• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.3 PATCH NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Starcraft Remastered happened before Blizzard suffered PR scandals, shifted to mobile and most importantly before the massive lay-offs. So I'd imagine that "not priority games"(every game except Hearthstone and Overwatch) had their teams butchered. I'd imagine that Classic team got butchered as well, and that there are now like 80% fewer people in the Classic team than when SR was in the makings. I'd also imagine that SCII and HotS teams were also butchered to a point that they're barely left standing to support their own games, so they weren't really able to help with Reforged. I've also heard Bellular say that even WoW's team now bearly has enough people to keep the game running. On top of that, I imagine that they've realocated many employees that weren't fired to work on Diablo 4, so basically there was really no one to develope Reforged, especially after the "scaeling down" of the whole project(I'd say circa March 2019), I imagine after that there were like literarly 5 people left to work on Reforged.

Here are the credits for Starcraft: Remastered and Warcraft III: Reforged.

There was definitely turnover, but both games had roughly similar in-house team sizes. Some departments are slightly larger than before, some slightly smaller. A quick LinkedIn search shows that almost all of the people listed in the WC3R credits in the Art, Design, and Engineering departments are still employed at Blizzard. The main departure was Lead Artist Brian Sousa, who left the company two months before release.

Some of the things you imagined are clearly incorrect, others cannot be proven or disproven due to lack of information, but I doubt that there are currently 5 people on the Classic Games team.

Level 14
@Hyperdrift him leaving didnt really change anything at this point, he already mangled the art with his cluelessness and "superiority" complex over original developers for wc3 which he shown on both blizzcon panels by laughing at original art. He didnt get anything that Samwise didier and og team was going for totally missing the mark in every single way.

Level 19
Level 18
Guys, let's be realistic, Warcraft 3 HD? I admit one can dream but:
1) they literally just released 2 high-risk RTS genre "remaster" games
2) both of them got moderate to trash critics

I don't think we can expect any type of RTS release in the years to come (aside from mobile adaptation).

We can only expect Reforged to get better over time. That's the only thing we'll ever get.

So I'd say let's try to make it better, or forget about Warcraft as a game.

EDIT: I'd really wish to see a comprehensive and compiled list of required changes.

EDIT2: I even have the feeling that we have to tell them how they should monetize the game if they want to make money (= more updates for us).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
If you look at the hundreds of complaints and nitpicks I'd be surprised if any studio managed to fix it within a year.
3tlgpk.jpg

Level 20
I only just caught up with the news and... just wow.

It's nice that they're fixing some (minor) things, but if I'm to be honest - reading these patch notes, I'm only more happy that I refunded when I did.

And this quote:

We’ll continue to share more details as those features are nearing release
Is by far the saddest part of these patch notes, because as relieved as I am to hear that they are indeed working on bringing back custom campaigns, the quote implies that despite it being like what - 2 months after release? - they're still not close to being released.

At this rate, I'd even go as far as to guess that we might not see custom campaigns until 2021.

Last edited:
Level 18
I'm wondering what it was about. Tried to find on the internet but no clue. Their communication is really trash... but on the other hand I guess they can't find anyone to take care of the PR... nobody wants to get torched to death.

Level 3
What a crock of shit. Either they give us the classic Warcraft 3 back or they can fuck right off. Since the former's not likely, the latter has to suffice.

Level 8
I personally don't think the big problem with Reforged is the developers. I think the big problem is with Activision/Blizzard's crappy execs and their piss poor decision making. On the bright side, things should only get better from here.

Level 16
Guys, let's be realistic, Warcraft 3 HD? I admit one can dream but:
So I'd say let's try to make it better, or forget about Warcraft as a game.

EDIT2: I even have the feeling that we have to tell them how they should monetize the game if they want to make money (= more updates for us).
I can't just forget. And I'm done with helping and hoping to make it 'better', because if this could happen, then realistically it will never get better. That's the situation here.
Monetize it? It wasn't free to begin with.

I cannot believe people are still throwing shit.
Either you refunded and don't care
Or you did not, which means you are knowingly in it for the long game.
edit: or thirdly you are delusional and expect 100 issues to fixed in a week
Issues won't ever be fixed. I just want the old game back. Can they do that? Would the do that? I never bought Reforged, I suppose my faith in blizz was low to start with, but I secretly hoped to be wrong, that they would surprise me for the good.

I don't care about Reforged, I care about WcIII, a game they stole from me, as a customer. Tell me one person who was OK with them removing total access to Classic? Did they even ask, man? They acted like they own the game, therefore we need to abide or perish, and I chose to walk away from these cunts instead.

Classic's dead and will never be updated again.
Agree.

yeah free game no bitching
2 months btw
not a week
This.

If you look at the hundreds of complaints and nitpicks I'd be surprised if any studio managed to fix it within a year.
Obviously, all of these issues should not be in a released game but that's beside the point.

And nothing prevents you from playing an old copy of classic, invalid argument.
What do you mean nothing prevents you? How? Legally speaking, w/o the PTR which is NOT the actual game. How can we play classic?

And nitpicks? They removed major features, that's not nitpicking.

This clusterfuck will go on at least till the end of this year, I'm sure
It will die before it reaches mid 2020. Wc3 will die.

I don't get it tbh. The old game isn't gone (it certainly wasn't "stolen"), you just can't download it from Blizzard's site anymore.
Sure the old battle.net is gone, but how many games have had a decent official multiplayer for 18 years? Tbh we were lucky to have had it this long.

