• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

» Warcraft III - Paranoia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Grievous1, i saw that the release date of this map is due on the 15th of March, does that mean we start testing on the 15th or the map will be released to the public on the 15th?

Its was a old release date I was a little bit to busy in the last time.... so I haven't find the time to change this back to TBD but you are almost right I'll aiming this for our closed beta testing start but I musst still remember you that I'm just finish with one level (and that is just the first zombie level I pray that you aren't disappointing now) and that you don't will see any feature in the first closed beta testing version but I want after every successful version to throw out the next version to our beta testing team with new features/weapons and more... btw. I will open for new features so if you have a good idea maybe you will see it in the next version.

Level 14
Its was a old release date I was a little bit to busy in the last time.... so I haven't find the time to change this back to TBD but you are almost right I'll aiming this for our closed beta testing start but I musst still remember you that I'm just finish with one level (and that is just the first zombie level I pray that you aren't disappointing now) and that you don't will see any feature in the first closed beta testing version but I want after every successful version to throw out the next version to our beta testing team with new features/weapons and more... btw. I will open for new features so if you have a good idea maybe you will see it in the next version.

Dont worry about it friend!
You wont make us dissapointed, the idea of testing games
is too test EVERYSINGLELEVEL from start too end and supporting by finding
bugs and stuff, even if its just in small packages if you get what i mean.

You just do your thing, and we will be ready too do our :)

Level 4
Uhm one more question.
The testing is going to be held on Battle.net or Garena?
Because in Battle.net my computer sometimes hangs and it rarely makes my computer crash. D:

Level 7
@Grievous1 : No problem, in fact the timing is great because my school exams start next week and end on the 13th, which means the beta testing period will be right after the exam, and i'll be free most of the time assuming i'm not in school or something unexpected pops up. GL on the progress, been waiting ages for this =)

Level 5
I might seem to not be so active but don't worry, I'am. Im tracking this thread every day and patience isn't bad thing for us, enjoy your time and there's no need to haste. Personally, I'll always keep your side, there is real life and other stuff to do. Nobody threats you nor demands anything. Good luck with your progress!

Level 7
@neo_child, i believe that i once saw somewhere that beta testers will have a chainsaw and a special character, i'm not sure about normal players though.

Level 13
It might work somthing like this; make a specific code which when typed by a player, gives you the special bonus or whatever the secret is (And maybe also that it removes the typed message from your screen the instant it is typed so that other players won't see it) And Grevious1 might PM you the code so that no one else will know it.

Level 4
Okay people I have throwed out the closed beta testing private messages with the information about the closed beta at the feg forums maybe the beta testers should check it out in the next time.
I just checked my inbox and there is nothing in it.:vw_wtf:
Did you send to me yet?

Level 7
@Grievous1, I may be late for beta testing, as i am having my exams from today until Friday, or the 12th. I'll try to be back and active ASAP.
In UTC/GMT i'll be active from approximately 12:30 A.M. ( morning in my timezone ) - 16 or 17:30 P.M. ( 12 or 1 A.M. in my timezone ) after the exams.
During the exam period from now to the 12th, i will only be active in the early morning ( 12:30 A.M. - 3:30 A.M. ) UTC/GMT

@Zealon it may not be so effective because a player can just save replay and be able to find the code.

Last edited:
Level 13
@frostloh, Well if it was deleted instantly it won’t even appear on your screen at all, so looking at the replay wouldn't reveal the code.

Level 14
@Grievous1, I may be late for beta testing, as i am having my exams from today until Friday, or the 12th. I'll try to be back and active ASAP.
In UTC/GMT i'll be active from approximately 12:30 A.M. ( morning in my timezone ) - 16 or 17:30 P.M. ( 12 or 1 A.M. in my timezone ) after the exams.
During the exam period from now to the 12th, i will only be active in the early morning ( 12:30 A.M. - 3:30 A.M. ) UTC/GMT

@Zealon it may not be so effective because a player can just save replay and be able to find the code.

No problem the testing time will just starts at the 15 march

@ GhostThruster: I have just accepted now your account with the name "GhostThruster" if its not okay for you than I could change your name easily if you want it and yes maybe I should change the email. ^^

@ eMo2LoVe: I have activate your accout now :D

sorry that you people musst waiting for the ativation of your accounts.

-Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne version: 1.24.46387

Check.

-You musst set your Warcraft 3 graphical settings to medium or high

It's always on high. :D

-A Closed Beta Account
-Garena or Battle.net

Okay, this I may have problems with. As you see, I used to play on Garena for about a year last year. But a certain event removed my privilege to use Garena over summer last year.
To make it short; I cannot use either of them; Battle.Net OR Garena.
But I could still play alone, and with my brother on LAN. And I can provide good reviews.
Sorry if I'm unable to meet your standards.
By the way, my timezone is GMT +8. So I posted this at 4 AM. :)

I think it's possible to just CnP the Wc3 folder from a bought copy, eg. from your friend's computer, and you can access Battle.net (I did this, though with my own legit copy, to backup Wc3 onto my USB). However, I don't think I'll be using Battle.net, since it's kinda laggy (for me).

@Grievous1: Sorry for the 2 applications, ignore the 'GhosT' one <- I was having troubles.

Level 14
Paranoia profile? Where?

I think he mean his closed beta forum profile but I must say only closed beta testers can see it.

@ indomitable1319: Its okay than I think you should better testing out the first versions alone.

@ GhostThruster: I created a garena account too for the closed beta so if the closed beta testers want to play with the creator too on garena (and not only with the other closed beta testers) its now possible with me together against terrorists/assasines and mutants xD

Level 7
Can anyone tell me what does the Character/Character Level means in the closed beta forum?

Wootz, i finally finished my History exam, even if it isn't guaranteed to get a pass :grin: only 1 more day left in the exams period.

You got a ripped version? (; Just get the games dude .. 15 $ aren't much for both games.

The story was...
My brother brought home a USB one day. It contained WC3. At that moment, I didn't know he stole it from a computer shop.
The end.

@ indomitable1319: Its okay than I think you should better testing out the first versions alone.

Yay! I'll be ready to test. :)

Level 5
The story was...
My brother brought home a USB one day. It contained WC3. At that moment, I didn't know he stole it from a computer shop.
The end.

For some reason it sounds pretty funny :D

How about hamachi? or tunngle? that's another way to link up all beta testers.

Level 4
Hmm... How about we separate the sessions into the different people from different servers?

Maybe we could work it out soon....
Garena people at one time and Battle.net people at another....
Btw frostloh and me play together so we might be able to test in Garena.

Level 14
Can anyone tell me what does the Character/Character Level means in the closed beta forum?

Wootz, i finally finished my History exam, even if it isn't guaranteed to get a pass :grin: only 1 more day left in the exams period.

That just means with other words... your ingame hero level/rank :)

@ PastTime: The problem is that I only know hamachi/garena and for sure the battle.net but if you want to testing it out with other ways than you can suggest it in our closed beta tester forum I think that is the fastest way in order to know what the other closed beta tester members think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.