• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Editor 1.31 > integer array variable not visible in GUI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm coding in GUI with editor 1.31. I just noticied that when I edit an integer variable, my globals of type integer array are not visible, and thus selectable, so I can't use them.

In the example below, I used Easy Item Stack n' Split by Dangerb0y and thus I should see a "EasyItem___integer" variable of type integer array.

So.
- Is it a known world editor 1.31 issue ?
- Is there a better workaround than replacing the GUI line by a custom script with the JASS version ? :)

upload_2019-9-8_8-57-52.png

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You will need to post more details. Such as what build (x86 or x86-64) of World Editor you are using as well as a demonstration map and a sequence of instructions to recreate the bug. After verifying the issue can be recreated by others it can then be forwarded to William.

You will need to post more details. Such as what build (x86 or x86-64) of World Editor you are using as well as a demonstration map and a sequence of instructions to recreate the bug. After verifying the issue can be recreated by others it can then be forwarded to William.

Sorry I convinced myself that everybody would experience the same issue, that is was systematic.

Attached is a test map (I removed all useless triggers, only kept the variables). Just fo your info, this is a map converted from 1.30.4 a few months ago, and now edited with WorldEditor 1.31b (I tried both 32 and 64bits).

The strange thing is someow, for my test variable "EasyItem_integer" integer array:

• If I converted my code to JASS, there is no global declaration for EasyItem_integer, but the trigger uses a variable named "EasyItem_integer" and it compiles..
  • In variable editor, somehow "Variable type" displays nothing (I just discovered it).
upload_2019-9-8_10-13-16.png

• In trigger1's last instruction, if you try to change the slot from 1 to EasyItem_integer[0], you can't because the variable doesn't appear in the list.

Maybe I can try checking all my variables, and reset their "variable type" properly. However it will ruin the triggers using the variables (by disabling all lines using the variable) if I change their type in GUI.. Or maybe if I cut the trigger to another map, change the variable, then paste the trigger back in the current map ?

Attachments

• IntegerArrayIssues.w3x
    1 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
- Is it a known world editor 1.31 issue ?
It is known to me. This is a gui bug when an gui variable is found as first use in a loop-Iterator or as condition. The Editor copies it, but as an different subtype of integer which is rejected by world Editors typesafety. Also this subType has not an worldEditor string hence it is empty.
To fix that one adds a set Action of that variable as first Action in the Systems trigger and copies it, than the variable Generator detects the type, after the copying this addtional action can be removed again.

Through you have to delete the variable and recopy it again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.