• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Variable Integer for Loop (Changes to None after pasting in other map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So this problem happens to all Variable Interger used for loops from a map.

When i copy a trigger with a variable integer for loop let just say GLOBAL_LOOP (Integer) Array [12]

Then after posting the trigger into another map.. the global loop can't be used again...

When i open it in the Variables Window.. i noticed that it becomes..

GLOBAL_LOOP (None) Array [12]

and also if i create a trigger the GLOBAL_LOOP doesn't show up!...

I try changing the Type to Integer but it DISABLES all the triggers that uses the GLOBAL_LOOP..

And it takes me 1-2 hours in reentering the GLOBAL_LOOP to enable the triggers

I need someone who is expert in World Editor program not on GUI triggering to answer this problem..

You can't solve this by creating a trigger in the world editor..

This problem is somewhat internal .. It happens even on JNGP...

Level 33
This happens also to Real Variable Events(See Game Events)
The only solution to this problem is returning it into an integer then fill all the triggers that uses this variable.

Sorry.

But,if you want to make it easier,create an integer variable for every integer loop,because this might cause collisions and may result to map crash if you didnt.

Level 29
i believe this is a problem w the way wc3 handles the variables when copying a trigger from one map to another. you may be able to stop this if u uncheck the create variables on pasting( not sure about exact name) and manually creating the variables b4 u paste the new triggers in the new map. Im not sure tho as i have never tried this.

Status
Not open for further replies.