• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] World Editor 1.31 Doodad limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Is there any way to bypass the doodad limit in the WE 1.31? I used WEX previously but I have upgraded my map to the most recent version as I want to develop in the updated world editor. I can't make WEX work with anything over 1.29 so that's why I'm asking this. I can stay within the doodad limit if I delete a lot of doodads and place them smarter, but it would be a lot more convenient for me to just bypass it and not have to think about it at all.

Level 20
I can't think of any solution with the standard editor. If you're using the same doodads a lot, a workaround would be to create custom models and merge these into a single model (e.g. create a patch of trees instead of a single tree), so in the end they would count as a single doodad.

I can't think of any solution with the standard editor. If you're using the same doodads a lot, a workaround would be to create custom models and merge these into a single model (e.g. create a patch of trees instead of a single tree), so in the end they would count as a single doodad.

I did think about this to be honest, but I have no idea how to do that. My biggest problem is shrubs, mushrooms, river rushes and trees so yeah making a cluster/patch of those doodads would definitely solve my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.