• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Role Playing Game] ★ Shadows of the Past ★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
whosyourdaddy
If taken damage greater or equal to 1000, cheat activated, because it's multiple damage by 100 and so farm there is no spell or item that can increase unit stats above that value :D

Thanks for help btw :D
You already mentioned you had that covered :p

I still prefer the dummy with 1-1 attack and another dummy with 2-2HP and 2HP/sec recovery though ^^
Well, the method doesn't matter: as long as it works.

So you're going to disable auto-save when cheats are activated? (Save the moment they're activated and then disable it), or are you still going for your initial plan?

Level 17
TenthLevelTaurenChieftain - Plays a special song (WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne ONLY)

WarpTen - Speeds construction of buildings and units

IocainePowder - Fast Death/Decay

WhosYourDaddy - God mode

KeyserSoze [amount] - Gives you X Gold

LeafitToMe [amount] - Gives you X Lumber

GreedIsGood [amount] - Gives you X Gold and Lumber

PointBreak - Removes food limit

ThereIsNoSpoon - Unlimited Mana

StrengthAndHonor - No defeat

Motherland [race] [level] - level jump

SomebodySetUpUsTheBomb - Instant defeat

AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs - Instant victory

WhoIsJohnGalt - Enable research

SharpAndShiny - Research upgrades

IseeDeadPeople - Remove fog of war

Synergy - Disable tech tree requirements

RiseAndShine - Set time of day to dawn

LightsOut - Set time of day to dusk

DayLightSavings [time] - If a time is specified, time of day is set to that, otherwise time of day is alternately halted/resumed

I'm for the idea of disabling cheats. It takes away the fun of the game. :)

Level 28
TenthLevelTaurenChieftain - Plays a special song (WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne ONLY)

WarpTen - Speeds construction of buildings and units

IocainePowder - Fast Death/Decay

WhosYourDaddy - God mode

KeyserSoze [amount] - Gives you X Gold

LeafitToMe [amount] - Gives you X Lumber

GreedIsGood [amount] - Gives you X Gold and Lumber

PointBreak - Removes food limit

ThereIsNoSpoon - Unlimited Mana

StrengthAndHonor - No defeat

Motherland [race] [level] - level jump

SomebodySetUpUsTheBomb - Instant defeat

AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs - Instant victory

WhoIsJohnGalt - Enable research

SharpAndShiny - Research upgrades

IseeDeadPeople - Remove fog of war

Synergy - Disable tech tree requirements

RiseAndShine - Set time of day to dawn

LightsOut - Set time of day to dusk

DayLightSavings [time] - If a time is specified, time of day is set to that, otherwise time of day is alternately halted/resumed

I'm for the idea of disabling cheats. It takes away the fun of the game. :)
The only important cheat I forgot was iseedeadpeople afaik.

And YOU may not like cheats, but there are others who do (like me).
Of course: when I'm playing the game for real, I don't use cheats, but when I'm just testing (e.g.: reviewing), then I have to use cheats.
So in that case, disabling the cheats would do what? Nothing actually... if you don't like using cheats, don't use them. If you do want to use cheats: then do it.
If kobas wants to make some high-score system (I don't know what he's up to), then he could easily disable that system once a cheat is activated, but defeating a player goes way too far.

I always hated that in games: defeat upon entering a cheat, it's such an annoying feature.

Level 27
Well yes, defeat when cheat is activated seems like a lame idea.
Iseedeadpeople is the only one that might ruin a fun of RPG, but it can be countered. Oh, only cheat that might actually give you an instant defeat could be Whosyourdaddy. I mean it's the most fun breaking. Otherwise, if someone is intrested in story and stuff and it's too hard for him, whosyourdaddy might come in handy for him.

What about adding a special command that works like cheat and disables that score command but makes the game easier?

Will see about cheats...

Btw alchemist specialization look more than awesome at least to me ^^
Experience system finished.
Item drop system finished as well.
I added 20 more items and edited hero pick system.
Oh music is added as well :D

Sorry guys I have 3 exams in next 5 days so I only joined to check your ideas ^^

Demo, I guess, next week...

