• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.31 world editor deletes names of custom units and abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Everytime i save and open a map with my WE the names of units and abilities and all their descriptions get completely erased, i've found a few threads from when 1.31 just came out with the same issue but they all just said something like "wait for a hotfix" and i couldn't find any further solution. It's been atleast a year since then so does anyone know how to fix this?

it might not be a bug but a feature, when the map has wts-Files for multiple languages (like blizzard melee maps) then the editor writes into the neutral wts-File but displays your unchanged language wts-File. Which then looks like it would forget the Strings. In such a case remove all wts files in the import manager.

Level 4
I think someone had already complained this issue before:
World Editor Missing String Bug on 1.31
Unfortunately, this problem has never being fixed by Blizzard when the game was turned into Reforged, so you might want an older version of WC3.
That's what i was fearing, posted this because the other threads didn't have answers... Is it possible to make a map on an older version but then play it on 1.31? Or will there be some issues?

Level 29
That's what i was fearing, posted this because the other threads didn't have answers... Is it possible to make a map on an older version but then play it on 1.31? Or will there be some issues?
There are too many bugs that Blizzard never fixed them with Reforged release (happened on 1.31), along with this "Missing String" problem:

1.Some triggers are broken if you attempt to save-load several times (Here, Here). Although it does affect the "specific-unit event" triggers, the "generic-unit event" triggers don't. This is perhaps the biggest problem when you played the older map on 1.31 so far. Custom Campaign had biggest consequence as a result of this bug: You won't be able to complete the main/optional quest because in certain points the important cutscenes that are the key to the quest didn't trigger.
2.Custom Campaign is broken: After completing the campaign, some chapters were missing. This is due to the fact "Campaigns.w3p" and "Campaigns.w3v" files are broken on 1.31 (Here).
3.After exiting the score screen by clicking OK (after clicking Quit Game) or by using "Exit Program", continuous black screen occurs. This is probably caused by the memory leak (Here). Based on this thread, the only way to stop this problem is by using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and terminate the process or by force shutdown/restart.

Aside from those bugs, I heard that single player campaign (both Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne) had too many bugs. The most annoying one was the missing inventory for Tyrande (Night Elf) and Grom (Orc):
Warcraft 3 1.31 Bug (Blizzard Forum)

Level 4
Oh wow that's alot worse than i thought! Guess I'll play on an older version after all, only attachment i had to 1.31 was the warcraft 3 alternate campaign. Glad i caught this before actually making huge progress with my map

Status
Not open for further replies.