• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.2b(14) bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Bug Report:
-All bosses that dropped spell scrolls in earlier versions now drop nothing (NO item at all) in place of the spell scrolls. (Seen on Sergeant, Crab, Zibnix, so should be a problem for the others aswell).

-Zharo bugged out so he didn't use his starfall. This caused the fight to turn into a simple tank and spank. He did attempt to use starfall, but apparently it was overruled or cancelled by some other command.

Last edited:
Level 8
Pasting from the other thread.

Sorcerer's instant Water Globes talent does not apply a CD change (So u get instant 0CD water globes).
Lightning Charge and Servant of the Skies can't target air units (Garg).
It seems Zharo doesn't cast any spells now. (S0ulseeker)
Berserker takes buffs permanently. (S0ulseeker)
Gaelas doesn't drop anything sometimes. (Bleach_of_Pain)

That last one is probably Jumbo's bug.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

When I played Sorc this ver there was definitely a cooldown on Water Globes, but I was in a game where a sorc had 0cd water globes - I don't know what caused it, but there has to be more to that bug.

Frost bomb seems to be hitting some players with a permanent slow.

When you're mounted and run past the Mountain Beasts level 30, their Ram sometimes sticks you inbetween them, and you can't move to get away.

There are several locations where enemies get permanently stuck. This can be a good thing for ranged heroes, but very annoying if you want to get out of combat.
1. Mytargas 2 crow mob closest to the castle. Attacking then running will stick them on a rock.
2. Mountain Path first two trolls get stuck on the bridge
3. Area near alch, the Bear gets stuck on the bridge
4. Hg gets stuck if engaged from the top of the hill
There are more, but these are all I remember

Players who saved with a "Serpent Staff" recipe in their inventory now have a "Bottle of Whine", an incredibly powerful universal item.

(Edit) I just figured out water globes bug. Maybe you don't want me to put it in public since it's game breaking, but I'll PM it to you.

(Edit 2) Another bug - disenchanting 3 greens soul does not give you a blue soul, rather it makes your greens disappear. Lovely -.-.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Hunters frost arrows freeze effect works on allies when in combat making it extremely annoying to move round if you are an assasin without blurred motions for example

Level 8
You can use Traps while in combat (no stealth necessary).
Edit: Seems the trap has no effect if you use it combat. Just a waste of mana/CD.

Was stealth changed? I've been getting easily revealed, even by lvl30 mobs (at lvl50).

Last edited:
Level 5
You can steal limitlessly from garg.You can steal once every stone form making it easy to prolong the fight with 2-3 healers for example

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
1. Hill giant just started to attack merc when I had like 600% aggro on him (screenshot)
2. Servant of skies can't use beast's fury on bosses 90% of the time.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_041716_125359_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_041716_125359_01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 128

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

After saving my soul vault last game, it got wiped. I still have a valid code for it, but when I load there is nothing in any of the slots. I save some replays, so I should be able to get them back from some replay, though.

My code is this: -vault 9aYYPSgnFAyVXa3uhP7Fg3EHVw4d2AC3easNtT8HMyANxz

Also, those hints are very annoying. No one reads displayed game text anyways, there are too many of them, and no way to turn it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Not really a bug but, will wiped stashes and backpacks remain as they are?
Why clog a bug thread with this if you know its not a bug? You can ask questions in one the general threads or make one yourself. I'm not sure what map you've seen where your items come back after a code wipe, but that won't happen here. Just equip save the difficult to obtain and quest items. Get the rest again.

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
So, if you toggle on/off new necro's spell few times, absorb refuses to work.
(replay: not far from start of the game, right after hg fight)

Attachments

• necromancerbug.w3g
    31 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Ira

Ira

Level 4
deathfire veil stats that skeletons will no longer generate threat, but it feels like the threat generated by them is transfered to the necromancer himself making it really hard to not take aggro in fights and still do some dps

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

When I die as Bishop, I drop all my items on the ground. They then change player to someone else, and I can't get them back.

Replay:

Attachments

• bug1.w3g
    82.9 KB · Views: 61
Level 7
^ Thats a very old bug thats been reported countless times and Zwieb has no idea how to fix it. Luckily its pretty rare so its not a huuuuuge issue.

Level 8
I think there's an aggro bug in general. It used to come up pretty often in d3 but nowhere else so it wasn't very noticeable. However, in this version I've seen a lvl40 psion take aggro from a lvl50 Berserker, even though the Berserker said he had over 300 threat. Psion also said he was way under 100.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Possibly a spawn going rogue with the default AI.
Hard to fix without a replay for reconstruction, though.

