• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Master vs Archipelago - Possible Submission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
But maybe not. That`s why I want to hear you.

Attachments

• Tropical Forest.jpg
    Tropical Forest.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 172
Level 10
3rd WIP.
Improvement.
It`s magical forest with lake.
Which is better?
And now, possible submission. Maybe best terrain from me ever. I need comments.

Attachments

• WIP2.jpg
    WIP2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 86
  • WIP3.jpg
    WIP3.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 93
  • WIP4.jpg
    WIP4.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Level 11
K3k3, Dark Master, here is some advice. Sun is really big and really close to the camera, so this is the best way to go. Finish the hill so it cuts in at the right, and it doesnt just end. Make another (barely visible) hill on the left. Move the sun back away from the camera, and my person opinion is to make the sun be half-visible so it isnt glaring, too much. Place much grass, shrubs, rocks under the trees, cuz right now there's nothing under them (looks like a naked forest :eek:) Place little pebbles (very little rocks [not SteinLord they wont look good here]) where the water is. As you may know rivers, ponds etc. Aren't just water craters, they have much life and enviroment in them (rocks, fish, water section plants etc.[whatever u find to be most fitting]) Also you could try adding a couple of smaller (and sunken into the ground) SteinLord rocks next to the ones you placed. This is done to bring more realism. Again when you go in the wilderness, you don't see just one very humangeous rock. You see a big rock a couple of smaller to mid rocks next to him in a diffrent position, etc. A good example would be, Megafyr's Castle terrain (view in my uber paint pic) the rocks he used in the water, as you see are scattered around, so there's big rocks, smaller rocks etc. Just try to imagine it looking like in Real Life ;) Now ofcourse the sky. It's never bad to use Custom Skys , they are real eye candy and can make even a mid-classed terrain look very good. Try placing a Storm Sphere with diffrent settings, maybe even some Cloud Spheres until you find a good looking setting. Also when you make all of those changes, try experimenting with a different fog. If you need any advice just ask ;P (IM SO BEING TERRAIN MOD FOR THIS)

Level 10
Here it is. added fish, water life, and some thing there and there.
As I said, only UTM. No csm (contest sanctioned models) or any cm (custom models).
Edit-Wait, I saw something. Fixing...
FIXED

Attachments

• WIP5.jpg
    WIP5.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Level 19
Magical forest is better in my opinion. The new WIP has too much to be fixed, but you do what you wanna do. :p

If you chose the magical forest, why not make an tree-ant thing stick his head half ways out the water? I think that would look cool :p

Level 10
hate to be the one to say it but its a little too bringht in the middle of the screen it takes away from the actual scene . . . . . . but against archipelago's ones so far i think your doing better . . . . . . ish . . xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.