Oh yes, Alchemist system... does it work similary to Witcher game's alchemistry?
I don't want to bother players with 2 much complex systems :)
Alchemist work like this:
All heroes can pick herb, animal skin... items.
But only alchemist can buy recipes and make awesome potions and so on.

Herbs will be placed all over the map, based on units (buildings to hide hp bar) they will be hidden within environment, when player see herb he can try to harvest it (25% chance to success), if he fail he must wait 10 seconds to try again.

You will be able to harvest herb to infinite but 25% isn't 2 much, and herbs don't cost so much gold so players won't stand near 1 herb for like 2 hours and then come to base sell them and buy epic items :D

I think to increase chance for alchemist (up to 50%) so what you think...

To me this look easy and cool...
As player move it's champion to new lands new herbs will be shown as well as new potions and items :)

I think as well to add few hidden recipes that can be found after finished quest, on hidden locations, in dungeons so alchemist can improve his skills even more.

Maybe weak but crafted potions instead of epic enhanced weapons or rare items give hero large number of combinations for gamepaly. They can heal hero, restore mana, increase damage, armor attack speed, luck, evasion, critical, give ability to increase stats after kill, summon weapons for set amout of time, increase attributes permanently, give lifesteal and many more cool things...

Easy to create, easy to understand how it work and easy to play with, that's my point.

Oh, demo will be uploaded and attached in this thread so don't worry :)

After demo and opinions maybe I request hosted project forum :D
Dunno will see what people think about it first :D

Boss suggestion: Giant Crab, Ancient Makrura Elite, Misha the Bear, Skelety.
Ahahahaha will see will see :D
Hero Information on a Multi-Board (HP %, current HP, HP bar, mana etc...)
Hmmm I don't want to add multiboard :xxd:
Don't kill me, because there will be so many things to display so I have idea to use commands like -stats for showing hero stats ofc ^^

Will see, maybe I use multiboard to display instead hero, enemy unit stats ^^ (Won't be added in demo in any case)

Ability to ride on horses etc.
lol no, there is no need for it, I will create travel systems shown in diablo with portals, hero will use scroll to summon way gate to camps and towns :)
Pets that can help you fight and hold items.
Hmmm hero has his inventory (for up to 6 items), backpack (again 6) and bag for herbs and materials (again 6) so that's should be enough :D.

Ranger class will use animals (dog, wolf, bear and maybe some other creatures) so I maybe can add 1 or 2 inventory places to them as well :D

Level 27
Well probably Alchemist could someway use some special harvesting tools that would increase the chance of sucess...
Yes, some recipes could be bought, some recieved as reward or just found...

Well what I meant was that you won't have to like collect some exact ingridients, but instead the ones of special type. Okay, like for example: Potion requires 2 herbal ingridients and 1 mineral, plus a bottle to put it in. So you can use any ingridient that fits the type, but it's not specified one.

Witcher is a game, Foxy.

Thanks for nice words guys :)

Btw I updated item list ^^
As you can see common items are finished at least for squire class :)
note: item levels and cost will be fixed when I finish with terrain and other systems so I can balance them well ♥
As soon as I create recipes and few more herbs as well as other random items as potions and minerals, crystals and so on, items will be completed for demo version and squire class, it will be easy to add few weapons for new classes later!

Some cool numbers :D
5433 Doodads placed
59 standard and 678 Custom Objects (<- units, doodads, items...)
32 triggers and 34 variables (1 array variable is used within 5 triggers ^^)
183 total units

I created tavern (armory, town hall need to be finished as well)

Hero Description is removed from hero pick system, I wasn't able to fix some errors created by floating text (to be honest I even didn't tried much, maybe can be added later)

Camp (starting location) was recreated, I added few buildings and villagers :)

That would be progress for now :D

Last edited:
Level 9
If you're searching for ideas like professions, spell schools, class guilds or some systems(like a reputation system or alike) than you should check this thread, yes I know it is in russian(translate with google or any tool), but just by looking at the stuff made me want to create a RPG...