And yes, the "exploding cleric" thing is very well known. I have no idea why it happens, as there is literally nothing implemented in this game that could cause such a behaviour. Heck, I don't even have a death trigger that does anything related to items in Gaias.

I assume this is some hardcoded WC3-related stuff that somehow does something unexpected. I think there is an explode mechanic in WC3, but I always thought that only triggers through siege weapons or by using suicide skills. Neither of those even exist in Gaias.

Level 5
Another bug we noticed on necro.When you get the new shield ability from fire or shadow dmg on if you go to lvl 41 mountain beasts you get permastunned from their hateful strike afterwards you get permastunned from every other stun ability on the map including lvl 30 beasts shield slam.Heres replay

Attachments

• LastReplay.w3g
    335.9 KB · Views: 62

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Yesterday during a Gargoyle fight, I somehow generated threat on a tornado dummy, and then the dummy lasted forever (even after gargoyle died). This made my team and I unable to rest since we were counted as being in combat.

Level 8
Sometimes Bard's chorus has no effect applied. Spell goes on cooldown, mana is used, animation/sound is played, but charges are not used and does 0 damage and heal. I'd say it happens 20% of casts.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
MAGICIAN DISPEL TALENT BUG:
Choosing aoe dispel talent and respeccing abilities, then relearning dispel will grant the normal dispel instead of the improved aoe one that comes from the talent.

EDIT: Strange, it seems it fixed itself after new talent point is achieved. The system is apparently updated in that process. Still, it will be a problem at lvl 50 :)

Level 2
^'chorus' does work with an offhand equipped, when it's not supposed to, and 'battle rhythm' charges don't seem to be generated with each hit, nor 1 by 1.
e.g. 1->3->5->10->13->18 (though it may only be visual and related to the tooltip refresh)

Level 2
When a crusader evades an attack while casting a spell, the cooldown of Backhand doesn't get reset.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
When a crusader evades an attack while casting a spell, the cooldown of Backhand doesn't get reset.
There are some technical reasons behind this, it would be very hard to workaround that.
Tbh, I'd rather sell it as a feature; it's not like Backhand is a weak spell even with that bug in place.

Level 3
Here is a interesting bug when you ride a mount and demount the second you get rammed by the lvl 30 ursas you still have the mount buff, but can use spells you cant attack at that time. Here is the replay its in the last 5 min at 2:36:15 sec or a bit later

Attachments

• mount bug.w3g
    669.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Level 3
After saving my soul vault last game, it got wiped. I still have a valid code for it, but when I load there is nothing in any of the slots.

This happened to me today as well, except when I saved my char it had souls on it which doesnt make sense.

Level 3
didnt save the replay. however I did back my vault up so nothing of great value was lost. Either way, just be careful when saving your vaults from now on and always have a backup.

Level 3
Goddamnit guys, when the vault bug happens, ALWAYS save the replay. I can't fix it otherwise.

Sigh.

As ive said before, i did not anticipate this bug would happen as when i saved, everything was alright.

When i loaded into the next game, all my souls were gone. It is literally a 10 second replay with just me loading my chars and going to the vault.

In any case, the first replay was not saved since the last replay was the one where i noticed the souls were missing.

Level 3
serpent staff recipe gives you a bottle of whine?

When I played Sorc this ver there was definitely a cooldown on Water Globes, but I was in a game where a sorc had 0cd water globes - I don't know what caused it, but there has to be more to that bug.

Frost bomb seems to be hitting some players with a permanent slow.

When you're mounted and run past the Mountain Beasts level 30, their Ram sometimes sticks you inbetween them, and you can't move to get away.

There are several locations where enemies get permanently stuck. This can be a good thing for ranged heroes, but very annoying if you want to get out of combat.
1. Mytargas 2 crow mob closest to the castle. Attacking then running will stick them on a rock.
2. Mountain Path first two trolls get stuck on the bridge
3. Area near alch, the Bear gets stuck on the bridge
4. Hg gets stuck if engaged from the top of the hill
There are more, but these are all I remember

Players who saved with a "Serpent Staff" recipe in their inventory now have a "Bottle of Whine", an incredibly powerful universal item.

(Edit) I just figured out water globes bug. Maybe you don't want me to put it in public since it's game breaking, but I'll PM it to you.

(Edit 2) Another bug - disenchanting 3 greens soul does not give you a blue soul, rather it makes your greens disappear. Lovely -.-.

well when i tried to replicate that serpent staff bug into bottle of whine , didnt work. I only wanted to know how to do it. Instead i got a balanced longword.

Ira

Ira

Level 4
i got a replay of the vaultbug happening to me
happens towards the end i think

Attachments

• vaultbug.w3g
    168.4 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.