• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.8 PTR PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.32.8 PTR PATCH NOTES

Blizzard said: blizzarrow.gif

August 4, 2020

ART

• Breath of Frost spell effect now displays at full quality in Reforged mode.
  • Tuskarr Trapper projectile is no longer invisible in Classic mode.
  • Adjusted Priestess of the Moon’s positioning within her selection circle in Reforged mode.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing the Classic mode version of the Blood Wizard to not display.
  • The spell effect for Dragonhawk Rider’s Aerial Shackles is more visible in Reforged mode.
  • The spell effect for Faerie Dragon’s Mana Flare is more visible in Reforged mode.
  • The spell effect for Destroyer’s Orb of Annihilation in Reforged mode is larger, to better fit the area it affects.
  • The spell effect from Protection Scroll is more visible in Reforged mode.
  • Many units that were added in Reforged now have shadows in Classic mode.
  • Rokhan’s selection splat is now centered.

VERSUS
  • Added obfuscation to player names in FFA games.
  • Crypt Lord - Level 2 and Level 3 Carrion Beetles hit points reduced from 330/490 to 275/410.
    • Developers’ notes: While we are not doing a full balance pass in this patch, we do want to add a balance tweak. Although we like that the Crypt Lord has provided a new macro-oriented opener for Undead, we have concerns about how effectively it transitions into the mid-game, specifically with how effectively Level 2 beetles are able to harass enemy workers. At the same time, we’d like to preserve the uniqueness of the beetles; that is, that they are permanent summons and have access to Burrow. Therefore, we’re targeting their ability to tank damage. Reducing beetle hit points will require players to pay more attention to their beetles and reduce their ability to damage before being forced to burrow.

CUSTOM GAMES

• Adjusted the bottom of the Custom games lobby list to keep games at the bottom of the UI from being blocked by the buttons.
  • Added tooltips for Custom Game creation options.

GAMEPLAY

• Burrowed Crypt Fiends no longer retain their Web ability after being reanimated via Animate Dead.
    • Developers’ notes: This was a legacy bug. While a corner case scenario, it only happened to Crypt Fiends who were literally burrowed, killed then had Animate Dead cast on them, we still wanted to address this since it went against the rules of how Animate Dead is supposed to work.
  • Added a tooltip to the Disease Cloud ability on Plague Ward.

USER INTERFACE

• Added a toast when a replay has been successfully downloaded.

Please note: These PTR Patch Notes are a work in progress and will be updated with further changes before the release of Patch 1.32.8.

Last edited:
Level 18
Two non listed but important for sd map makers (esp the first one) bug fixes:
Classic wisp (and I imagine other units with particles) portrait fixed when iseedeadpeople wasn't on (it dimmed very low for some reason).
Deep water no longer shows tiles below it, transparency of the water fixed to 1.26 levels.

4 bugs more from my thread remaining though.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Added a toast when a replay has been successfully downloaded.

what?
replaytoast.png
It's a meme dude.

Level 23
My comments on CL: I just want to say, it has been really refreshing seeing a hero besides the DK being viable for Undead. Despite the number of people who complain about CL, the two best undead players still play the standard DK + Crypt friends, at least to my knowledge. If CL is further nerfed, then it will probably never have a chance at being a real option, in my opinion. Many people may say CL is being picked more often, but Archmage with its Water Ele is almost always chosen first for Humans. Being picked more should not equal being overpowered.

If anything, the CL beetles have provided what the undead race has always lacked: a strong T2 melee equivalent, since ghouls are too weak mid-game. Humans have spellbreakers, and orcs have raiders, but UD has always been lacking in melee unit choice before abominations. Unless CL is used by the best UD players instead of the standard DK + Fiends, I would hope the Blizz team will allow the CL to stay strong, because the same Death Knight + Fiends combo has, at least from my perspective, negatively affected Undead as a race for the past 15 years, both from a viewership point of view as well as from a playability point of view.

If I were balancing, it would be the impale that would be nerfed and not the beetles, because if the impale is strong, then UD will simply always pick it as a third hero (we want diverse 1st- hero picks, not always DK + Lich + a diverse 3rd- hero pick). Beetles, like any summon, are far weaker lategame, so weakened beetles won't effect people who just pick CL third for its impale as a supplement to its Nova/Coil power.

If anything nerf is required, I suggest put make beetle burrow dependant on the research for crypt fiends' burrow ability.

Level 13
The updates are still going. That's good. At this pace we'll get properly working custom campaigns just a few months after Diablo IV comes out. Keep going Blizzard!

(credits to @MasterBlaster )

Level 23
The reason I mention beetle burrow could/should be dependent on the crypt fiend's research ability is because right now, CL is pigeon-holed into just fast expansion. This means its upgrade to Halls of the Dead will naturally be far later, and since the burrow research needs t2 in order to research, it will delay beetles being able to burrow for a longer period of time.

I know I mentioned it above, but the main issue is CL is still not being used successfully over standard DK first by top undead players, so nerfing it despite this fact just makes me kind of sad that a new route for UD is being squashed right after it was brought to life.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Can you please stop calling spell effects or footprints under ART or ART CHANGES, cause real changes are Art DESIGN changes.

Depends on the details.
If they fixed the bug by editing the model then it is an art update. There is no official definition of what to put where in your patch notes.
If they fixed the bug with code, then it's not.

Obviously they are going for the whole "These changes do not affect gameplay itself and are only visual" which kinda-sorta falls under art. Even if I would personally just rename it to visuals.

Level 13
In case someone's interested, but hasn't seen already:

Activision Blizzard to Release Second Quarter 2020 Financial Results on August 4, 2020 | Activision Blizzard, Inc.
https://investor.activision.com/static-files/38b2bc2f-cdd8-4e51-b5da-8da553b53637

Surprise! Warcraft 3 Refunded wasn't even mentioned!

Things I find important in short. Activision is thriving. Call of Duty Warzone is apparently a huge success. Activision MAUs have risen significantly, it's net revenues have almost doubled, and operating income has tripled. King is also doing really well, as expected. Blizzard doesn't seem to be doing as well, and their growth doesn't seem to be as big, especially considering the COVID-19 situation. World of Warcraft, Overwatch and Hearthstone were their only mentioned games.

Last edited:
Level 13
heck no meaningful campaign changes? looks like they aren't gonna bother renewing the contract with LemonSky again
Well, either that, or LemonSky could be working on models for D2R (they did models for both ScR and Wc3R), heck I'm beginning to think they've stopped working on Wc3R models cause Blizzard told them to move on to D2R.

Level 3
wow what a bunch of absolutely nothing, but hey maybe in a few years the game will finally have all the features the original 18 year old game had, what a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.