Read it, you may find some ideas there!

Level 12
Sorry for replying after such a long time!
But here's my idea for your story line.
I did something to fit the name Shadows of the Past. Hope you like it!

When the World begun, Light had dominated and ruled the land and hearts of the World. The land was fertile and pure, uncorrupted and untouched. Everything was perfect.

But Scales had to be balanced. The Darkness entered the world, in deceit and malice, every changing and all consuming. The land had remained untouched, but the hearts of man and that of empires grew into maturity alongside pride. Pride had plunged the kings of the lands into War. And so that Scales were balanced.

Without the knowledge of the Light, the Darkness began to slowly dominate the World. Unnoticed at first, but there still. It brought wars upon empires and the minds of humanity were enshrouded in the Darkness. Slowly but surely, the Darkness dominated the World while the Light remained ignorant of it. That was his downfall. When the time was right, the Darkness deceived everything. It had deceived the Scales, it had deceived Light, it had deceived it's Creators. The Light was plunged into an everlasting sleep, and nothing could be done to stop it.

The World was then rules by the Darkness entirely. Light had existed no more. But there was resistance. Men and Women of Light rose up against the Darkness, but their efforts were fruitless. The Scales, discovering their were cheated, rose in anger against the Darkness and sealed him into a prison, with chains of Magic and bars of Titanium, the knowledge of it;s existence wiped out.

Balance was restored once again. But the Light was not awakened since it could not be found. Now, only what remains of the Light and the scattered disciples of Darkness are all that remains of the existence of Light and Darkness.

Until now.

Recent events show that a dark corruption has spread across the land, rapidly and undoubtedly, deadly. If not stopped, this Darkness could turn the land into a ravaging battlefield, corruption deep within the World's roots. If not stopped quickly, Darkness could possibly soon rise again in power and destroy once and for all the Scales. And the Light is yet to be found.

So the Darkness is more of a being than a thought of the mind. That is why is referred to it as a him. The Light on the other hand is the polar opposite of the Darkness, and is referred to as a she. The Scales are sort of the "Semi Circular Canals" of the world. Instead of being an entity, they are a group. That is why they are referred to as they.

The present condition if that the Darkness is slowly putting his master plan into action after all these years of imprisonment. Although imprisoned, the
Darkness can still work Malice and Corruption within his short reach. The only way it could reach further was through outer mediators, such as Dark Disciples. But this corruption is only a speculation of whether it's the actual Darkness when the world began.

The Light is MIA, Missing In Action, put to sleep by Darkness and hidden away in the Dark Realm. But there are still followers of the Light. But they are so few, it's so rare to see them.

Hope you enjoy!
If you want another or a synopsis, just shout!

Level 27
I know Russian at least enough to understand :)
Look epic indeed, I think that I find some useful ideas :)

Kinda offtopic but: Cool! Didn't knew you actually speak Russian! And where did you learn to speak it?

Sorry for replying after such a long time!
But here's my idea for your story line.
I did something to fit the name Shadows of the Past. Hope you like it!

When the World begun, Light had dominated and ruled the land and hearts of the World. The land was fertile and pure, uncorrupted and untouched. Everything was perfect.

But Scales had to be balanced. The Darkness entered the world, in deceit and malice, every changing and all consuming. The land had remained untouched, but the hearts of man and that of empires grew into maturity alongside pride. Pride had plunged the kings of the lands into War. And so that Scales were balanced.

Without the knowledge of the Light, the Darkness began to slowly dominate the World. Unnoticed at first, but there still. It brought wars upon empires and the minds of humanity were enshrouded in the Darkness. Slowly but surely, the Darkness dominated the World while the Light remained ignorant of it. That was his downfall. When the time was right, the Darkness deceived everything. It had deceived the Scales, it had deceived Light, it had deceived it's Creators. The Light was plunged into an everlasting sleep, and nothing could be done to stop it.

