• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Doodad limit (going over it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Is it possible to go over the doodad limit ? I'm working on a LOAP/ORPG and its a 256 x 256 map is it possible in an way to go over the limit ?!:cry:

If someone can help me I will give credit to you in the map :grin:

Level 34
A) Don't make 256x256 maps. I've never played a good one.
B) With a size like that, use doodads more sparingly. Tile variation is your best friend.
C) Yes, but it's not worth it. I can't remember what does, I don't think MiscData does, maybe WEU, or NewGen.

Level 19
Megafyr, that statement is incorrect. It will be playable by everyone as long as they have WC3 uptodate and installed.

Use JNGP like Rui sujested, its like WEU with all the junk removed and more good things added.

Well, what I have experienced is that by saving a map in WEU the map didn't show up ingame even though I saved it in the right folder and everything. It might just be that my computer is fucked, but since I've had this problem on 2computers I also find this very unlikely.

I once made a start on a single player RPG in WEU, and everyone I sent the map to claimed that they couldn't open it. They could of course all have been a bunch of unintellegent morons, but I find that very unlikely too. I sent the map to a very experienced WC3 modder, and he also was unable to open it.

Have you tested saving maps with WEU and opening them ingame? Because if you can do it, I don't understand why I can't do it. xD

Level 1
Thanks all

A) Don't make 256x256 maps. I've never played a good one.
B) With a size like that, use doodads more sparingly. Tile variation is your best friend.
C) Yes, but it's not worth it. I can't remember what does, I don't think MiscData does, maybe WEU, or NewGen.

Anyone from here up will be included in the help menu and all of Hives will be thanked,

And it looked very nic with all the nice brush and mushrooms around even the most unnoticable areas combined weith my texturing but I guess im gonna have to cool it for now, ill be posting some screenshots of the map sometime thanks guys!

Level 34
I like how you picked out the one guy that was kind of a jerk to quote and thank. : P

Your welcome. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.