• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doodad Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys, just wondered if anybody knew if it were possible to increase the doodad limit on world edit? As i have an in depth forest level which is 256 x 256, which is quite big :) and once you include tree's, flowers and various other doodads it can reach the limit quickly. Any suggestions?

Thanks! :grin:

Level 8
For cakes sake listen to MYHummeR, to many Doodads = Proplems!

Try stay under the limit =P ALL THE TIME, there is a reason for it.

And the unit to doodad idea: You can use this as secret paths like: A tree UNIT that is attackable but the rest is not. ONLY a few times i recommend this, or your Wc3 will lag like... lag =P

Level 16
They all are bugged as hell, Use NewGen Editor It works 100% , just go to Grimoire section in NewGen and Enable No Limits and there ye go. One problem Anti-Virus program Kaspersky might suspect NewGen as threat cuz NewGen use injections...

Anyway NewGen: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999

Man JNGP and NewGen are the same...

Level 9
Voardor, just donwload and use NewGen (link provided by Child_Of_Bodom/ Azeroc) and place as many ddls as you want, don't be afraid.
MYHummeR isn't right.

I have made more than 2 maps that have more than 16000 ddls and nobody said one of those maps have lag or something.

I mean, yes...there may be people who will get lag: those who have medieval PCs:at:

Level 6
Voardor, just donwload and use NewGen (link provided by Child_Of_Bodom/ Azeroc) and place as many ddls as you want, don't be afraid.
MYHummeR isn't right.

I have made more than 2 maps that have more than 16000 ddls and nobody said one of those maps have lag or something.

I mean, yes...there may be people who will get lag: those who have medieval PCs:at:

It all depends on what doodads you use... If you use trees and such, it will lagg... if you use like flowers, it wont lagg 2 much.

Level 9
Voardor, the conclusion is:
Place as many trees in your map as you want, there's no problem in doing this.
However, to be able to be able to do so, download NewGen.
That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.