The World was then rules by the Darkness entirely. Light had existed no more. But there was resistance. Men and Women of Light rose up against the Darkness, but their efforts were fruitless. The Scales, discovering their were cheated, rose in anger against the Darkness and sealed him into a prison, with chains of Magic and bars of Titanium, the knowledge of it;s existence wiped out.

Balance was restored once again. But the Light was not awakened since it could not be found. Now, only what remains of the Light and the scattered disciples of Darkness are all that remains of the existence of Light and Darkness.

Until now.

Recent events show that a dark corruption has spread across the land, rapidly and undoubtedly, deadly. If not stopped, this Darkness could turn the land into a ravaging battlefield, corruption deep within the World's roots. If not stopped quickly, Darkness could possibly soon rise again in power and destroy once and for all the Scales. And the Light is yet to be found.

So the Darkness is more of a being than a thought of the mind. That is why is referred to it as a him. The Light on the other hand is the polar opposite of the Darkness, and is referred to as a she. The Scales are sort of the "Semi Circular Canals" of the world. Instead of being an entity, they are a group. That is why they are referred to as they.

The present condition if that the Darkness is slowly putting his master plan into action after all these years of imprisonment. Although imprisoned, the
Darkness can still work Malice and Corruption within his short reach. The only way it could reach further was through outer mediators, such as Dark Disciples. But this corruption is only a speculation of whether it's the actual Darkness when the world began.

The Light is MIA, Missing In Action, put to sleep by Darkness and hidden away in the Dark Realm. But there are still followers of the Light. But they are so few, it's so rare to see them.

Hope you enjoy!
If you want another or a synopsis, just shout!

Yes, this one sounds deep and epic. I think it should be used...

In school ^^
I can understand but not speak ^^

Ok will see about story, maybe will use it but a little edited :p

Hmm I just finished with importing 57 new icons into map :)
25% of them are imported for alchemist specialty
10% of them for explorer specialty
65% for miner specialty

Those 3 will be included in demo :p
As soon as I find some time I will add improve and I guess finish alchemy specialty for demo version!
15 more herbs and together around 10 or 15 potions...

EDIT:

Guys I updated herb items, as you can see I have 15 more herbs to add, can you think of some descriptions and names?
Thanks

EDIT 2:

Ok I created items and units now just to find cool names and descriptions!

Last edited:
Just to ask for opinions will something like this work for abilities :)

Capture.jpg

or
Capture2.jpg

It just idea, it's isn't finished, and if I decide to work on it dunno if I add it into demo version, but 1 is certain it won't look same for sure, cuz I miss/need place/room for descriptions and so on...

Remember hero will be able to have only 4 abilities at same time, so I need ideas how to do that :)

Well There will be around 5 abilities in demo version
but I will add around 3 or 4 for each new class so once when I finish all there would be around 20 abilities...

EDIT:

I have idea, will post screenshot later!

Ok here you go!
attachment.php

Let me explain:
Green button accept and apply settings!
Red button close this and do nothing :)
4 empty boxes show hero abilities (learned or not :))
1 long box show ability description!
2 large box show abilities hero can learn :)
if ability is DISBTN like those here, they are locked :)
Red abilities are levelable ones!
Blue ones are unique and class/quest/guild/specialization related (those 3 for squire only <- Example)
yellow up remove spell
yellow down add spell

Now we need to make triggers for this thing ^^

BTW Suggestionzzzz ↓

EDIT 2:

Ok guys I finished 50% triggering for this (main part)
I still need to do triggering about checking if hero has abilities and their place...

Sorry this can be done fast but I have 2 exams tomorrow so I work 10 or 15 min between hours and hours of math and physics :sad:

Funny thing is that I needed 9 triggers so far to do those 2 systems whole in GUI.
Around 260 doodads (+2 per each new ability)
Around 50 Regions
2 Cameras
14 units (+1 per each new ability)
and around 20 variables (can go up)

Still it work perfectly fine ^^

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
After 5 hours of coding and working in trigger editor I think that I'm close to make it work...

