1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1.2b(14) bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Report Forum' started by Jumbo, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Possibly a spawn going rogue with the default AI.
    Hard to fix without a replay for reconstruction, though.

And yes, the "exploding cleric" thing is very well known. I have no idea why it happens, as there is literally nothing implemented in this game that could cause such a behaviour. Heck, I don't even have a death trigger that does anything related to items in Gaias.

I assume this is some hardcoded WC3-related stuff that somehow does something unexpected. I think there is an explode mechanic in WC3, but I always thought that only triggers through siege weapons or by using suicide skills. Neither of those even exist in Gaias.

2. MiroBG

MiroBG

Resources:
    Resources:
    Another bug we noticed on necro.When you get the new shield ability from fire or shadow dmg on if you go to lvl 41 mountain beasts you get permastunned from their hateful strike afterwards you get permastunned from every other stun ability on the map including lvl 30 beasts shield slam.Heres replay

Attached Files:

3. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yesterday during a Gargoyle fight, I somehow generated threat on a tornado dummy, and then the dummy lasted forever (even after gargoyle died). This made my team and I unable to rest since we were counted as being in combat.

4. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Can someone please send me a replay of the vault bug where the player submitting the replay was affected? I can not see vaults from other players in replays.

5. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sometimes Bard's chorus has no effect applied. Spell goes on cooldown, mana is used, animation/sound is played, but charges are not used and does 0 damage and heal. I'd say it happens 20% of casts.

6. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    MAGICIAN DISPEL TALENT BUG:
    Choosing aoe dispel talent and respeccing abilities, then relearning dispel will grant the normal dispel instead of the improved aoe one that comes from the talent.

EDIT: Strange, it seems it fixed itself after new talent point is achieved. The system is apparently updated in that process. Still, it will be a problem at lvl 50 :)

7. Bretzelfromhell

Bretzelfromhell

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^'chorus' does work with an offhand equipped, when it's not supposed to, and 'battle rhythm' charges don't seem to be generated with each hit, nor 1 by 1.
    e.g. 1->3->5->10->13->18 (though it may only be visual and related to the tooltip refresh)

8. Narzina

Narzina

Resources:
    Resources:
    When a crusader evades an attack while casting a spell, the cooldown of Backhand doesn't get reset.

9. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    There are some technical reasons behind this, it would be very hard to workaround that.
    Tbh, I'd rather sell it as a feature; it's not like Backhand is a weak spell even with that bug in place.

10. Bleach_of_pain

Bleach_of_pain

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here is a interesting bug when you ride a mount and demount the second you get rammed by the lvl 30 ursas you still have the mount buff, but can use spells you cant attack at that time. Here is the replay its in the last 5 min at 2:36:15 sec or a bit later

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  11. Ethical

Ethical

Resources:
    Resources:
    This happened to me today as well, except when I saved my char it had souls on it which doesnt make sense.

12. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Post the replay

13. Ethical

Ethical

Resources:
    Resources:
    didnt save the replay. however I did back my vault up so nothing of great value was lost. Either way, just be careful when saving your vaults from now on and always have a backup.

14. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Goddamnit guys, when the vault bug happens, ALWAYS save the replay. I can't fix it otherwise.

15. Ethical

Ethical

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sigh.

As ive said before, i did not anticipate this bug would happen as when i saved, everything was alright.

When i loaded into the next game, all my souls were gone. It is literally a 10 second replay with just me loading my chars and going to the vault.

In any case, the first replay was not saved since the last replay was the one where i noticed the souls were missing.

16. zapper19

zapper19

Resources:
    Resources:
    serpent staff recipe gives you a bottle of whine?

well when i tried to replicate that serpent staff bug into bottle of whine , didnt work. I only wanted to know how to do it. Instead i got a balanced longword.

17. Ira

Ira

Resources:
    Resources:
    i got a replay of the vaultbug happening to me
    happens towards the end i think

Attached Files:

18. Bleach_of_pain

Bleach_of_pain

Resources:
    Resources:
    here is a replay of the soul bug you see it cause i lose my redsoul buff at the end of the game

Attached Files:

19. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    These replays were super helpful. I could successfully track down the vault bug and fix it.