• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.10 PTR PATCH NOTES UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.32.10 PTR PATCH NOTES UPDATE

Blizzard said:

March 29, 2021

Lok Tar!

The development team would like to thank the community for all of your testing and feedback over the last two weeks.

We’ve decided update the PTR with changes that address much of your feedback. We have also changed the format of these patch notes to help track what is being updated, added, and reverted.

We want this patch to focus primarily on the Undead vs Human matchup, as these changes do affect other matches. However, considering recent premiere tournaments and feedback, we have decided to add some additional changes to the other races. Please continue to test and give feedback on our latest changes.

Once again, thank you to all who continue to test and send us feedback.

–The Warcraft 3 Team

UNDEAD
  • Acolyte hit point regeneration while on Blight reduced from 4 to 3 hp per second.
  • Rod of Necromancy cooldown reduced from 26 to 24.
  • Ritual Dagger cost reduced from 125 to 100.
  • Cryptlord’s Impale hero stun duration reduced from 1/2/3 to 1/.1.5/2.
  • Boneyard no longer requires sacrificial pit.
  • Cryptlord’s Impale damage reduced from 75/120/165 to 60/105/150.
  • Frost Armor’s on hit duration now scales 3/5/7.

HUMAN
  • Improved Lumber tech requirement removed.
  • Advanced Lumber tech requirement changed from Castle to Keep.
  • Knights have Sundering Blades by default.
  • Priest Dispel range increased from 600 to 700.
  • Towers now repair 5 seconds faster.
  • Siege Engine experience bounty reduced from 85 to 60.
  • Thunderclap AOE reduced from 300/350/400 to 300/325/350.

NIGHT ELVES
  • Druid of the claw starting mana increased from 100 to 125.
  • Mountain Giant Second Taunt removed.
  • Mana Flare damage per mana increased from 3 to 4.
  • Mana Flare max damage increased from 90 to 100.
  • Faerie Dragon base damage reduced from 13 to 12.

ORCS
  • Scroll of speed cost increased from 50 to 70.
  • Serpent Wards experience bounty increased from 12.5/20/30 to 12.5/30/42.5.

NEUTRAL
  • Pandaren Brewmaster’s strength and intelligence increased by 1.
  • Breath of Fire max damage increased from 480/720/1080 to 480/800/1200.

ITEMS
  • Alleria’s Flute of Accuracy bonus reduced from 0.1 to 0.75.
  • Ancient Janggo of Endurance bonuses reduced from 0.05/0.1 to 0.03/0.075.
  • Khadgar’s Pipe of Insight bonus reduced from 0.75 to 0.5.
  • Legion Doom-Horn bonuses reduced from 0.5 / 1.0 to 0.3 / 0.75.
  • Scourge Bone Chimes bonus reduced from 0.2 to 0.15.
  • Warsong Battle Drums bonus reduced from 0.1 to 0.075.
  • The Lion Horn of Stormwind bonus reduced from 2 to 1.5.
  • All items resell percentage increased from 50% to 65% of the item’s original cost.
  • Scroll of Town Portal cost reduced from 350 to 325.

BUGFIXES
  • Fixed an issue of inconsistent rally flag behavior on Goldmines which could reveal player locations in the Fog of War.

Level 12
I think they should concentrate on bringing custom campaigns back now. You can forever try to balance things one way or another and never get too much forward.
This game is 15+ years old so the spells are the same (most) if you balance buff and nerf something each patch we get to nowhere...
They should at least try to bring back all features we had before reforged... and balancing would be secondary... in my opinion as you said :)

I think they should concentrate on bringing custom campaigns back now. You can forever try to balance things one way or another and never get too much forward.

This game is 15+ years old so the spells are the same (most) if you balance buff and nerf something each patch we get to nowhere...
They should at least try to bring back all features we had before reforged... and balancing would be secondary... in my opinion as you said :)
At least patches mean that there is the continued possibility of these features returning.

Level 5
OK, open the source code, find the balance parameters and change their value, then compile the game. Those things could be finished in one minute by kids.
lol, but really, I remember making maps for Wc3 back in elementary school (many years ago) and I knew all of that stuff plus some other tricks. :] I was passionate about the game and map editing back then.

OK, open the source code, find the balance parameters and change their value, then compile the game.
The numeric game balance data is not a part of the sourcecode. Even as a map maker, you can open the default units and abilities as a series of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets literally using Microsoft Excel and change the data that was modified in this patch.

Edit:
This comment does not apply to the Rally Point behavior. That is special and is a part of the game sourcecode and requires more effort. (Just wanted to give credit where credit is due here)

Last edited:
Level 3
Still waiting for all features they broke, including fixing bugs that never were there, removing unnecessary 30GB space and reverting to old UI for Classic users.
So yeah, they must be working something epic behind the scenes, a new hope.

I hope them delete all the HD model-related files and just remain the HD rendering engine.

Level 10
What was the last patch that brought some of the missing features into the game?

I couldn't care less about balancing and missing footsteps on water, but I really want to think there is some hope for Reforged. Sadly from the patch notes, I don't get that feeling. Not even a hint of effort making the game complete and worth the money. It's depressing, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.