Moment of truth...

Again fail -.-
(I mixed some units grrrrr)

EDIT:

FUCK SO CLOSE! STILL I HAVE SMALL ERRORS!

EDIT 2:

IT FUCKING WORKS, SYSTEM ABOVE WORKS, WITH NO ERROR AFTER 6 HOURS I FINALLY MADE IT, FUCK YEAH!
GUYS I WILL ADD IT INTO DEMO, YOU MUST TEST IT :D

Oh another cool thing, I finished herbs, post will be updated later this night or tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Level 12
Fuck, that's one sweet looking interface.

Anyway, I named some herbs, some are a bit random. (Gold and Levels on you)

"/" = "or"

Dark Root

icons_935_btn.jpg

Dark Root
Cost: 20 Gold
Level: 1
Category: Herb
Description: Only alchemists know what to do with this herb.
Give: Alchemist ingredient/Provides the user with a life-stealing attack.
Death Rose

97501d1297088504-sprpg-shadows-past-btndeathanddecay.jpg

Death Rose
Cost: 75 Gold
Description: Strange herb, people say that a Death Rose can even cure the deapest wounds..
Give: Heals 20 hit points.
Happy Leaf

icons_919_btn.jpg

Happy Leaf
Cost: 20 Gold
Description: The most suitable herb after a troublesome day.
Give: Restores 10 mana points.
Poison Herb

icons_938_btn.jpg

Poison Herb
Cost: 35 Gold
Description: Small herb usually seen in Dul Lorkhan Forest. Some people say that it is poisoned.
Give: Enhances the user attacks with a poison effect.
Herb

icons_917_btn.jpg

Breeze Leaf
Special: (Quest/Hidden)
Cost: 0 Gold
Description: These leaves are abundant in windy regions.
Give: Allows the user to cast Wind Walk/ Minor speed boost.
Herb

icons_918_btn.jpg

Plamlet
Description: A leaf with intensive properties.
Give: Restores health and mana over time.
Herb

icons_920_btn.jpg

Rarebloom
Description: These type of flowers barely bloom due to lack of nutrients.
Give: Drain Life or Mana
Herb

icons_933_btn.jpg

Stemling
Description: The debile stem is the result of a heavy overgrown spore.
Give: Increased armor/Spell Immunity (duration of time).
Herb

icons_934_btn.jpg

Undroot
Description: Surfaced roots of a various flowers
Give: Slow effect (enemy)
Herb

icons_936_btn.jpg

Weedet
Description: Weedets are known for their strong healing energy.
Give: Strong heal/ Heal over time.
Herb

icons_937_btn.jpg

Thorn Plant
Description: The spikes on this plant are known to cause fatal injuries.
Give: Entangle roots/Active Thorn Aura.
Herb

icons_939_btn.jpg

Divine Lilly
Description: Favored plant of the gods.
Give: Divine Shield/Holy Light/Resurrection.
Herb

icons_940_btn.jpg

Maglen Herb
Description: Maglen herbs are an essential item for any skilled user of magic.
Give: Stong mana restore/ Mana restore over time.
Herb

icons_1038_btn.jpg

Fire Lotus
Description: It is said that Fairies gather around these flowers in solitude.
Give: Faerie Fire/Fire (splash) attack/Inner Fire.
Herb

icons_1039_btn.jpg

Antek
Description: Anteks are every magic user's nightmare.
Give: Dispel Magic/ Silence.
Herb

icons_1040_btn.jpg

Parant
Description: Plants specialized for paralyzing and numbing
Give: Stun/ Dizzy Effect.
Herb

icons_1041_btn.jpg

Treanch
Description: Fast-growing plant, able to develop into huge proportions.
Give: Summon Treant.
Herb

icons_548_btn.jpg

Flince
Description: Flince flowers have the ultimate stench of disease.
Give: Disease Cloud?
Herb

icons_549_btn.jpg

Moon Plant
Description: These plants only grow at night, under the moon rays.
Give: Moon Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.