Which isn't to say it doesn't suck that the old multiplayer pretty much gone, but no one was entitled to it, not for this long.
Let's not forget that it costs money to maintain the servers and keep the system running and up to date.

Level 16
I don't get it tbh. The old game isn't gone (it certainly wasn't "stolen"), you just can't download it from Blizzard's site anymore.
Sure the old battle.net is gone, but how many games have had a decent official multiplayer for 18 years? Tbh we were lucky to have had it this long.

Which isn't to say it doesn't suck that the old multiplayer pretty much gone, but no one was entitled to it, not for this long.
Let's not forget that it costs money to maintain the servers and keep the system running and up to date.
I mean to have the game. Not the multiplayer aspect, the actual vanilla game. Other than owning a CD copy it's impossible to have in official channels anymore.

I'm not entitled to the servers, or to anything. I am entitled however, to have a choice weather I want to download 32GB of unwanted data, or if I'd rather remain on the old side of the fence, and just hold classic for what it is, without the sadly now gone multiplayer aspect.

I am entitled to have a choice in this matter, is what I'm saying. But I didn't have that choice. And it was never revealed to us, this grand plan.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
When you want to test a map alone to practice new strategies but can't use cheats because there is no singleplayer, so you try through world editor as the only option. But the map is protected so you can't do absolutely shit.
DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKEN BLIZZARD

Level 16
Richard here summed up a complete civilized and unbiased opinion about the core things they did wrong with reforged, and he has deep knowledge of the game, like the most of us.
the positive thing he said is: he thinks all the miss can be fixed in a year or so (even though he wishes the release was delayed 1 year).

I kinda agree. it must takes time.

what do you think @OutsiderXE @deepstrasz @Anaxie

Edit:
tbh some graphics looks cool, but im still attached to the classic graphics.

the game just "feels" diferent on reforged.

Last edited:
Level 3
2 months after this mess was released and there still no significant progress made in fixing this garbage, just why, the original game was perfect as it was, there was no need to complete screw it up like this, i will never not be mad about these incompetents idiots killing my favorite game just to have a chance of getting some extra money, im kinda glad it backfired so badly onto them but not at the same time because WC3 is dead and im absolutely devastated because of that, seriously, you google "warcraft 3" and only Reforged images show up, its disgusting, WC3 will only be renembered from now on as this disastrous game called reforged and not the original, soulfull and amazing game it was, screw modern blizzard and all they stand for

Level 13
I will buy it once Custom csmpaigns become available. Then I will play the Blizzard campaigns and afterwards decide how much time I want continue to invest in this game.
Uhm.....uhm....honestly, you can replay the Campaign just now. I mean basically those are reskinned Campaigns. Sure there are three redone chapters, new The Culling is good, the other two, Fall of Silvermoon and Siege of Dalaran, are not impressive in any way, and honestly to me felt like worse versions of the previouse maps. I mean, I'mnot saying that new The Culling is better than the old one, but it's not obviously worse, and was fun and visually good, which I can't say about the other two. There are also some cinematic tweaks here and there especially in RoC Human and Undead Campaigns, like changed camera angles and some new animations added to the cinematic. But outside of those two Campaigns I can safely say that the other Campaigns are 99% reskinned, I mean sure there are some small changes like Mannoroth cutting his hand to defile the Fountain, extra dooads to make Tomb of Sargeras from the Outside, some Lordaeron dooads when Sylvanas is attacking the Capital, rearanged Dalaran chapters in TfT Blood Elf Campaign a bit to reflect the new Dalaran, but honestly all of these changes are hardly noticable, and the Campaigns(not counting RoC Human and Undead) really look and feel like reskins. The most obviouse is the Rexxar Campaign which I can safely say is 100% a reskin. They didn't even bother to fix the Ogres using Draenei huts, and I don't think even the purists would mind if they changed that.

All in all what I'm trying to say here, is if for Blizzard Campaigns, the game is definitely not worth buying.
2 months after this mess was released and there still no significant progress made in fixing this garbage, just why, the original game was perfect as it was, there was no need to complete screw it up like this, i will never not be mad about these incompetents idiots killing my favorite game just to have a chance of getting some extra money, im kinda glad it backfired so badly onto them but not at the same time because WC3 is dead and im absolutely devastated because of that, seriously, you google "warcraft 3" and only Reforged images show up, its disgusting, WC3 will only be renembered from now on as this disastrous game called reforged and not the original, soulfull and amazing game it was, screw modern blizzard and all they stand for
Honestly, it didn't backfire enoough. Surely they lost some money, but overall it's not that much. I reckon some 70% of people who ever bought Reforged have refunded, but some 80% already forgot that Refunded fiasco ever happened. Sure there are people who Refunded and still care, but most people who Refunded forgot already that the game ever existed, and there are people who didn't even bother to refund, they just saw that the game sucks and stoped playing after a week, and forgot that they owned the game and that it even exists in two weeks. And now with WoW TBC all but confirmed, I'm fairly certain that 96% of people that have wined on Battle.net and either refunded or not, will be giving Blizzard their sweet money again, for basically no work, once TBC is out. :( I here was originally very excited about TBC, but after Refunded fiasco, I don't think I'll be playing it.

Level 28
Uhm.....uhm....honestly, you can replay the Campaign just now. I mean basically those are reskinned Campaigns. ... All in all what I'm trying to say here, is if for Blizzard Campaigns, the game is definitely not worth buying.
Yes, playing reskinned campaigns is exactly the point of me wanting to replay them. And I agree it's not worth it, which is why I'm waiting for custom campaigns to come back before I buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.