1. Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(1.31) Custom script: "Any unit takes damage" event

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Setokaiva, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
    The recent patch to 1.31 had, in the notes, a reference to new capability for custom scripts to detect when any unit is damaged for a trigger event. Does anyone know how exactly I would write such an event in custom script?

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The same as with any player unit event.
    Code (vJASS):
    call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(YourTrigger, YourPlayer, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DAMAGED, null)

Note this was constructed for the 1.31 PTR, I have not updated the native list of the program I used to look up the names for 1.31 release.

3. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've never used custom scripts for any player unit event; I've always used GUI. This is why I was asking, because so far, I've used actions to add an event to another trigger to detect unit damage. But I'd rather have a way to do this without needing an indexer. Thanks!

4. Devalut

Devalut

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Bribe released his damage engine 5.0.0.0 that no longer requires his unit indexer!