! The possibility of this ability for strategy maps is completely insane!
    Or even for "AI Commander" maps (maps where you'd handle large amount of AI armies).
    It would be crazy to be able to "modulate" your strategies through this skill and a smart categorization systems (infantry / archery / cavalry / artillery etc.).

Do we know if we can add multiple instance of this ability to the same unit and still get it work separately? (IE: have a unit focus flying OR ancient OR buildings with three instances of the ability).

What do you mean? We are not able to duplicate the ability? Or to even find it in the first place?

11. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It would be nice, if the non-working natives would be fixed. Right now, they only make the editor less user friendly.

12. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    More reverted changes and PTR patches on servers that people don't play on.
    They don't understand the necessary changes to improve they change nor do they have the balls to release a patch before reading angry comments in forums first.

13. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    On the PTR that skill is not visible in the ability editor, can't find it. But one can add it to units.

14. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I really like the functions of the targeting toggle. I will tinker sround with it when i got time. Honestly ivm not sure how exactly it works. Does anybody knows what happens if you set the targets to some invalid combination, like self+ward? Does something like this deactivate the auto attack or simply make the unit target everything like normal? Would be a nice workaround instead of adding a custom permanent invisibility or the worker-classification.

15. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The toggle ability is handy indeed. Some suggestions are listed below:
    1. Make this ability run a spell event
    2. Make this ability an instant-cast ability without interrupting the gargoyles.

16. Waffle

Waffle

Resources:
    Resources:
    In terms of natives my #1 and #2 wishes would be:
    1) Provide decent ways to sync data, such that you could sync save strings and such without relying on, admittedly excellent and impressive engineering, but high-overhead and super hacky user mode solutions. Also, some built in throttles mean that using some of the current custom syncing libraries inexpertly or to sync more data than expected can lead to lag and/or game freeze for literally a minute+. (I have a particular, specific, syncing prototype that got dropped in mind, not wild rumor, thus leading to autoload functionality being delayed on a certain map by several years)
    A decent start would be making SynceStoredString and friends actually work, but perhaps taking inspiration from one of the current jass libs for a new api would yield better results.

2) A proper local storage api so that we would not have to abuse preload natives as much. Currently the api is overly-powerful for the purpose of simply storing a small bit of (save) data locally, and blizzard has been paching it (read: breaking naive usages) way too frequently lately. A simple and secure-by-design approach that has a stable api and does not needlessly expose arbitrary filesystem traversal would be nice.

Nice to haves:
    3) Proper hashtables. (current implementations have most draconian api ever seen, need special handling from user in case 2 non-integer semantic keys have the same hash)
    4) Removing non-orthogonalities:
    • allow us to have code arrays. Yes i understand why they did it this way, but its not impossible, simply extra work, and would make certain code oth easier and more efficient to write.
    • Allow us to put data structures (arrays, hashtables, etc..) inside other data structures. This would naturally allow for multi-dimensional array syntax (At east for usage, but thats the one that really matters). Also, mappings from string or units to hashtables or arrays making certain metadata tracking easier.
    5) Make calling a native JASS2 function a natural GUI action such that I could create a library in JASS (for flexibility or efficiency) and then expose it to users with different expertise for safe and familiar usage. Currently having to use triggers is unnatural and actually directly invoking functions from GUI is prone to lead to errors that can be annoying to track down if not caught immediately.

17. PrinceOfThaWest

PrinceOfThaWest

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello there, is there any chance Custom Campaigns will ever make a comeback at all? I mean I understand they have to "add it", but I simply can't understand how you fuck up something that worked perfectly fine before you decided to improve it? And now it takes several patches of adding chicken footprints to add back an amazing feature which, again, worked perfectly!

18. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I would not expect Custom Campaigns to actually work properly on arrival when they do indeed
    finally arrive. It will probably require yet another amount of patches for that to change and the
    feature being as functional as it was in older versions.
    Just my two cents.

19. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think I am less sure about giving ghouls a proposed HP upgrade at T2. But there still needs to be a legitimate t2 melee for undead, either by making necro skeletons last longer/easier to make/give less XP, or by allowing ghouls to be sacrificed at the pit to become a stronger unit (zombie?).

Meat wagons should have a dispel so UD has a double dispel like all other races which doesn't force it to rush T3. It can be based on an ability that consumes corpses.

Also still hope at the start of melee maps there can be a countdown since load screen doesn't show how close game is to starting. I.e like using the Blizzard-made Grandprix start countdown of "3-2-1" with the sound effects.

20. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    I literally played a map of Minecraft where you could place blocks and make a custom 3d world, exit the Warcraft III Single Player map, join an online game with a friend, and then load the minecraft world you were building. It was made using the new sync natives which appear to be straightforward. Wasn't this the entire point of all the new sync natives? Could you be more specific about how these new sync natives fail to achieve what you are looking for?

Code (Text):
    native BlzTriggerRegisterPlayerSyncEvent           takes trigger whichTrigger, player whichPlayer, string prefix, boolean fromServer returns event
    native BlzSendSyncData                             takes string prefix, string data returns boolean
    native BlzGetTriggerSyncPrefix                     takes nothing returns string
    native BlzGetTriggerSyncData                       takes nothing returns string
    Isn't it guaranteed because of JASS2 string ordinals counting upward that we can always get a unique number for a string and we don't have to do whatever nonsense you are implying?

See the hashtable string native that was added along with the hashtables to solve exactly this problem in a straightforward non-draconian way:
    Code (Text):

native StringHash takes string s returns integer