• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.9 PTR PATCH NOTES UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
So maybe I’m completely wrong here, but it seems to me that Blizzard is interested in boosting the popularity of WC3 competitive melee games... and that’s it. I feel like they want to bring up to par with SC2, but that’s not going to happen. This hardly justifies the things they messed up. The biggest one to me (personally) is the fact that there are not custom campaigns. That is outrageous to a large portion of the community. For primarily that reason I still haven’t updated to Reforged and don’t plan to until we at least get back what we had. Even a show of faith would be something, but it’s always balance updates that don’t mean anything to me. (Not saying they don’t mean something to others) it would just be nice to have something to look forward to again...

I've said it a thousand times, so much so I hate repeating it: they should have never taken 1.31 away. They should have kept Reforged a separate executable and people would have treated it like a totally different game and the backlash wouldn't have been nearly as bad.

Level 19
I've said it a thousand times, so much so I hate repeating it: they should have never taken 1.31 away. They should have kept Reforged a separate executable and people would have treated it like a totally different game and the backlash wouldn't have been nearly as bad.
that costs much more than the current approach, and actiblizzard was never about real care for players, but for stakeholders' money

Level 5
DotA map is make by this patch? Or 1.26? Because it is only open in 1.26

Well the editor's ability of the 1.26 compared to the Reforged is vastly outmatched. I doubt that various 1.26 features will be implemented in the current patches, it would be a surprise if they did. But if Blizzard wanted to do this they would have to drop that "All maps are theirs" rule.
At any moment they could say Dota 1 is mine because it is in reforged. zzz. It is also one of the reasons why many mapmakers do not update their projects in the current War 3.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Little late to the party, but man that Prioritize ability is intriguing. Very interested in seeing what can be done with it.

Would love to see it be given a cool, more lore-fitting name, though. "Aerial Predation"? "Predator"? Kinda depends on exactly how it works, I suppose...

Little late to the party, but man that Prioritize ability is intriguing. Very interested in seeing what can be done with it.

Would love to see it be given a cool, more lore-fitting name, though. "Aerial Predation"? "Predator"? Kinda depends on exactly how it works, I suppose...
I think the simple name is fine, since it's not a mana costing ability and it's related to the basic attack command. You don't name Attack Ground "Rain Hell On Your Enemy" even though that is cooler...

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I agree; it should also have its own icon instead of sharing it with Immolation.
Oh of course.

Wait, were they just gonna ship it with the Immolation placeholder??

I think the simple name is fine, since it's not a mana costing ability and it's related to the basic attack command. You don't name Attack Ground "Rain Hell On Your Enemy" even though that is cooler...
Stuff like that (the basic commands, that every faction has), sure.

But they didn't give the Knights a new ability & call it "Medium-Armor Killer"; they gave it a fun, flavorful name, because that's the kind of game Warcraft is.

Status
Not open for further replies.