1. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

[General] World Editor 1.31 Doodad limit

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by FeelsGoodMan, May 25, 2019.

1. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello

Is there any way to bypass the doodad limit in the WE 1.31? I used WEX previously but I have upgraded my map to the most recent version as I want to develop in the updated world editor. I can't make WEX work with anything over 1.29 so that's why I'm asking this. I can stay within the doodad limit if I delete a lot of doodads and place them smarter, but it would be a lot more convenient for me to just bypass it and not have to think about it at all.

2. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I can't think of any solution with the standard editor. If you're using the same doodads a lot, a workaround would be to create custom models and merge these into a single model (e.g. create a patch of trees instead of a single tree), so in the end they would count as a single doodad.

3. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did think about this to be honest, but I have no idea how to do that. My biggest problem is shrubs, mushrooms, river rushes and trees so yeah making a cluster/patch of those doodads would definitely solve my problem.

4. GhostHunter123

GhostHunter123

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  5. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can't open maps made in 1.31 with this, or else it would have been a good suggestion :p